Author Topic: Mittlelos Lab  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Mittlelos Lab
« on: February 08, 2007, 01:05:50 AM »
So is this lab started by Mittlewerk?  What is the association?  What do y'all think?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Mittlelos Lab
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 01:18:35 AM »
I thought Mittel sounded familiar.

Mittelwerk is the current head of Hanso (per TLE). Maybe at the time of the Plane Crash, etc., he wasn't head of Hanso, but rather head of Mittelos Lab. (I can't remember how many years Hanso had been missing, so it's possible that Mittlewerk was head at PC as well)

Either way, I'm pretty sure Mittelwerk had something to do with Mittelos Lab. Too much of a coincidence.

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 01:33:57 AM »
So is this lab started by Mittlewerk?  What is the association?  What do y'all think?
I made the same connection when I heard the name. Can't be a coincidence. Either "Mittle" is some sort of important word/code/hint that we're seeing pop up over and over, or Thomas Mittlewerk founded this company. I think it's the latter.

mindsparkle

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 01:56:12 AM »
Perhaps, Mittlewerk is working subversively and the Hanso Foundation doesn't realize it, or do and can't do anything about it... he's creating his own little universe

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 02:08:37 AM »
Perhaps, Mittlewerk is working subversively and the Hanso Foundation doesn't realize it, or do and can't do anything about it... he's creating his own little universe
That is probably how it would go.  And if you go to http://www.thehansofoundation.org/ , you see that Mittlewerk is persona non grata after betraying Alvar Hanso. So, it fits that he might be doing some sort of subversive side project which ties in to the shady stuff he was doing under the Hanso banner.  But the key is that the head of Mittelos lab is  "Jonas Mittelos", so that's either Thomas by another name, or something weird is going on.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 02:17:08 AM by dcnole »

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 02:19:24 AM »
That is probably how it would go.  And if you go to http://www.thehansofoundation.org/ , you see that Mittlewerk is persona non grata after betraying Alvar Hanso. So, it fits that he might be doing some sort of subversive side project which ties in to the shady stuff he was doing under the Hanso banner.  But the key is that the head of Mittelos lab is  "Jonas Mittelos", so that's either Thomas by another name, or something weird is going on.

Hi Nicole. Where did the name "Jonas Mittelos" come from, was it from the episode?

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 02:23:00 AM »

Hi Nicole. Where did the name "Jonas Mittelos" come from, was it from the episode?
It was on the website I just read you said was a fan site.  So, I guess you can nix the Jonas Mittelos point.

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 02:00:49 PM »
mindsparkle told us before the show even aired last night that there was a hidden anagram appearing somewhere on the show so I figured it would either be "Mittelos Bioscience" or something from the flashes of sayings from Karl's aversion therapy montage...

But the name "Mittelos" stood out for me and figured out right away that it could be rearrranged to for the anagram/words "LOST TIME"...

Then I went to Lostpedia and they confirmed the anagram too, so LOST TIME is what you get from Mittelos... Just some fun trivia and it coincides with how important this episode was in stucturing the time and in exemplifiying the cliche "timing is everything"...

Offline Kimbagrl

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 02:19:34 PM »
SO, now you all know what I do for a living! The secret's out. I'm working on a syrum to impregnate male mice!  :D :D :D PS, I wish my lab looked half that good! You gotta love TV ;)

Offline miketrapasso

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 05:09:18 PM »
Does anyobdy have screenshots of the Mittelos Labs presentation that was shown to Juliet?  I can't remember what was shown, and when I checked my recorder I realized that I had mistakenly recorded a soccer game from Spain instead of Lost. >:(

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 06:13:06 PM »
Does anyobdy have screenshots of the Mittelos Labs presentation that was shown to Juliet?  I can't remember what was shown, and when I checked my recorder I realized that I had mistakenly recorded a soccer game from Spain instead of Lost. >:(
How was the game? :D

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 02:53:07 AM »
OOh...low blow, JB. Sorry to mike.  :-\  :)

Anyway...I had the same thought...that Mittlewerk must be associated with the lab in some way.  Too close to be coincidence, IMO.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 10:39:32 AM »
OOh...low blow, JB. Sorry to mike.  :-\  :)

Anyway...I had the same thought...that Mittlewerk must be associated with the lab in some way.  Too close to be coincidence, IMO.
I agree completely with you on this, PL. Mittelwerk MUST be part of the lab.

(I only asked how the game was because I nearly missed out because of a game. I was rather perturbed.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 01:27:32 AM »
Sorry I misunderstood your post then, JB.   :)