Author Topic: The Pregnancy Test  (Read 2555 times)

Offline mainemary

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
The Pregnancy Test
« on: February 08, 2007, 06:55:32 PM »
Could the pregnancy tests people are using from Widmore actually cause pregnancy and could the father be the BIG GUY? The Korean woman is pregnant after testing herself, as was Claire and as was Julietís sister. If every women on earth used the test when she thought she was pregnant then the world would be populated by thousands of sons of The Big GUY.  Is Juliet being held on the island to keep her quiet?

mindsparkle

Re: The Pregnancy Test
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 07:01:43 PM »
I think Juliet is being held on the island to keep her quiet and about the pregnancy test causing pregnancy... I'm not sure how that would work, technically speaking...

Offline Jaique

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 07:05:25 PM »
That's such a damn crazy idea it just might be right.  Someone mentioned that these folks have been traced by whoever is running this whole show.  Maybe the pregnancy tests have some sort of homing device in them and whoever buys one gets spied on and that's why Claire, Kate were "put" on plane. I get nutsy after thinking too hard about this stuff.

I do believe that the O's have some sort of special abilities.  I believe that Doctor guy who wanted Juliet so bad planned that bus accident.  And did anyone else notice how different Ethan looked in the flashback where he was with the doc guy and Juliet?  Like he was puffed up or something?  Was he pregnant?  HA

Offline mainemary

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 07:25:14 PM »
I know a traditional pregnancy test couldn't impregnate someone, but what if this was an insert.  Yes, Ethan was definitely bloated.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 07:26:43 PM »
Quote from Claire: "I know how to pee on a stick"

I doubt that these are inserts. I had the bad luck of mentioning this possibility earlier ;D I don't see how it's possible, especially since KATE's test showed a negative.

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 08:04:39 PM »
I don't think the pregnancy test itself can make them prego because all you do is pee on it.  Remember the one Sun did?  I think she's on the island because of her investigative injections with her sister...

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 08:24:18 PM »
Plus, if someone was thinking maybe they impregnated Rachel during the blood test, she took the pregnancy test first.

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 11:13:04 PM »
I read somewhere on this site that the tests could be giving of false positives. And that is something that actually happens sometimes. I don't see how it would fit in here.

Ethan looked chubbier. Maybe the hair being longer and shaggier made his chipmunk cheeks look bigger?? Not sure.

My mind can't take many more questions...it's about to explode lol

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 11:52:49 PM »
I had considered the possibility of a false positive, but Sun is showing other symptoms.  :-\

Widmore brand pregnancy test could be part of the conspiracy OR simply "easter eggs."

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 06:50:37 AM »
That's true Jess.

I can't get my mind around all this crap. lol I mean, in my local area (and that is all I can say because I don't work for any particular company, just see what is on the shelves...) Fact Plus is the major seller here...so is "widmore" the top seller in all of their areas? Or is there something to their tests?? See, makes no sense why they'd show them if they weren't important. Unless they had us off on a wild goose chase  :-\

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 10:48:42 AM »
Could the pregnancy tests people are using from Widmore actually cause pregnancy and could the father be the BIG GUY? The Korean woman is pregnant after testing herself, as was Claire and as was Julietís sister. If every women on earth used the test when she thought she was pregnant then the world would be populated by thousands of sons of The Big GUY.  Is Juliet being held on the island to keep her quiet?
I'm sorry not trying to be mean, but how do you get pregnant from peeing on a stick, I don't follow? Plus sperm only lives about six days, plus thats allot of sperm to impregnate the world....someone is going to need lots of vitamins, and they will be very busy for awhile......?!?!?!?!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 11:01:37 AM by MaxsDad »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 01:21:40 PM »
This is an example of going crazy with speculation. The test made them pregnant :D :D

Plus Kate was not pregnant from the same test.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 03:17:36 PM »
That's true Jess.

I can't get my mind around all this crap. lol I mean, in my local area (and that is all I can say because I don't work for any particular company, just see what is on the shelves...) Fact Plus is the major seller here...so is "widmore" the top seller in all of their areas? Or is there something to their tests?? See, makes no sense why they'd show them if they weren't important. Unless they had us off on a wild goose chase  :-\
I think they use Widmore and Dharma to avoid using any other brand name... Notice everything on the island is Dharma and everything off island is Widmore.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 03:25:25 PM »
I'm sorry not trying to be mean, but how do you get pregnant from peeing on a stick, I don't follow? Plus sperm only lives about six days, plus thats allot of sperm to impregnate the world....someone is going to need lots of vitamins, and they will be very busy for awhile......?!?!?!?!
Hmmm....I'm still not sure I get your point here.  So, could you tell us more about how it may have happened?  Something in the water?  Is it airborne?   ;D

That's true Jess.

I think they use Widmore and Dharma to avoid using any other brand name... Notice everything on the island is Dharma and everything off island is Widmore.
While this may be part of it, they could come up with ANY generic fictional brand names, but they are specifically, purposefully choosing "Widmore." 

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 03:28:50 PM »
Hmmm....I'm still not sure I get your point here.  So, could you tell us more about how it may have happened?  Something in the water?  Is it airborne?   ;D

That's true Jess.

While this may be part of it, they could come up with ANY generic fictional brand names, but they are specifically, purposefully choosing "Widmore." 
You're right. I'm not sure if there is a big conspiracy or not, but this is the primary reason (I think) for using these brands.