Author Topic: We Both Know Your Father  (Read 14991 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: We Both Know Your Father
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 01:14:59 PM »
So who is Carl's parents, real or adoptative? How did he get to the island? Hopefully carl can give some answers now that he is with the losties.

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 01:22:36 PM »
I agree with Juggy and Rick and everybody about Ben being her surrogate father
But one thing did cross my mind when I saw what they did to Carl

What if they did something similar (brainwashing) to Danielle and that is why she is a whack job.  Not sure if it would make a difference or anything but it did cross my mind and it could explain why she is the way she is.  Maybe they told her to tell that story or something....not sure but I would be interested to find out just how Ben became Alex's father and how she was taken from Rousseau etc..  (what REALLY happend)  Its about time we get a Danielle Rousseau flashback...long overdue

I agree Debs, and a good speculation, maybe they did do something to her head! And yes lets see a Danielle flashback!

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2007, 04:23:05 PM »
I agree with most of you in that Ben is most-likely Alex's surrogate or adoptive father. That is unless Juliet is referring to another guy that is sleeping or somehow not awake. I still think it's probably Ben though.

I'm not sure if Alex identifies herself as Ben's actual biological daughter or if she knows that she's adopted or has a crazy French chick running around on the other island for a mom... but one thing is for sure, even though she rescued Carl and helped Sawyer & Kate escape, she chose to stay on Alcatraz and go back with Juliet - which means she cares about Carl, and rebels (like most teenagers) but proabaly respects her supposed dad's wishes. Last year, she fought just to say "I want to speak to my father" and even manipulated Aldo the guard, so obviously she is aware of his power and status in their community, and how her relationship to him can be used to her advantage.

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2007, 04:50:39 PM »
I agree with Mindsparkle.  Ben has been her surragate father since they captured her.  It really has been 16 years.  To me, Alex looks older than 16.

That's not what mindsparkle said.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2007, 05:21:22 PM »
Nah, for me Danielle turned into a luné by the loneliness, the 16 years might be a miscalculation, since it's based solely on the radio message, and Ben is f*ing son of b*, that adopted Alex instead using her in experiments, with other children, that Walt hinted us are in the others facilities. Waldo (LOL) was guarding a complex with at least 27 rooms. Who knows what is behind the rest of doors?
Thinking about that, the obsessive protecting behavior of their facilities, makes sense if the others are protecting their children.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2007, 06:24:39 PM »
I agree with Mindsparkle.  Ben has been her surragate father since they captured her.  It really has been 16 years.  To me, Alex looks older than 16.

That's not what mindsparkle said.
The actress for Alex is 18 years old (almost 19 now). When the series started (or when we first saw her), she would have been 16.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2007, 12:44:36 PM »
I wondered that exact thing jillybean4u, makes me want to go back and watch that episode where she was talking about it.  My guess is he could have been her husband and Alex's real dad.  Hense the desire to take Rousseau's baby because it was his own flesh and blood. 

Think about this though, remember Rousseau put an arrow in Ben after he got out of the net.  There didnt seem to be a surprised look on either of their faces when they saw each other.
Ben had been hanging around in the net for a while before Sayid cut him down. Also, I'm pretty sure that Danielle and Ben would know who each other were. If not, then Ben would know who Danielle was, and Danielle would have not been too surprised to catch another person in her nets.
IF danielle knew ben:

1.  she would have asked for alex.  she's been looking for her daughter like crazy, why would she put an arrow in him without asking about alex?

2.  one of them would have acknowledged the other.  (unless they are working together, which is another story)

i had another one, but someone came in and i forgot.  maybe i'll remember it later.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2007, 01:24:08 PM »
Ben did not have Alex with Danielle. No evidence of this and everything we know contracdicts this. Either Ben is a surrogate father, or Alex is not Danielles.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2007, 01:49:11 PM »
Ben did not have Alex with Danielle. No evidence of this and everything we know contracdicts this. Either Ben is a surrogate father, or Alex is not Danielles.

i agree with you jugdish.  i wonder who karl's parents are.  don't you find it odd that we don't know that yet?  i mean i suppose he was born on the island, which would mean either he's an other's, or was stollen, so where did he come from?

Offline Kosmetas

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2007, 04:59:29 PM »
i agree with you jugdish.  i wonder who karl's parents are.  don't you find it odd that we don't know that yet?  i mean i suppose he was born on the island, which would mean either he's an other's, or was stollen, so where did he come from?
This brings up a point that has bothered me from the very begining, where are all the kids?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2007, 05:40:42 PM »
This brings up a point that has bothered me from the very begining, where are all the kids?
Re: Kos

I think that the Others sent most of them back. I could be completely wrong.

Re: LB

I'm very curious to find out about this too. Who is Carl and where did he come from? It seems like he's almost Alex's age, or a little older. Was he in Rousseau's team as well? Is he (dare I say it) Alex's twin, and this is why they are supposed to be kept apart?

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2007, 05:58:33 PM »

I'm very curious to find out about this too. Who is Carl and where did he come from? It seems like he's almost Alex's age, or a little older. Was he in Rousseau's team as well? Is he (dare I say it) Alex's twin, and this is why they are supposed to be kept apart?
i don't think he's her twin.  let me re-phrase that, i don't think danielle gave birth to a son without her knowledge.  now if we get down to this cloning/making babies with no daddies/making babies with no mommies/freaky stuff i don't know who karl is.  i guess he could be alex's brother.  that's kind of the impression i get because they want them apart so bad.  if the others are so intent on having kids and stealing kids why would they keep alex & karl from procreating? 

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2007, 06:04:23 PM »

i don't think he's her twin.  let me re-phrase that, i don't think danielle gave birth to a son without her knowledge.  now if we get down to this cloning/making babies with no daddies/making babies with no mommies/freaky stuff i don't know who karl is.  i guess he could be alex's brother.  that's kind of the impression i get because they want them apart so bad.  if the others are so intent on having kids and stealing kids why would they keep alex & karl from procreating? 
Maybe Danielle does know about it, but doesn't care about Carl as much as she wants Alex ???

Ok, I'm going crazy over that ;D I don't think they are twins either, but I could see it play out.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2007, 06:19:35 PM »

Ummmm JB sent them back to where?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2007, 06:25:48 PM »
Bakc home, Debs.

Where else? ;D