Author Topic: What happened to Juliet?  (Read 6129 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
What happened to Juliet?
« on: February 11, 2007, 09:41:19 PM »
I know there have been discussions about this throughout the various topics...

In Juliet's flashback, she is very unsure of herself. Juliet is subordinate and is a complete mess.

Forward to Island time, and Juliet is in the elite of the Others, and can kill a person in cold blood.

WHAT HAPPENED?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Juliet?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 10:49:21 PM »
Being brainwashed and programmed by these freaks changed her.

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 12:43:36 AM »
And the fact that she wants to go home to her sister and her baby(if they are still alright and the baby was actually born). They were the bargaining tool for Juliet, she justs wants to get home and will use any means possible, even trying to kill Ben and take on the man!

And yes she has been messed with by the others :D

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 04:21:57 PM »
She's a bit robot like on the island, probably from being blackmailed into going to 'Portland' by the scary mascara man and having to leave her sister. She doesn't seem to have many emotions at all. You know the old phrase, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, I think that applies to her.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 04:30:40 PM »
i think she married ben.  either he seduced her, or has some likable qualities and they got married.  because of their relationship she became a person of power and authority.  they split up, and now she just wants OUT.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 04:50:27 PM »
Not sure if they were married, but I think they were do the nasty on craphole island. Got spend your free time some way

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 04:54:49 PM »
I think at one point Juliette was a leader and Ben was a follower or even a prisoner - I got this from when he made the comment about her never making him soup. I've been saying this for a while though and no-one seems to agree with me.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 05:18:23 PM »
Then you will have that great moment of I told you so to all of us!

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 06:54:37 PM »
i think she married ben.  either he seduced her, or has some likable qualities and they got married.  because of their relationship she became a person of power and authority.  they split up, and now she just wants OUT.
this was my initial feeling as well.  & still is really.

I think at one point Juliette was a leader and Ben was a follower or even a prisoner - I got this from when he made the comment about her never making him soup. I've been saying this for a while though and no-one seems to agree with me.
I do!!!  I've thought that, too!  :)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 08:24:27 PM »
I thought the soup comment was the "history" Tom ws talking about. Like they were a couple at one time. Maybe a couple but once she discovered she couldnt leave of her own accord, it ended.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 10:43:06 AM »
this was my initial feeling as well.  & still is really.

i'm glad someone agrees with me!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 10:53:29 AM »
I thought the soup comment was the "history" Tom ws talking about. Like they were a couple at one time. Maybe a couple but once she discovered she couldnt leave of her own accord, it ended.

I am in this camp. He can see the attraction and it was a comment in that vain.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 04:39:02 PM »
I do!!!  I've thought that, too!  :)

Yay, some one who thinks this too ;D

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 05:23:01 PM »
Seen as shes been on the island for over 3 years, I'd say shes grown in confidence and adopted a 'Kill or be killed' nature. But I believe she is still insecure inside of herself. You can tell with her facial expressions when she is not in command.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 05:33:08 PM »
Seen as shes been on the island for over 3 years, I'd say shes grown in confidence and adopted a 'Kill or be killed' nature. But I believe she is still insecure inside of herself. You can tell with her facial expressions when she is not in command.
YES!  I was just thinking about this today!  This is why I do really like her, & I think that Jack sees it too.