Author Topic: Lip Reading  (Read 13930 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Lip Reading
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2007, 03:15:14 PM »
I think Juliette was putting doubt in Jacks mind about Ben's promises to him.

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2007, 05:08:24 PM »
Waiting for spooky to do the transcript on Lost-TV to see if any dialogue was actually written for Ben to say, but I'm glad you asked if anyrone read lips anyway, cuz I was going to ask about this too since we're all so interested in what Ben had to say to Juliet, and what is the "history" between them that Tom was talking about...

I'm still rying to find someone that speaks Korean to translate some of the stuff that Jin says that they don't add subtitles to...

My boyfriend is mostly deaf and uses lip reading and hearing aids to hear.  I will ask him to read what Ben said for me, I didn't even think about it til I read this post....  It is a very handy skill to have.....

Also, I have a friend who translates the untranslated Korean for me so if you ever have questions feel free to ask me..... 

It's really sad that I am so obsessed with this show that I seriously ask people to translate stuff for me all the time......  I act like it is life or death to know every single word......

Ooooh, I'm so excited! Thank, that would be awesome if your bf got some cool insight just from reading Ben's lips because the writers/producers gave us that scene for some reason...Be sure to let us know if there's anything remotely interesting coming from Ben's lip-reading scene... :)

Anyway, Nikki Stafford's book "Finding Lost:An Unofficial Guide" gives a few translations for some of the Spanish and Korean lines that weren't subtitled on the show, but thanks nevertheless...

Offline LOSTBamaGRL

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2007, 07:24:33 PM »
Just to update everyone, I asked him to check the scene out again (he didn't pick it up the first time because he was too busy reading the captions....).  But he is going to study it the first chance he gets and get back to me.  I expect to have something posted one way or another by Wednesday morning at the latest....  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is something interesting......

Offline ButchFitz

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2007, 07:29:11 PM »
Thank you very much, i'm looking forward to it. I'm just hoping all of this doesn't turn out to be a waste of time.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2007, 08:38:40 PM »
Thank you very much, i'm looking forward to it. I'm just hoping all of this doesn't turn out to be a waste of time.
Same here... thank him a ton from all of us!

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2007, 04:16:35 AM »
Yes, do thank him.  And thank you, BamaGirl.  Meanwhile, I gave it my best shot and I think Ben is telling Juliet that maybe she should help them (Kate, Sawyer.)  I hope your bf doesn't have to stand on his head to read Ben's upside-down lips!  I did and all the blood rushed to my head!  I should have just held a mirror under the screen and looked at that!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2007, 09:46:46 AM »
that must of been some scene, you on your head trying to read lips. :)

Offline uofapiglet

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2007, 08:18:52 PM »
You're too funny SOL! :D

Offline LOSTBamaGRL

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2007, 08:30:34 PM »
Yes, do thank him.  And thank you, BamaGirl.  Meanwhile, I gave it my best shot and I think Ben is telling Juliet that maybe she should help them (Kate, Sawyer.)  I hope your bf doesn't have to stand on his head to read Ben's upside-down lips!  I did and all the blood rushed to my head!  I should have just held a mirror under the screen and looked at that!

I'm still waiting on a verdict from him.....He has promised to do it tonight.  I downloaded the episode from my tivo to my laptop and then watched the scene while holding my computer upside down to save me from the blood rush....  I've started to pick up lip reading from him a bit....  I make out the word boat in the first segment and the second segment "help them".  I will let you know as I know more.... 

Offline LOSTBamaGRL

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2007, 04:37:28 PM »
Unfotunately, all he says is, "I want you to help them [with or to] my boat. I want you to help them, Juliet, help them." 

I was hoping for something more drastic, but at least it doesn't rule out the fact that Juliet could not be telling Jack the truth or the whole truth. 

I think if he had HDTV he would be able to read Ben's lips in the mirrored reflection part of the scene as well, but for regular tv its just to small and to clear to make out.....:(

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2007, 04:40:55 PM »
Unfotunately, all he says is, "I want you to help them [with or to] my boat. I want you to help them, Juliet, help them." 

I was hoping for something more drastic, but at least it doesn't rule out the fact that Juliet could not be telling Jack the truth or the whole truth. 

I think if he had HDTV he would be able to read Ben's lips in the mirrored reflection part of the scene as well, but for regular tv its just to small and to clear to make out.....:(
Thanks anyways!!! Someone chip in a few hundred dollars for HDTV for Bama's boy!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2007, 04:45:30 PM »
So she was telling the truth on Ben telling her to help them. We just don't know what leverage he used, off the island or something else.

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2007, 05:35:49 PM »
Play the scene backwards, the Lost producers seem to like hidden messages back-to-front atm. :D

Offline ButchFitz

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2007, 08:52:30 PM »
At least we found out that the boat belongs to Ben!

Offline LOSTBamaGRL

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2007, 12:09:17 AM »
At least we found out that the boat belongs to Ben!

Well when Ben said that to Juliet she didn't know they were with Alex....so I think they ended up using Alex's boat not the one Ben had told her to use....I think??