Author Topic: Juliet Kills Pickett? and Karl can Go?  (Read 4396 times)

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Juliet Kills Pickett? and Karl can Go?
« on: February 08, 2007, 08:55:46 PM »
I can't believe no one wants to talk about this....

Why does Karl get to leave ont he boat, but not Alex.  This seems weird to me.

Also - Juliet SHOOTS Pickett...my gosh!  Is he dead?  Is it a hoax shooting?  Is this not important at all?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Juliet Kills Pickett? and Karl can Go?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 09:00:40 PM »
He's dead. Most definately

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 09:06:47 PM »
LOL E-Rich
I think they let Carl go because he was not needed and he is close enough if they do need him.  But Juliette had to play it just right to save Ben.  Alex was not allowed to go because Ben who we are assuming is her dad would be mad.
Picket needed to be shot, because it was important that Sawyer and Kate get to safety
(Again to save Ben)
Picket got in the way of that and got shot.

Why what are you thinking? Do you have any other ideas? Would like to hear them

Everybody has been saying what did Carl do to deserve the brainwashing room?
My opinion is that he is a sort of a rebel and this is their method of making him comply
He was already in the cage and then he tried to free Sawyer.(shows us that he had "issues" before our Losties arrived) and just maybe they have been trying to keep him away from Alex for some reason so maybe it is actually better if he is not around

But aren't they afraid that he will reveal their secrets?  Does he know anything that would shed some light on some of this?  That is my burning question

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 09:27:33 PM »
Kinda my thoughts are, he(Ben) wants to have Alex closer to him. Hence the, "did she ask about me" question from the other epi. Ben wants Alex there, Karl is a distraction for her.

I did think it was funny, how the perception of the calm community, everyone has meetings book readings society, to Ben said let them go ,boom boom boom, kill Pickett. That was just crazy! You are only as important as the moment, something bigger than all of them is in the works. 

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 10:15:48 PM »
I thnk Juliet was just wanting to take her anger out on something, and Picket got in the way. Well, he wasn't having a great day anyways.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 10:57:29 PM »
Juliette warned Picket and told him that ben told her to let Kate and sawyer go. He refused to listen and was going to shoot them. SHe had to do it to save Ben.

For whatever reason Carl and ALex can not be together, Ben does not want that.

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 11:23:13 PM »
Honestly, what dad approves of their daughter's choice in young men? Not many. It's a "daddy's girl" syndrome IN MY OPINION. So he wants the trouble maker removed even if just remotely removed. And it's a way for Ben to show Alex he cares for her feelings for him, will respect that but won't allow them to be together.

As for Pickett....he was a live wire. He was making his own rules. He was hellbent on killing Sawyer...keep in mind, he did NOTHING to cause Colleen's death!!...for some unknown reason. So possibly they knew he was a walking time bomb.

Again, just my opinions.

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 12:52:59 AM »
LOL E-Rich
I think they let Carl go because he was not needed and he is close enough if they do need him.  But Juliette had to play it just right to save Ben.  Alex was not allowed to go because Ben who we are assuming is her dad would be mad.
Picket needed to be shot, because it was important that Sawyer and Kate get to safety
(Again to save Ben)
Picket got in the way of that and got shot.

Why what are you thinking? Do you have any other ideas? Would like to hear them

Everybody has been saying what did Carl do to deserve the brainwashing room?
My opinion is that he is a sort of a rebel and this is their method of making him comply
He was already in the cage and then he tried to free Sawyer.(shows us that he had "issues" before our Losties arrived) and just maybe they have been trying to keep him away from Alex for some reason so maybe it is actually better if he is not around

But aren't they afraid that he will reveal their secrets?  Does he know anything that would shed some light on some of this?  That is my burning question

About carl - I don't think Juliet cared about Carl leaving the island or any of it. She finally gets to leave the island, so why not. It's not her problem any more.

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 02:18:37 AM »
In my opinion, they don't want Alex to go to the other island because DANIELLE, her birth mother, is there.  She may not know that Danielle is her birth mother, and I'm sure if she doesn't, they don't want her to be running into Danielle.

Just my opinion, though.

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 06:44:20 AM »
In my opinion, they don't want Alex to go to the other island because DANIELLE, her birth mother, is there.  She may not know that Danielle is her birth mother, and I'm sure if she doesn't, they don't want her to be running into Danielle.

Just my opinion, though.

Ya know...I remembered Danielle saying the baby was taken from her and all of that stuff, but NEVER did it dawn on me that the Others lied to Alex and led her to believe that Ben was her father. I just went with "o my God, did Danielle and Ben have a baby together!?!?!" ...thanks Cardi...u slapped me back into "reality".

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 06:52:53 AM »
These people have been doing all kinds of fertility work.  Maybe Karl and Alex are too close genetically to be allowed to have children together, so they're being kept apart.  I have no foundation for this.  Just speculating.

BlackrockBob

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 07:54:53 AM »
Has anyone else noticed there are diffenitely different types of Others?

There are the more civilized book club people (Juliette).
There are the mysterious mess with your mind, but calm people (Ben, Mrs. Klue)
There are the followers/gophers (Tom)
There are the anger issues/crazy people (Ethan, Pickett)

Then you have Alex and Karl. They are the rebelious teenagers and of course don't fit into any clear group. Karl was being conditioned to behave. I agree they don't want any uncontrolled reproduction going on, but I think it is more that Alex and Karl do what they want to do and can't be controlled. In the past, I don't think the Others really cared what Karl and Alex did so much. Now with the Surviors of 815 running around causing trouble, they don't want to add any fuel to the fire.

PIckett did have to be killed, he was out of control. He wasn't going to listen to Ben.

Do most of the Others kill? From my point of view it is only the people with anger issues.
Yes, Tom did shoot Sawyer, but that was more of a self defense thing. Ethan just killed a random Red Shirt and about killed Charlie. Goodwin broke that guys neck to avoid detection.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 09:56:38 AM »
Juliette kills also...now.

What society does want uncontrolled teenage reporduction going on!!

SOL I like your theory, they may be to genetically identical to be together.

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 10:14:56 AM »
What I found interesting is how easily Juliette can kill someone and it doesnt seem to bother her. 3 years before she was tore up over her Ex getting hit by a Bus. Now she can kill without batting an eye. What happened to her in the last 3 years?

Killing seems to come natural to this group.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 10:24:15 AM »
Living on in psychville for 3 years can change a person.