Author Topic: The Brainwashing Fun Time Room  (Read 15752 times)

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: The Brainwashing Fun Time Room
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2007, 10:26:27 PM »
First time post....don't really know you to copy and paste previous comments yet, but I wanted to give my 2 cents on why Alex and Carl can't be together.  I don't think it is a disapproving father thing.  I don't think any of the Others are allowed to sexually reproduce..whether it be because of genetic similarities or because of the fertility experiment.  Why waste time with pregnancy the old fashioned way?  Colleen and Danny were a couple, but the kiss seemed more platonic, no?

Sorry if this has been discussed before.
To quote a person's post, just click the "Quote" button on the upper-right corner of the post.

Good point in that... I'm not really sure where I stand on the whole fertility issue...

I thought since it seemed like her test was negative, and because several people have posted theories that she might be the woman in the xray with the 70 year old uterus, that maybe she was infertile.  Maybe I'm over-thinking...Dunno. 
I don't think that there's a possiblity of any of our LOSTies being the person in the MRIs. That's all speculation, but I really don't see how it's gonna work out.

Thanks for the quote help!  Eventually, I think (hope) I would have figured that one out :)

Join us in community lounge (an area way down at the bottom of the swls page lol)....lots of folks there that will give you tips and pointers. And give an introduction for yourself too.
 :)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2007, 10:29:32 PM »
Sorry guys I'm not buying that Kate is the one with the 70 yr old uterus  ;D
As far as I'm concerned the 70yr old uterus doesn't have to belong to anyone that we know.  It was just something that they showed her to get her attention
I could be wrong... :D

I agree with you Debs, but I have a feeling that it is someone in the Other's camp. Maybe Colleen or someone we haven't met yet. Or, it's possible that we haven't met this person and we never will: maybe she died.

Offline COWBOYPANTS

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2007, 10:35:47 PM »
I will look for the Lounge, ChellyKins...I get "LOST" on this site a lot, though.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2007, 10:37:17 PM »
We'll be waiting for you. If you need help on getting there, just let me know.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2007, 10:38:49 PM »
I will look for the Lounge, ChellyKins...I get "LOST" on this site a lot, though.

Hey we all do! I STILL do!!
The loung is a bit easier and its all fun, not much Lost talk :D

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2007, 10:43:22 PM »

Hey we all do! I STILL do!!
The loung is a bit easier and its all fun, not much Lost talk :D

If you want Lost Talk, go to the Lost Talk Board! lol

Offline marie108

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2007, 12:53:04 PM »
There are a lot of Buddhism type quotes during the video: 'Everything Changes' suggests the Buddhist view of Impermanence, Ultimate Truth, as does the planting seeds stuff. Its all Karma - plant a good seed, and get good fruit - do good & get good, what goes around, comes around, etc. And of course the Buddhist Statue.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2007, 04:12:29 PM »
When you are trying to get a subliminal message across it is often added in backwards - does anyone remember the fuss in the early nineties about subliminal backwards messages being added to heavy metal records (or am I just old). Anyway, it is a way of getting something into people subconciously (sp). Very interesting though.

I don't see how the x-ray of the 70 year old uterus could be Kate since it was shown to Juliette 3 years earlier.

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2007, 05:01:09 PM »
Hello this is my first post so forgive me if I missed this someplace but I found this on YouTube and found it interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwWhM8Xb_oQ

Thanks! I was just coming on to post about this, but you beat me to it... saw it myself this morning, too.  It's very creepy.  This is a comment about it on lostpedia:

The voice of a woman repeating "Only fools are enslaved by time and space" can be heard in the reversed version of the brainwashing video. This hidden clue may be another Buddhist reference: "The wise know how to use time and space perfectly; they lead free and harmonious lives. Fools are enslaved by time and space; they are busy running around all day. Wise or foolish, the difference is obvious."

Thanks for posting all that stuff on Buddhism and subliminal messaging guys... I had a feeling there was something else beneath the crazy images and blasting techno music... It just made the whole brainwashing sequence even more interesting...

"Only fools are enslaved by time and space" - It really puts a lot of things in perspective huh?

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2007, 07:42:54 PM »
I didn't read through all the posts on this thread to see if it was brought up, but didn't this scene remind you of the chamber that the amusement park guy get locked in in the newer version of the movie "House on Haunted Hill"?  It was the same type of mechanism, for brainwashing, only it was more antique than this method.  But the guy had to wear goggles, was strapped down, the whole works.  I don't remember if any audio was playing, but the room literally started spinning and then these images started to show up.  It eventually made him lose consciousness. 

I just thought it was worth sharing.  It was one of those things where if I didn't post it, it would have drove me crazy!!