Author Topic: We Both Know Your Father  (Read 18257 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
We Both Know Your Father
« on: February 08, 2007, 12:34:01 AM »
Two things:

One: BEN IS ALEX'S DAD?!?!?!

I'm guessing that he just took her in and that she isn't really his biological child. What do you think?

Two: Juliet said that if Alex left that Ben would kill Carl. Any insight into this?

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: We Both Know Your Father
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 12:36:47 AM »
I just assumed that he played Dad so that there wouldnt be any questions. Make it easier to keep in line.

Carl seems to be dating the wrong girl... he was in a cage, then in a brain washing room, and now if his gf leaves with him, he dies... time to start dating outside the hatch...

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 12:39:39 AM »
You know that won't work. Long distance relations never last ;D

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 12:44:53 AM »
This really didnt make alot of since to me because he got on the boat with Kate and Sawyer so if she went to then how would Ben kill him??????

Offline jillybean4u

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 12:46:02 AM »
Here's a question i have about Ben & Alex. And well Danielle, too.  Do we know what Danielle's husband's name was.  He was on the boat with her right?  Danielle said something about the sickness or whatever took them.  Did she actually have proof they died?  Could Ben be her husband?

Probably a long shot, but that's the first thing I thought of.

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 12:49:49 AM »
well, she cut him out of the net w/ Sayid, so I doubt he's the husband...

I think she did the say the husand was w/ the science team and that she killed him... not positive on that, but for some reason that was what I remembered.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 12:51:17 AM »
I'm curious about that too, Jilly... I don't believe that's true, because I think that Ben's been on the island a very long time (if he's trustworthy, he's been on the island his whole life).

This really didnt make alot of since to me because he got on the boat with Kate and Sawyer so if she went to then how would Ben kill him??????
I bet that Ben could find Carl on the Island, no problem. Remember, Ben has the sailboat, so he can travel between the two islands easily. Plus they have the sub.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 12:52:12 AM »
well, she cut him out of the net w/ Sayid, so I doubt he's the husband...

I think she did the say the husand was w/ the science team and that she killed him... not positive on that, but for some reason that was what I remembered.
She didn't trust Ben at all. She said he was one of the OTHERs. Sounds like either a paranoid lady or an ex.... ;D

Offline firemanandlostfan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 12:52:47 AM »
I wondered that exact thing jillybean4u, makes me want to go back and watch that episode where she was talking about it.  My guess is he could have been her husband and Alex's real dad.  Hense the desire to take Rousseau's baby because it was his own flesh and blood.  

Think about this though, remember Rousseau put an arrow in Ben after he got out of the net.  There didnt seem to be a surprised look on either of their faces when they saw each other.

Offline musicotb

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 12:53:02 AM »
IF Ben is Alex's biological father, and Rousseau is her biological mother, then Ben & Rousseau were hooked up in some way about 16 years ago... definitely interesting...
...and if he adopted her... Ben as a father?  even more interesting...

Offline musicotb

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 12:55:51 AM »
I wondered that exact thing jillybean4u, makes me want to go back and watch that episode where she was talking about it.  My guess is he could have been her husband and Alex's real dad.  Hense the desire to take Rousseau's baby because it was his own flesh and blood.  

Think about this though, remember Rousseau put an arrow in Ben after he got out of the net.  There didnt seem to be a surprised look on either of their faces when they saw each other.

How can we be sure that Rousseau hasn't been an Other the whole time, and stationed on the island to interact sincerely with our islanders?

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 12:56:07 AM »
JB,

What kinda crazy girls have you dated?!  :P

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 12:57:40 AM »
I wondered that exact thing jillybean4u, makes me want to go back and watch that episode where she was talking about it.  My guess is he could have been her husband and Alex's real dad.  Hense the desire to take Rousseau's baby because it was his own flesh and blood. 

Think about this though, remember Rousseau put an arrow in Ben after he got out of the net.  There didnt seem to be a surprised look on either of their faces when they saw each other.
Ben had been hanging around in the net for a while before Sayid cut him down. Also, I'm pretty sure that Danielle and Ben would know who each other were. If not, then Ben would know who Danielle was, and Danielle would have not been too surprised to catch another person in her nets.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 12:58:31 AM »
JB,

What kinda crazy girls have you dated?!  :P
Just one ;D my fiancee.

I wondered that exact thing jillybean4u, makes me want to go back and watch that episode where she was talking about it.  My guess is he could have been her husband and Alex's real dad.  Hense the desire to take Rousseau's baby because it was his own flesh and blood. 

Think about this though, remember Rousseau put an arrow in Ben after he got out of the net.  There didnt seem to be a surprised look on either of their faces when they saw each other.

How can we be sure that Rousseau hasn't been an Other the whole time, and stationed on the island to interact sincerely with our islanders?
Do you call torturing Sayid and stealing Aaron "acting sincerely"?

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 12:59:45 AM »
i doubt Danielle is an other... she had her hands on Aaron and was later tracked down... Aaron seemed to be all the Others wanted for a while, and could have had it.

Plus she helped Claire escape when she was pregnant... if they turned her into an Other, they would have to explain why she didnt just keep claire/aaron