Author Topic: Adam and eve anagram  (Read 14312 times)

Offline Kimbagrl

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Adam and eve anagram
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 05:28:15 PM »
I posted this some place else, but I think they took the children to study their aging process and any genetic changes that may take place just being on the island so they can locate the chromosome or whatever that is creating the aging issues...
Hey, this was kinda brought up a little last season. More about Ethan; how he seemed childish.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 05:42:32 PM »
Maybe that was the "incident", and it caused the rapid time accelleration.  Pressing the button keeps time from moving fast, but when the hatch imploded, the Others had to get off of that island because they knew they would start aging.

If Aaron starts to grow quickly, or if Sun looks very pregnant, that would be a sign.
This looks like pushing too hard... The seashore being a border of this effect is very unlikely; the others are just 2 miles away from there, Besides they took off from the mainland probably just after exchanging Kate by the guns. Long before Michael was captured they were stopping to use the usual trails, that Tom forbid the survivors to get close.

Anyway, after episode 7 I am starting to believe the secrets the others keep about what is really happening in these stations are more a conditioned behavior than a need of the outpost.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 06:27:00 PM »
Thanks LFTS, I have stopped promoting the time manipulation idea, but It may still be around.

I actually like the Time Lost better. Is TIme lost on the island. Now Juliette does not seem to have aged much in the last 3 years. But it means something and it is related to Adam and eve.
I kinda thought it looked like Juliet aged a lot, actually... and that Ethan got younger-looking ???

Offline jkbeaulieu

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »
???

Keep with the "Time Lost" of "Lost Time" anagram theory.  The young man guarding the brainwashing funhouse was reading Stephen Hawking's, "A Brief History of Time".  There is definitely something there.

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 08:33:53 PM »
I agree that "A Brief History of Time" is a large clue.  I haven't read it...1) because I'm not that smart and 2) I spend too much time on this site to read a real book.

I do know that Stephen Hawking is one of the most brilliant people in our time. 

Wasn't "A Wrinkle in Time" also being read in a previous season?

I like the idea of Time being Lost on the island...or that is is a Lost time...some warp or something alternate time.  I can't come up with a good way to explain what I'm thinking...

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 10:28:41 PM »
It's not actually a hard book to get through... well, you have to have a little bit of interest in science, but you don't have to have any prior knowledge in astrophysics, and he avoids using technical jargon.  I thought it was a lot of fun to read, since it's not my field. One of my favorite nonfictions of all time.

Yeah I think it is a clue, but the whole thing confuses me, because they have also said "no time travel"... but then, they had those weird comments at Comic Con and now this.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 10:44:34 PM »
Well, technically this isn't time TRAVEL... more like time WARPING...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 10:49:57 PM »
It's not actually a hard book to get through... well, you have to have a little bit of interest in science, but you don't have to have any prior knowledge in astrophysics, and he avoids using technical jargon.  I thought it was a lot of fun to read, since it's not my field. One of my favorite nonfictions of all time.

Yeah I think it is a clue, but the whole thing confuses me, because they have also said "no time travel"... but then, they had those weird comments at Comic Con and now this.
Can you give a summary or the just of the book and what it would have to do with lost?

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 11:03:15 PM »
Dang, I didn't see these posts...I just started a thread with this book in there. SORRY>>>>Pandy you can move it in here if ya want.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 11:06:51 PM »
What is the meaning or significance of the two skeletons that Jack and Kate found in the cave of season 1?
CUSE: The answer to that question goes to the nature of the timeline of the island. We don't want to say too much about it, but there are a couple Easter eggs embedded in [the Feb. 7 episode], one of which is an anagram that actually sheds some light on the skeletons and hints at a larger mythological mystery that will start to unfold later in the season.

Sledge found Mittlelos anagrams to Lost time. Is this refering to the idea that time is different on the island?

Hey juggy, what's the source of that quote? 

I just want it as a reference, I don't doubt it for a second, since they said something similar a few times.

It was Carlton Cuse answering a question from Jeff Jensen at ew.com

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 11:11:44 PM »
Dang, I didn't see these posts...I just started a thread with this book in there. SORRY>>>>Pandy you can move it in here if ya want.
I think that your thread is better for this discussion anyways, Chelly ;D

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2007, 12:44:25 AM »
Just a thought... but perhaps they aren't talking about time as in minutes or hours but how people age... the 20 year old with the 70 year old looking womb...

Hahaha a good excuse for Walt's puberty.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2007, 03:27:34 AM »
About the diagnostics Juliette did, I see everyone supposing it's a unwanted mass effect in the island, rather than a sole case, where a induced experiment went wrong. Could be only one, two or three people with that aging, after an aimed manipulation, instead a environmental effect over an entire population.

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007, 09:03:38 AM »
So, if there is something that affects aging, do they need the innoculations???

Remember Des' famous line about how he took those shots for a long time, but "nothing happened" to him.  Maybe he was more right than he knew.  Maybe he somehow avoided the affects of accellerated aging.

Offline stillhaventfound

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 12:02:54 PM »
I have two theories that may fit with this, but they don't go together:

1) What if the two islands or two ends of the main island have different properties, sort of like the poles of a magnet?  What if the main island where the hatch and losties are has healing abilities, and what if another part of the island or the other island cause people to age quickly?

2) (I like this one better) What if the only real mysterious property of the island is that it speeds up time and/or the aging process?  This would explain Locke's healing so quickly - it would have healed anyway, just slower.  I've been assuming that is because of the healing properties of the island, but perhaps not.  It doesn't explain Rose's cancer going away, but maybe it hasn't or maybe she was actually getting better already and it was sped up by the island.  To take this a step further, maybe there is a place that the Hanso Foundation is involved with also where time/aging is slowed down.  I remember in TLE there was something about Alvar Hanso being much older than he looks.  I'm really liking this theory, the more I think about it... perhaps the time speed up/slow down thing is the property that allows them to do all kinds of other experiments.  More to come.