Author Topic: The Others kidnapped Juliet to solve their fertility problem  (Read 4160 times)

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
The Others kidnapped Juliet to solve their fertility problem
« on: February 08, 2007, 12:40:31 AM »
It was made more obvious in this episode that Ethan and his associate tricked Juliet into coming to the island (Portland) in order to work on their fertility problems. The Dr. showed Juliet an image, which she guessed was the womb of a 70 year old, but it was the womb of a 20 year old. Something is happening on the island which destroys the wombs - and Julie is being brought in to find out why. Looks like she hasn't been very successful though. We'll have to see how this ties into the abduction of kids...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: The Others kidnapped Juliet to solve their fertility problem
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 12:43:06 AM »
I agree with this sledge, she was fooled to go there and now is not allowed to go home. They definetly have a problem with fertility on the island. She was there to save the day.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 12:46:08 AM »
It was made more obvious in this episode that Ethan and his associate tricked Juliet into coming to the island (Portland) in order to work on their fertility problems. The Dr. showed Juliet an image, which she guessed was the womb of a 70 year old, but it was the womb of a 20 year old. Something is happening on the island which destroys the wombs - and Julie is being brought in to find out why. Looks like she hasn't been very successful though. We'll have to see how this ties into the abduction of kids...
Maybe instead of not being ABLE to find out, she tried at first, got stuck temporarily, wanted to go home, wasn't allowed, and then basically gave up (while still pretending to work hard on it) until someone would let her back home. I think she's going to finish her job.

mindsparkle

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 01:29:15 AM »
I think people that go all the way to actualizing a woman's wish for her ex-husband to get hit by a bus, know about her treating her sister secretly are seriously not going to suddenly start telling the truth or make promises or be trustworthy in any way... they wanted Juliet and they got her... why would they let her go, she might tell the world their secrets, can't take that risk...

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 01:31:23 AM »
Especially if one of the purposes is to wipe out a large percentage of the global population (TLE)

Anyways, I don't think she was kidnapped, but rather went freely, but was later held against her will...

mindsparkle

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 01:37:58 AM »
I agree, JBRam, she went willingly but is now captive

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 01:52:12 AM »
Alright, these thoughts are sort of out there, but I'm voicing them.  So, perhaps when they abducted Claire, they injected her because there would be a possibility of her not being able to carry the baby to term.  Maybe her womb would have aged, if you will, in that time period.

Or something.

So, now I'm wondering how this relates to Sun's pregnancy.  Will she be able to carry the baby full term without help while on the island?  Is it possible that somehow the others had a hand in her pregnancy?

Or, were the X-rays just ploys to try and entice Juliet to going to "Portland?"

mindsparkle

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 01:59:10 AM »
I think you're on to something and I wondered the same thing about Sun... will her fetus age as well as the womb... perhaps, the aging process is not just internal but encompasses all aspects of aging... on the other hand, if the aging only affects the womb, or the internal organs of the island inhabitants... Sun will definitely need support in order to carry her baby to term.

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 02:03:20 AM »
mindsparkle, isn't that sort of a creepy thought that the baby could age faster in the womb!  Anyone want to deliver a toddler?

...but yeah, that's essentially what I'm saying.

Boo to time travel, but maybe it's faster aging!

mindsparkle

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 02:06:18 AM »
delivering a toddler struck me as really funny... but you're right it is creepy and it can play out that Sun can't carry the baby or that she'll deliver within a matter of a couple of months... it'll be interesting to see how fast her pregnancy progresses, she isn't showing last we saw her...

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 02:09:26 AM »
My guess is that the baby would abort itself if the womb too quickly, which is why they wanted Juliet for the research.  I mean I can't really apply science to this, but it seems logical, given our hypotheses.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 04:05:37 AM »
I think Mindsparkle said this, but I don't think she went there willingly, she knew they could do whatever they please.  She just went into survival mode...do whatever it takes to survive.  I love they layers they are making for Juliet.  The transformation from fragile/insecure to strong/confident.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 10:15:35 AM »
Claire would not of been a problem on the island because she was already full term when she crashed. She was safe to have the baby at anytime.

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 11:51:23 AM »
I wonder if the aged womb could be a side effect of the serum that they use (what Desmond was taking down in the Hatch) And they needed her to find away to solve this problem.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 11:56:38 AM »
So the guys are taking a syrum so their wombs don't age?? This is a scerwed up island.