Author Topic: The Others kidnapped Juliet to solve their fertility problem  (Read 4051 times)

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: The Others kidnapped Juliet to solve their fertility problem
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 12:12:48 PM »
She impregnated a male mouse, maybe she should try working on the men :D

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 12:22:59 PM »
Just how do you impregnate a male anything?
Does a male have a womb?

Maybe they lied to Jules about the womb to get her interested
Maybe in fact it was an older woman's womb but told her that to get her attention for research.

Maybe it was  Ben's aging womb! (ok J/K on that one)

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 12:56:45 PM »
Debbie, didn't you see twins? ;) ::) ;D

Male Mouse didn't carry to term, so she obviously had some work to do.  Also, from the looks of that needle she used on her sister it didn't look long enough to get in her uterus, but I'm not a doctor so what do I know?

mindsparkle

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 02:05:26 PM »
Just a thought, a uterus is soft tissue and soft tissue can't show age on an x-ray, however, the bones can, so maybe it wasn't that the uterus was so old but that it was the uterus in a skeleton of a 70 year old woman that is actually 26... premature aging

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 02:07:32 PM »
You're real big on this premature aging!  I just don't know enough about it and haven't been shown enough on the show.  Were they actually xrays or some other form of imaging?

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 03:34:04 PM »
I thought the Ah-nold movie where he was pregnant was Junior?

N-E-Way, I agree with some of you that Juliet was hesistant to work for Mittelos and it was interesting to see how her deameanor has changed especially after being on the island for three plus years.

The line that I remember her saying from last night's epi was, "I'm not a leader, I'm a mess!" It reminded me so much of when Jack said he didn't want to be the leader of the survivors and yet Locke tells him that the Losties made him the leader regardless of how he felt about it.

And that's what I really think happened to Juliet here in this case, she was approached immediately after her ex-husband's death and yet she somehow ended up on the island became a harda$$ and assumed a leadership position alongside, if not almost as powerful as, Ben. Given the circumstances, I'm not exactly sure what Ben and Juliet's HISTORY was, but she seemed forced into taking the job that somehow made her an authoritative figure among her people. She arrived on the island on the premise of being a genious fertility expert and now she is no longer needed. So my question is, did she solve the fertility problem or not?

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 03:54:02 PM »
OH!  hehe you're right ofcourse and I was wrong ;D

Offline joe

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 04:37:48 PM »
Could Juliet's experiments have anything to do with Sun's pregnancy?

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 05:09:33 PM »
So the guys are taking a serum so their wombs don't age?? This is a scerwed up island.
No I mean what if they came up with some kind of wonder drug, to heighten there senses, and one of the side effects were infertility?

Or maybe the island anomaly is causing them problems.  Whatever it is they obviously need Juliette to help solve it, there not going to let her go, or Jack for that matter.

Now if there all actually clones!....  (sorry couldn't resist)   ;D

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 06:19:43 PM »
Debbie, didn't you see twins? ;) ::) ;D

Male Mouse didn't carry to term, so she obviously had some work to do.  Also, from the looks of that needle she used on her sister it didn't look long enough to get in her uterus, but I'm not a doctor so what do I know?
Juliet didn't allow Mr. Mouse to carry to term. She said "of course, we didn't carry to term." Think about the logistics of a male anything carrying a baby to birth... It would probably kill the mother... errr father... or um... well...

I think you're on to something and I wondered the same thing about Sun... will her fetus age as well as the womb... perhaps, the aging process is not just internal but encompasses all aspects of aging... on the other hand, if the aging only affects the womb, or the internal organs of the island inhabitants... Sun will definitely need support in order to carry her baby to term.
Maybe TPTB wll be using this same type of thing to explain why Walt is so much older. I don't think that it effects everyone tho, just like not everyone is healed on the island... Different energies affect different people. The ones with the gifts (Rose and Locke) were healed, but the ones without gifts (Ben) were not healed. This would show why Walt would grow because he has "gifts" ...

Am I making any sense at all? ;D

Could Juliet's experiments have anything to do with Sun's pregnancy?
I doubt it, as Sun never came to America. The closest she got was Sydney. She never set foot in America, so she most likely would never have run into Juliet unless Jules went to South Korea.

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 08:50:03 PM »
Just a thought, a uterus is soft tissue and soft tissue can't show age on an x-ray, however, the bones can, so maybe it wasn't that the uterus was so old but that it was the uterus in a skeleton of a 70 year old woman that is actually 26... premature aging

Actually - you can have the uterus and fallopian tubes show up on x-ray.  It is a procedure called "hysterosalpingography" where a dye is injected into the uterus.  This type of procedure is used to detect abnormalities, blockage, deformities or scarring in the fallopian tubes and or uterus that might be preventing someone from getting pregnant.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 08:54:22 PM »
And maybe it all has to do with why they put Sawyer and Kate together
Maybe they are the next step in the process (whatever it may be) meaning that Kate may now turn up preggers and just maybe she was injected with something to further help them with their research? dunno...

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 08:55:04 PM »
I dunno... I think we're looking into it too much again... but we'll see.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2007, 12:04:37 AM »
JB, I'm pretty sure that she said he didn't carry to term as in it wasn't a successful justation.

Offline versed4every1

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2007, 02:06:17 PM »

Actually - you can have the uterus and fallopian tubes show up on x-ray.  It is a procedure called "hysterosalpingography" where a dye is injected into the uterus.  This type of procedure is used to detect abnormalities, blockage, deformities or scarring in the fallopian tubes and or uterus that might be preventing someone from getting pregnant.

Actually, what you were seeing were Cat Scan Images (possibly MRI, but I doubt it) which can show the depth of an endometrium - or the lining of the uterus which thins considerably after menopause.  Juliet said that the age of "somewhere in her 70s" was based on "the decompostion of the endometrium."