Author Topic: We Both Know Your Father  (Read 17056 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: We Both Know Your Father
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 01:01:16 AM »
i doubt Danielle is an other... she had her hands on Aaron and was later tracked down... Aaron seemed to be all the Others wanted for a while, and could have had it.

Plus she helped Claire escape when she was pregnant... if they turned her into an Other, they would have to explain why she didnt just keep claire/aaron
Alex has helped people out in situations as well. But I agree. Danielle is not affiliated with the OTHERs

Offline firemanandlostfan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 01:24:30 AM »
I agree but it really bothers me about Danielle she really is a square peg with no round hole.  What the heck is her role on this island?  why didnt the others take her she obviously was fertile at one point, why do they leave here alone and pester everyone else....

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 01:26:34 AM »
I'm betting that the reason they didn't take her was because she was somewhat loca.

Plus, what harm does a crazy chick do? If anyone DOES happen to land on their island, the crazy chick will either kill them, or convince them that there is no one else by telling them that there is.

mindsparkle

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 02:18:58 AM »
Rousseau's husband's name was Robert and she told the story of killing him with great remorse... I think she really thought they were sick and her actions were necessary... after all, when Sayid pulled the gun on Rousseau and it misfired she said that's the same thing that happened with Robert, he didn't know she had taken the firing pin out either... so Robert was going to shoot her...

Anyway, back to the subject... I think Ben is the adoptive father and because he's the head honcho he gets to have the one and only baby on the island...

Another interesting thought, Rousseau seemed really surprised when Sayid said she had been there 16 years... I think people age differently on the island and it hasn't been 16 years at all... Alex is aging faster than she should, one reason Ben doesn't want her to have a boyfriend yet!  Something about the 26 year old with a 70ish womb leads me to think aging is different on the island...

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 02:20:04 AM »
It totally freaked me out when he said this too, but yeah, I think the stepfather approach might make more sense.  Stillllll... you never know...........

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 02:26:10 AM »
Well, they certainly don't have much resemblance if they're related.

Alex does throw a wrench into the aging theory for me because it really does seem that Danielle has been on the island for 16 years.  The distress signal had been playing for 16 years, according to the calculation Sayid made, so it would seem that Alex has been there for 16 years, too.

But the aging problem could be a recent problem that they've had.  Who knows?

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 02:28:34 AM »
I dont know if anyone has thought of this but didn't they take Alex when she was a baby.  So how did they know what her name was?

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 02:29:53 AM »
I know I am not the only one who had picked up on the strong hints from Ben in 3x6 about him treating Alex as his daughter (adopted, or otherwise). Right before surgery, he said "Did Alex ask about me?"  I guess it could have been interpreted as him having a relationship with her, but it sure seemed more likely that he viewed her as his child, since she was so young, and had been their captive for years.  It was definitely discussed on this forum back in November.

In fact, I was so sure he was her surrogate father, that I thought he had said it outright in 3x6 until I went back and watched that scene right before his surgery. When I heard it tonight, I didn't even flinch. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 02:31:32 AM by dcnole »

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 02:32:29 AM »
I dont know if anyone has thought of this but didn't they take Alex when she was a baby.  So how did they know what her name was?

I would guess that at some point Danielle screamed at them to give them back her Alex (possibly while pointing a crossbow or harpoon at them), but that's just one theory.

mindsparkle

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 02:36:55 AM »
Alex does throw a wrench into the aging theory for me because it really does seem that Danielle has been on the island for 16 years.  The distress signal had been playing for 16 years, according to the calculation Sayid made, so it would seem that Alex has been there for 16 years, too.

I think Sayid may have been fooled and the distress signal has not been playing for 16 years, Rousseau said "they" have control of the radio tower... why haven't they changed the signal... probably because there is no need, no one can hear it anyway... I just have a strong feeling about the time frame on the island is going to be thrown off because of aging...

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 02:41:39 AM »

I think Sayid may have been fooled and the distress signal has not been playing for 16 years, Rousseau said "they" have control of the radio tower... why haven't they changed the signal... probably because there is no need, no one can hear it anyway... I just have a strong feeling about the time frame on the island is going to be thrown off because of aging...

Good point, mindsparkle (as always).  The Others easily could have manipulated the signal.  My concerns regarding Alex relating to the theory have effectively been resolved.

Yay for NO TIME TRAVEL!

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 09:29:11 AM »
I agree with Mindsparkle.  Ben has been her surragate father since they captured her.  It really has been 16 years.  To me, Alex looks older than 16.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 10:08:33 AM »
Alex was taken from Danielle and raised by Ben as his own daughter. Danielle and ALex have been on the island for 16 years and they look every part of that. Danielle killed her husband and Alex's dad 16 years ago.

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2007, 10:53:10 AM »
ALEX IS NOT BEN's child, Danielle was pregnant when she arrived on the island and had the baby by herself....ITS NOT BENS KID! THINK ABOUT IT!  Its easier to have control over a child if you convince them your there parent, I think Alex would be even more rebellious and violent if they told her that she was stolen from her Mom at an early age! :-\

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 12:15:22 PM »
I agree with Juggy and Rick and everybody about Ben being her surrogate father
But one thing did cross my mind when I saw what they did to Carl

What if they did something similar (brainwashing) to Danielle and that is why she is a whack job.  Not sure if it would make a difference or anything but it did cross my mind and it could explain why she is the way she is.  Maybe they told her to tell that story or something....not sure but I would be interested to find out just how Ben became Alex's father and how she was taken from Rousseau etc..  (what REALLY happend)  Its about time we get a Danielle Rousseau flashback...long overdue