Author Topic: Ethan in opening segment....  (Read 14377 times)

Offline LOSTBamaGRL

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Ethan in opening segment....
« on: February 08, 2007, 12:25:05 AM »
In the opening segment, we see Ethan pass by Juliet in the hallway before she enters the room of her sister.  He says hello like you would to a stranger.  This is before they were introduced at the end.  So was Ethan there doing something to her sister? 

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Ethan in opening segment....
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 12:30:47 AM »
In the opening segment, we see Ethan pass by Juliet in the hallway before she enters the room of her sister.  He says hello like you would to a stranger.  This is before they were introduced at the end.  So was Ethan there doing something to her sister? 
My guess is he was the plant finding information about Juliet.

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 12:31:58 AM »
Good observation, you never know, that's probably how he knew of her sister.

Offline LOSTBamaGRL

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 12:34:33 AM »
Maybe that is all it was....but I was thinking maybe they had something to do with helping her get pregnant.  Seems strange that she did get pregnant (after apparently trying for a long time) around the day Juliet was to interview.  Maybe they thought she wouldn't leave if her sister was still trying to get pregnant or maybe they thought that Juliet feeling responsible for helping her sister get pregnant would encourage her to help them in their research.....  Just a thought.....

Offline Point Place WI

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 12:36:51 AM »
Who was the dude with Ethan trying to recruit her at the morgue.  He was wearing eye linar no doubt a friend of Tom's

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 12:40:01 AM »
I think Ethan was there to spy on Juliette, her experiments must be successful other wise they would not want her to join them

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 12:40:33 AM »
Maybe that is all it was....but I was thinking maybe they had something to do with helping her get pregnant.  Seems strange that she did get pregnant (after apparently trying for a long time) around the day Juliet was to interview.  Maybe they thought she wouldn't leave if her sister was still trying to get pregnant or maybe they thought that Juliet feeling responsible for helping her sister get pregnant would encourage her to help them in their research.....  Just a thought.....
If Juliet can impregnate a male rat, she can impregnate her sister.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 12:41:42 AM »
That just sounded weird JB :D

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 12:43:02 AM »
I kind of sais something about Jullietes sister not actually being pregnant in my thread.  Maybe Ethan and that other guy went to her and made her say that.  Is it one of the pregnancy test we have seen before?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 12:44:23 AM »
That just sounded weird JB :D
I know... kinda came out wrong :D

I kind of sais something about Jullietes sister not actually being pregnant in my thread.  Maybe Ethan and that other guy went to her and made her say that.  Is it one of the pregnancy test we have seen before?
Did it look like the Widmore test to you?

Offline LOSTBamaGRL

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 12:45:44 AM »
Well she had apparently struggled with getting her pregnant....otherwise she wouldn't have told her sister they didn't have to keep trying anymore.  Not saying she couldn't ever do it, just saying seems strange the timing of the news after trying for a while....  Maybe they did something to help her get pregnant or maybe they faked her blood tests results (take home pregnancy tests give false positives to people on high doses of fertility drugs anyway).  

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 12:47:29 AM »
Trying to hard here guys. The point is that Juliettes experiments work and they need someone who can make infertile woman fertile. They would not bring her to the island if her experiments did not work. It is what we saw in this case.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 12:53:38 AM »
Trying to hard here guys. The point is that Juliettes experiments work and they need someone who can make infertile woman fertile. They would not bring her to the island if her experiments did not work. It is what we saw in this case.
I agree with Juggy (again). Why in the world would they want her on the island for her experiments if they don't work? If they don't want her for her fertility expertise, then why WOULD they want her?

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 12:59:19 AM »
keep in mind that it's not just about making infertile women pregnant, it's about the possibility of making ANYONE (or animal) pregnant, male or female.  how you like them apples? 

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 01:00:23 AM »
I just can't imagine the logistics of a male ANYTHING being pregnant... (and don't mention seahorses.)