Author Topic: mittelos.com  (Read 2962 times)

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
mittelos.com
« on: February 08, 2007, 02:13:14 AM »
This is a hoax site.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 02:23:50 AM by sledgeweb »

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: mittelos.com
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 02:13:46 AM »
This will be moved later, but I did check, and there is a site up for Mittelos Bio Sciences at mittelos.com

I just now loaded the page, so I haven't really looked at it to see if it is legit or not. It's up pretty quick if it is a fan job.
It's real. I was on it the second it popped up. 

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 02:16:54 AM »
Probably a fan site, I'm wondering if it will redirect to mittelosbioscience.org (this was a fansite, confirmed now by Gregg Nations... but we had a hell of a time refuting it, because it is sophisticated, and based on spoilers from a limited sneak preview shown of the episode in January).

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 02:18:46 AM »
Probably a fan site, I'm wondering if it will redirect to mittelosbioscience.org (this was a fansite, confirmed now by Gregg Nations... but we had a hell of a time refuting it, because it is sophisticated, and based on spoilers from a limited sneak preview shown of the episode in January).
WHOA, that mittelosbioscience.org site is fake? That's incredible. It wasn't working until about 2 minutes after the name was revealed during the episode.  And it's interface is very similar to Hansofoundation.org. Someone put A LOT of work into that and did a helluva job to sinc it up with the broadcast. Amazing.

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 02:20:35 AM »
I got "service unavailable" when I tried to go there.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 02:21:30 AM »
Just click refresh and click it agian.

That is a really good fake.

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 02:22:16 AM »
Yeah, after revisiting the site, I'd have to say it is fan made. Doesn't come near the quality of a professional site.

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 02:24:43 AM »
Yeah, after revisiting the site, I'd have to say it is fan made. Doesn't come near the quality of a professional site.
Are you sure a fan would have had enough info to know about Juliet, her husband, the fact that Ethan worked there, the name of the recruiter guy, etc?  All from a limited sneak preview?

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 02:28:31 AM »
Limited sneak preview means that they saw the episode, but only a limited number of people.

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 02:40:30 AM »
Are you sure a fan would have had enough info to know about Juliet, her husband, the fact that Ethan worked there, the name of the recruiter guy, etc?  All from a limited sneak preview?

Yeah.  If you check the Dark UFO link, someone else talks about having seen the same release, and confirmed yesterday that Mittelos, Juliet's last name, Rachel and the other stuff were all known in January, but only to certain people.  This was someone unassociated with the website, but said that there were spoilers from it from tonight's episode.  It is confusing, but I think the Gregg Nations quote is pretty definitive.