Author Topic: We Both Know Your Father  (Read 18283 times)

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: We Both Know Your Father
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2007, 06:34:30 PM »
Ben did not have Alex with Danielle. No evidence of this and everything we know contracdicts this. Either Ben is a surrogate father, or Alex is not Danielles.

How does everything we know contradict this? Alex's name is still Alex. That means Ben didn't just steal Alex from Danielle. As far as I know, Ben knocked her up. It sure seemed to me that he's the real father and until they say so otherwise, all signs point that way to me.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2007, 06:38:25 PM »
Ben did not have Alex with Danielle. No evidence of this and everything we know contracdicts this. Either Ben is a surrogate father, or Alex is not Danielles.

Well, what we know states this:

Danielle was already pregnant before she arrived on the island.

Danielle has been on the island for over 16 years, thus Alex is 16 years old.

Alex is Danielle's child.

Ben has been on the island his whole life.

Danielle had a husband, whom she killed.

The evidence we have seems to contradict the thought that Alex is Ben's child as well. I don't think it rules it out, but makes it extremely improbable.

How does everything we know contradict this? Alex's name is still Alex. That means Ben didn't just steal Alex from Danielle. As far as I know, Ben knocked her up. It sure seemed to me that he's the real father and until they say so otherwise, all signs point that way to me.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2007, 02:08:24 AM »

You could not be more off base with this post. What JB said above are the facts. Other than having people call him dad to Alex, every piece of evidence points to Ben not being her biological father.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2007, 02:15:26 AM »
my question then is this...why would they not change her name to further conceal the truth?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2007, 02:17:33 AM »
No answer to that question. That is why I am saying it is a different Alex(I don't think so) or he is her surrogate father. No way he mated with Danielle

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2007, 02:19:23 AM »
No answer to that question. That is why I am saying it is a different Alex(I don't think so) or he is her surrogate father. No way he mated with Danielle
I agree.  Another question that I think relates to this issue, though.....Danielle told Sayid that she had never seen "others" on the island.  Why then was she so confident that Ben was "one of them" when she caught him in her net?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2007, 10:37:06 AM »
I think Danielle lies a lot. I'm not sure why, but she does.

Offline firemanandlostfan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2007, 11:18:07 AM »
Could you imagine if Danielle actually is teaming up with Ben.  Lets look at the evidence.  Ben just "happens" to get caught in her net, I find this kind of fishy, although Danielle did try to refute his story of being Henry Gale by saying he would lie for a long time.  When he was running away why did she not put an arrow into his heart instead of his shoulder which wasnt life threatening?  A bad shot or by design to make them take him to the hatch for treatment and recon of what is going on in the "Losties" community.  Ben is good at promises, maybe he told Danielle that he knew where Alex was and would get her, her daughter back if she helped him.  that wouldnt be far from the norm would it?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2007, 11:26:36 AM »
She didn't want to kill him because she wanted them to get some answers. Maybe she thought he would tell them where Alex is, but a dead man can't do that. She trusts Sayid as much as she trusts anyone else on the island, so that's why she let Sayid take him back.

I really don't believe that Alex and Ben are teamed up in any fashion.

Offline firemanandlostfan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2007, 11:31:43 AM »
She didn't want to kill him because she wanted them to get some answers. Maybe she thought he would tell them where Alex is, but a dead man can't do that. She trusts Sayid as much as she trusts anyone else on the island, so that's why she let Sayid take him back.

I really don't believe that Alex and Ben are teamed up in any fashion.

Would make for an interesting twist though right?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2007, 11:32:43 AM »
Yeah I suppose... I just don't see it happening. If they were a team, then Danielle would have Alex.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2007, 02:32:14 PM »
Could you imagine if Danielle actually is teaming up with Ben.  Lets look at the evidence.  Ben just "happens" to get caught in her net, I find this kind of fishy, although Danielle did try to refute his story of being Henry Gale by saying he would lie for a long time.  When he was running away why did she not put an arrow into his heart instead of his shoulder which wasnt life threatening?  A bad shot or by design to make them take him to the hatch for treatment and recon of what is going on in the "Losties" community.  Ben is good at promises, maybe he told Danielle that he knew where Alex was and would get her, her daughter back if she helped him.  that wouldnt be far from the norm would it?
I would not be one bit surprised if it turned out this way...but I would be dissapointed because even though she is nut job I still like her because I think she is NOT with the others and looking out for the interest of our Losties

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2007, 02:38:11 PM »

I also think you are way off here
There is nothing at all that supports that Ben could have knocked her up, if it is pure speculation, then I suppose anything is possible.  You say "it sure seems to me that Ben is the real father" how did you come to that conclusion?  As far as we have seen so far we are not even sure that it is Ben they are referring to when they talk about her father (we are all just assuming at this point).  But if Ben is the one they are referring too I really doubt that he is her biological father.

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2007, 04:49:25 PM »
I agree with Lostgirl.  TPTB have deliberately used words and phrases that keep us guessing about who Alex's "Father" is.

Why would Jules or Alex fear a man who is face-down unconscious right now?

My guess is that Alex's "Father" is on the main Island, not Pala.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2007, 05:47:08 PM »
I don't think Ben is Alex's biological dad.

I do wonder about the day he was caught in a net by Danielle though, I always thought it was a bit fishy (no pun intended ;D) because he is soooooo important to the others yet he was the one that went to suss out the losties. This may have been his own choice but still a risky one with 'leader'. I believe Danielle has had some sort of contact with the others in the past - she said she had never seen them but she had heard the whispers - maybe she struck a deal with Ben that day, maybe she would get Alex back if Ben was saved and so helped him to get closer to them, and get Ben his spinal surgeon. I think everything Danielle said to the losties up to that point was genuine.

I also wonder if Alex has ever seen Danielle, she has been on the island before and she had a boat so could go back whenever she wanted. She seems quite normal too so if she saw someone else on the island maybe she would try to speak to them - if she wanted to.

I'm still pondering on Carl - I don't think he is Alex's brother because Danielle would remember having another baby and I think if he was Ben's son (ciurtesy of Juliettes magic potion) Ben would care about him a bit more - I'll have to think about Carl a bit more...