Author Topic: Ethan in opening segment....  (Read 13775 times)

Offline LOSTBamaGRL

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ethan in opening segment....
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 01:08:51 AM »
Trying to hard here guys. The point is that Juliettes experiments work and they need someone who can make infertile woman fertile. They would not bring her to the island if her experiments did not work. It is what we saw in this case.
I agree with Juggy (again). Why in the world would they want her on the island for her experiments if they don't work? If they don't want her for her fertility expertise, then why WOULD they want her?

Maybe it is nothing.....but they interviewed her at 2pm the same day her sister and she found out about the pregnancy (before Juliet even knew about her sister).  Even she said her experiments didn't work before she found out.  Not saying they didn't think she was talented, but she may not have perfected it yet.  Just odd for them to know she was pregnant a few hours later than Juliet and her sister knew, if they didn't have anything to do with either her being pregnant or with making them think she was pregnant.  If they wanted her based off of her success with her sister then they wouldn't have scheduled an interview with her before she had reached that success....

Offline LOSTBamaGRL

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 01:18:20 AM »

I kind of sais something about Jullietes sister not actually being pregnant in my thread.  Maybe Ethan and that other guy went to her and made her say that.  Is it one of the pregnancy test we have seen before?
Did it look like the Widmore test to you?
[/quote]

I tried to look at it the best I could, and the box is black and purplish like the picture of sun's pregnancy kit on the investigations page.  The top letters are either WI or VI (I don't have high def) and the bottom letters say HOM in the same font as on Sun's box.....

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 01:23:52 AM »
Trying to hard here guys. The point is that Juliettes experiments work and they need someone who can make infertile woman fertile. They would not bring her to the island if her experiments did not work. It is what we saw in this case.
I agree with Juggy (again). Why in the world would they want her on the island for her experiments if they don't work? If they don't want her for her fertility expertise, then why WOULD they want her?

Maybe it is nothing.....but they interviewed her at 2pm the same day her sister and she found out about the pregnancy (before Juliet even knew about her sister).  Even she said her experiments didn't work before she found out.  Not saying they didn't think she was talented, but she may not have perfected it yet.  Just odd for them to know she was pregnant a few hours later than Juliet and her sister knew, if they didn't have anything to do with either her being pregnant or with making them think she was pregnant.  If they wanted her based off of her success with her sister then they wouldn't have scheduled an interview with her before she had reached that success....
They were probably basing off her success with the male rat. I'd hire someone on the spot just because of that!

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 01:25:07 AM »
I kind of sais something about Jullietes sister not actually being pregnant in my thread.  Maybe Ethan and that other guy went to her and made her say that.  Is it one of the pregnancy test we have seen before?
Did it look like the Widmore test to you?

I tried to look at it the best I could, and the box is black and purplish like the picture of sun's pregnancy kit on the investigations page.  The top letters are either WI or VI (I don't have high def) and the bottom letters say HOM in the same font as on Sun's box.....
I'm pretty sure that Kate's Preg Kit said
WIDMORE
HOME PREGNANCY KIT

Or something very similar.

Offline LOSTBamaGRL

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 01:29:58 AM »
I was comparing Juliet's sisters pregnancy kit compared to the one we see on the investigations page from Kate and Sun......

mindsparkle

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 01:35:53 AM »
Ethan was there snooping on Juliet's sister, maybe he posed as a plumber and planted a listening device or something... very 007ish... anyway, I think they needed all the evidence they could find to help convince Juliet that she needed to join their organization that "isn't exactly in Portland..."  that was the funniest line!!

Offline LOSTBamaGRL

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 01:38:44 AM »
It was a funny line.....lol.  Poor Juliet didn't know what she was getting into....lol.

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 01:57:31 AM »
I recognize the possibility that they would have done anything to get Juliet to go with them.  They had her ex get run over by a bus!  So, it is possible that her sister isn't pregnant.  Her sister obviously wanted her to go to "Portland."

But, to actually believe that, I'd need to see more proof via LOST.  I'm going with her sister actually getting pregnant.

(And JB, I'm going to mention that male Dharma frogs could possibly get pregnant.)   ;D

mindsparkle

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 02:02:07 AM »
Good stand to take, I'm there as well... I'll believe her sister is pregnant until I see/hear it differently on lost... I can see them staging a fake pregnancy to make Juliet go with them... but I can see them really getting excited if they knew her experiments on her sister worked!

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 02:04:46 AM »
Yeah, and maybe that's WHY they interviewed her that day.  Maybe Ethan had been to visit her sister and found out that she was pregnant!

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 09:06:39 AM »
I agree that sis is pregnant and Ethan was planting a listening device.. how they know she is pregnant.  The rat success gave them all the incentive they needed to want to hire her, thus the pitch before they knew sis was preg.

My question - for as smooth as they are, why make the mistake of saying they know the sister is preg before logically they should know.  This startled Juliet, who knew that no one shuld know yet, least of all some guy from "Portland"

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 01:02:21 PM »
It appeared to me that Ethan came out of the door next to the sisters room.  I thought he was living next door keeping tabs.  Her sister was pregnant and due to her handy work.  And they told her they new to let her know they know everything and she was going to go with them one way or the other.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 01:08:33 PM »
I agree with the line of thinking going on. Ethan looked like he had the next door apartment and was listening in on the conversations they were having. The sister pregnancy made them really want Juliette so they killed the ex husband to get her to go.

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2007, 01:16:27 PM »
Totally agree with this line of thinking, Ethan was set up next door with Surveillance equipment, cameras and listening devices. Plus maybe enter the apartment and check things out when there gone.  Seems more feasible to me.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 01:17:40 PM »
Not hard done with some cash and a little training. Easy to buy in to.