Author Topic: The Brainwashing Fun Time Room  (Read 20182 times)

Offline Kosmetas

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: The Brainwashing Fun Time Room
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2007, 05:02:23 PM »
They have the same genetic code..... that is why they must be kept apart!  You know brother and sister.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 05:15:27 PM by Kosmetas »

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2007, 05:23:45 PM »
This seems unlikely, and unfourtunatly I cannot check it myself because I apparently have trouble setting a DVR.  But several people have mentioned that you can see a picture of a man reflected on Karl as Sawyer is helping him out of the chair.  When this came on the screen, both my father and I said: "Was that Osama bin Laden?"  Sounds crazy, I know, but it really looked like him from what I can remember.  Am I alone on this one?
it was degroot.
http://lost.cubit.net/indexView.php?id=86

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2007, 05:49:53 PM »
They have the same genetic code..... that is why they must be kept apart!  You know brother and sister.
I doubt it, but it is a possiblity. We have no idea where Carl came from and he seems to be the same age as Alex. Maybe Danielle had two children (twins) or maybe Carl was the son of someone else on the scientists' crew. I don't know if I agree, but I see how it could be done.

Offline miketrapasso

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2007, 05:50:53 PM »
I don't mean the shot as they are walking out.  I mean the image that reflects onto Karl's face as he is sitting in the chair.  And if that is what you mean, than thank you for your help.

Oh yes. That is DeGroot. Thanks for banishing that ridiculous idea from my head!

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2007, 10:45:37 PM »
OK.  I think I finally have the clip of the reflected image worked out.

http://www.youtube.com/v/LEzTFA8po5I

It's DeGroots without the goggles he wears in the later clip.

Offline wlykyoti

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »
Hello this is my first post so forgive me if I missed this someplace but I found this on YouTube and found it interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwWhM8Xb_oQ

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2007, 11:48:31 PM »
Hello this is my first post so forgive me if I missed this someplace but I found this on YouTube and found it interesting...

"Only fools are enslaved by time and space"

Yikes. THANKS for that, Wlykyoti. That was... very useful and freaky.

Offline Wojodojo

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2007, 08:49:44 AM »
When the screen said everything changes, I thought of Jin telling Hurley in EVERYONE HATES HUGO "Everything is going to change". Could these be connected?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2007, 10:48:05 AM »
When the screen said everything changes, I thought of Jin telling Hurley in EVERYONE HATES HUGO "Everything is going to change". Could these be connected?
Possibliy. Good thinking... However, it WAS Hurley's dream... Dreams are difficult to interpret, especially on the island. What exactly was the meaning of "Everything changes"?

Change has been a very major theme of the show

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2007, 10:59:58 AM »

Thanks! I was just coming on to post about this, but you beat me to it... saw it myself this morning, too.  It's very creepy.  This is a comment about it on lostpedia:

The voice of a woman repeating "Only fools are enslaved by time and space" can be heard in the reversed version of the brainwashing video. This hidden clue may be another Buddhist reference: "The wise know how to use time and space perfectly; they lead free and harmonious lives. Fools are enslaved by time and space; they are busy running around all day. Wise or foolish, the difference is obvious."

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2007, 11:24:34 AM »
So it's definately a Buddhist thing...

We have quite a mix of religions in this show, don't we?

mindsparkle

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2007, 05:08:23 PM »
It was also a recording that DarkUFO made and I have a lot of respect for him and his site... he isn't easily fooled and seems to do a through research of stuff he gets...

so that was the sound to the brainwashing video... sounded more like the plane crash... but it's backwards, what do I know...

Very interesting piece... with all the Buddhist references and eastern thought and manner, I wonder if the more biblical associations are just there to throw us off the trail...

Offline COWBOYPANTS

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2007, 09:24:23 PM »
 First time post....don't really know you to copy and paste previous comments yet, but I wanted to give my 2 cents on why Alex and Carl can't be together.  I don't think it is a disapproving father thing.  I don't think any of the Others are allowed to sexually reproduce..whether it be because of genetic similarities or because of the fertility experiment.  Why waste time with pregnancy the old fashioned way?  Colleen and Danny were a couple, but the kiss seemed more platonic, no?

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2007, 09:26:18 PM »
Great to have ya Cowboy! And yes, the kiss was a bit shallow pecking. Good thoughts.

Offline snowyjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2007, 09:31:04 PM »
the thing about degroot...is that now the lost TV show is introducing Hanso-Degroot... where as before... they were never mentioned...only DHARMA.