Author Topic: Premature aging?  (Read 17741 times)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Premature aging?
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2007, 01:05:48 PM »
okay, here's some of my thoughts:

1.  it's an MRI.  i'm not a doctor or anything, but it is a CROSS section (or it looks like it to me) which would be an MRI, not an x-ray or ultra-sound.

2.  the images are of colleen.  the recruiter said 20ish (can't remember exactly), colleen fits the bill.  i think the main reason colleen's death was upsetting to the others was that she may have been pregnant.  remember sun, shot her in the stomach.  i think that means something. 

3.  maybe kate was dressed up in front of sawyer for them to "get it on".  who knows, maybe they are trying to get her pregnant.  maybe they tried to "inseminate" her with ben.  we still don't know what all happened with ben/kate. 

there are still a lot of things that could have happened.  i mean, who's to say these mri images aren't completely fake just to get juliet on the island!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2007, 01:12:45 PM »
I think we are getting carried away again when we talk of Kate being the person in the MRI. No connections to that story and Kate. Now Kate being pregnant from sawyer is a distinct possibility.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2007, 02:44:44 PM »
okay, here's some of my thoughts:

1.  it's an MRI.  i'm not a doctor or anything, but it is a CROSS section (or it looks like it to me) which would be an MRI, not an x-ray or ultra-sound.

2.  the images are of colleen.  the recruiter said 20ish (can't remember exactly), colleen fits the bill.  i think the main reason colleen's death was upsetting to the others was that she may have been pregnant.  remember sun, shot her in the stomach.  i think that means something. 

3.  maybe kate was dressed up in front of sawyer for them to "get it on".  who knows, maybe they are trying to get her pregnant.  maybe they tried to "inseminate" her with ben.  we still don't know what all happened with ben/kate. 

there are still a lot of things that could have happened.  i mean, who's to say these mri images aren't completely fake just to get juliet on the island!

To your second part...

Even if Colleen is in her thirties or forties (which I'm not sure she isn't), we don't know how long Julilet's been working with ML (Mittelos Lab). She might have been working with them for a few months, or even years before going to the island.

btw, I agree that the person in the (?) MRI was Colleen.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2007, 03:14:59 PM »
Common sense tells us that Juliette went to the island in a very reasonable amount of time.

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2007, 10:35:03 PM »
I think we are getting carried away again when we talk of Kate being the person in the MRI. No connections to that story and Kate. Now Kate being pregnant from sawyer is a distinct possibility.

"Carried away"...I don't think anything is impossible from these people LMAO

Offline snowyjoe

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2007, 12:38:21 AM »
could it be zekes uterus?...lol

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2007, 01:42:41 AM »
Once again, I think the hatch exploding has unleashed some sort of plague since the first thing I noticed last season when it exploded was the quarantine sign falling on the beach.  And during the survivor guide, they emphasized that we'd find out the consequences to the hatch exploding this season and they showed that same scene with the quarantine sign to illustrate that.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2007, 10:35:45 AM »
Once again, I think the hatch exploding has unleashed some sort of plague since the first thing I noticed last season when it exploded was the quarantine sign falling on the beach.  And during the survivor guide, they emphasized that we'd find out the consequences to the hatch exploding this season and they showed that same scene with the quarantine sign to illustrate that.
The Quarantine sign was on the inside of the hatch. This means that the people on the outside were quarantined. Not the people on the inside.

mindsparkle

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2007, 04:09:17 PM »
Back to premature aging... I have two thoughts now... (conceding that my uterus thoughts were wrong)

1) Perhaps all their body parts are prematurely aging because of something inherent to the island

or

2) or the radiation from the electromagnetic field or the magnet rocks are affecting just certain body parts

either way there is a problem with premature aging even if it's just the uterus that we know about so far... I would have a hard time believing that only the uteri of women are being affected...

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2007, 04:50:15 PM »
A couple of things have come to my mind whilst reading all your posts - they're not much use but getting my thoughts out there...

1. Maybe the reason Ben wants to keep Carl and Alex apart is because they are actually younger than they look due to premature physical aging - the problem with this theory is that the message Danielle put on the radio was playing for 16 years - according to Sayid's calculations anyway.

2. The aging on the scan can't be caused by Juliette's fertility treatment because up to the point of showing her the scans she had only impregnated a field mouse.

Here's a bigger pic for those of you who want it - I have tried to zoom in on the writing but it just pixelates before I can read it.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2007, 06:40:33 PM »
A couple of things have come to my mind whilst reading all your posts - they're not much use but getting my thoughts out there...

1. Maybe the reason Ben wants to keep Carl and Alex apart is because they are actually younger than they look due to premature physical aging - the problem with this theory is that the message Danielle put on the radio was playing for 16 years - according to Sayid's calculations anyway.

I found this interesting, because I've always thought they both (Alex & Karl) seem very young for their ages.   :-\  Immature & childish at times.  I guess I've just attributed it to bad acting :D, but you may be onto something.  :-\

Anyone else notice what I'm talking about or is it just me?   ;D

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2007, 08:37:19 PM »
I thought they've been acting pretty well for their age. I mean, if they are about 15 or 16 years old, they'd be acting like snowyjoe ;D

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2007, 09:16:58 PM »
That was your greatest post ever JB!!

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2007, 09:24:31 PM »
That was your greatest post ever JB!!
heh heh...

Sorry, Joe. No hard feelings?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2007, 04:37:24 PM »
I thought they've been acting pretty well for their age. I mean, if they are about 15 or 16 years old, they'd be acting like snowyjoe ;D
:-X  Lady McHarmony...Lady McHarmony.... :)

Some of their behavior seems very juvenile, though.  Poor Karl has been brainwashed, so I guess that's why he seems off.  & Alex with her slingshot?  I don't know. ???  I just can't put my finger on it.  But something in Wishbone's post appealed to me.  :-\