Author Topic: Juliet Kills Pickett? and Karl can Go?  (Read 4287 times)

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
Re: Juliet Kills Pickett? and Karl can Go?
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2007, 02:56:18 PM »
One of the reasons I love this site is so I can read the speculations. But really at this point to speculate why or why not she reacted the way she did is kind of irrelevant.  The point was that Pickett was standing in the way of what needed to get done at that point and time.  Pickett needed to be stopped and he was.
I think we will later see more on Jules and what made her a "harder" person
Who knows maybe she went through a "brainwashing" session herself.
I think the reasons that Juliette gave Alex for staying behind were sufficient for now
The key was to get Sawyer and Kate off safely and Carl was really not planned for, and Juliette had to go for that in order to save Ben.  She was not at all mean or authoritative towards Alex, she just stated a fact and Alex understood. Plus I think Alex can probably get to the other island if she really wants to, she already had a boat...
I can't wait for more flashbacks on Juliette and Ben and Alex...and Danielle

mindsparkle

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2007, 04:32:27 PM »
I don't believe that Ben told Juliet that he'd let her go if she helped him get his operation, I think he blackmailed her with a you do this or I'll do that...

Ben did need the operation to happen so certainly completing his operation was imperative, that said, I think he was willing to let Sawyer, Kate and Carl go because he can always get them back if he needs them and Carl being with the losties assures that at least Alex and Carl won't be together.  As for what Carl may tell the losties, Ben still feels he has the upper hand and the losties are at his beckon call if need be regardless of what they may think they know

I think that shooting Pickett was not in the discussion.  Juliet made a decision to kill him, I think she hates him and all that he represents with regard to her own sense of being a hostage... she will have to pay the consequences for this!

Why would Juliet lie to Jack about what Ben said... she may still need an ally and isn't destroying any bridges... her goal is to get of the island and to that end she will do whatever she feels is necessary.  The answer she gave to Jack solicits sympathy...  and she knows Jack is a caring man.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2007, 06:11:18 PM »
I don't think Karl and Alex are genetically linked. Not sure if it's just an over protective dad thing either though. Not made my mind up about Carl yet.

With regards to Juliette, her backstory showed that the thing she cared about was her sister and since her ex died when Ethan and his buddy didn't get what they wanted she may feel she has to comply and is therefore desensitized to it. I have thought she seemed like a cold hearted cow in previous episodes anyway and Sawyer said he thought she would have killed Kate in a previous episode - something has toughened her up and I reckon 3 years on a creepy island could do that.

Offline firemanandlostfan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2007, 08:32:45 PM »
cold hearted cow??? lol

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2007, 08:46:56 PM »
I agree with MS
I don't think she told Jack the truth about what her and Ben discussed
and I agree with you also on the Pickett issue
He should have just stayed away, this was not planeed but needed to be done at that moment he got in the way of the plan

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2007, 11:04:12 PM »
Fireman, thanks for refreshing my memory on Sawyers comment on Juliette that sure was dead on correct. Sawyer has some people reading skills. There is still so much missing from Juliettes back story, namely the 3 years on the island. We will find out some day.

Mindsparkle most likely has the situation well described. Ben sure could of threatened Juliettes sister. Juliette knows they will follow through on their threats.

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2007, 07:46:25 PM »
Absolutely.  I think this is a very valid arguement on what Juliette and Ben talked about...