Author Topic: The Brainwashing Fun Time Room  (Read 18392 times)

Offline dot136

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: The Brainwashing Fun Time Room
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 12:43:32 AM »
I was watching the sequence frame by frame, and you can see the image of Alvar Hanso. The one from the Lost Experience where he's standing at the window. It's not far after the "Jacob" message.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 12:44:31 AM »
wasn't it "God loves you as he loves Jacob"?

It was "God loves you as He loved Jacob"
I just paused it on my recorder
I wonder if the past tense means anything.
I think the past tense thing is just biblical talk....

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 12:46:01 AM »
The past tense is interesting. Jacob is the guy who made the "list" talked about in the fall.  He appears to be the guy 1 step up on the food chain from Ben, but we don't really know for sure. I assume there is an intentional connection in using his name.  But the past tense makes you wonder what they're getting at.  Maybe Jacob is dead and Ben is trying to carry out his post-mortem wishes.  Like a cult figure who died and his followers are left trying to follow his lists, etc.

Offline dot136

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 12:48:43 AM »
Also, after they take the glasses off of Karl and just before Alex grabs his face, you can see a man with a beard reflected on Karl's chair. I wonder if he's anybody.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 12:54:48 AM »
I was watching the sequence frame by frame, and you can see the image of Alvar Hanso. The one from the Lost Experience where he's standing at the window. It's not far after the "Jacob" message.
i too saw the hanso photo.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 12:55:04 AM »
The past tense is interesting. Jacob is the guy who made the "list" talked about in the fall.  He appears to be the guy 1 step up on the food chain from Ben, but we don't really know for sure. I assume there is an intentional connection in using his name.  But the past tense makes you wonder what they're getting at.  Maybe Jacob is dead and Ben is trying to carry out his post-mortem wishes.  Like a cult figure who died and his followers are left trying to follow his lists, etc.
Either this, or they were referring to Biblical Jacob, or they were referring to something Jacob had done and God still loved him after he did it.

Sounds Cultish to me...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 12:57:52 AM »
They are saying that Jacob is a holy figure and you want to follow him so god will love you.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 12:59:46 AM »
I'd like to see the entire segment (shots of the screen anyways) slowly or frame by frame...

There has to be some interesting stuff there.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 01:00:30 AM »
i know who jacob the Biblical character is, but i think the jacob they are refrencing is someone on the island or associated with the others.  i think jacob=him.  maybe.

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 01:02:10 AM »
I'd like to see the entire segment (shots of the screen anyways) slowly or frame by frame...

I went through it in slow mo. None of the images jumped out at me except that as they're carrying Carl out, just as the room goes out of view, suddenly the film cuts to a bearded man in what looks like a science lab.  He's sitting at a lab bench looking down at some sort of piece of equipment. I didn't recognize him. It's possible it's Hanso, or someone else we've seen. Hopefully we can get a screen cap.  Beyond that, the images seemed generic (though it's possible they have some sort of combined meaning).  There were 5 total written statements. 

First: "Plant a good seed and you will joyfully gather fruit"

Second: "Everything Changes"

Third: "We are the causes of our own suffering"

Fourth: "God loves you as He loved Jacob"

Fifth: "Think About [slide changes] Your Life"

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 01:03:08 AM »

I went through it in slow mo. None of the images jumped out at me except that as they're carrying Carl out, just as the room goes out of view, suddenly the film cuts to a bearded man in what looks like a science lab.  He's sitting at a lab bench looking down at some sort of piece of equipment. I didn't recognize him. It's possible it's Hanso, or someone else we've seen. Hopefully we can get a screen cap.  Beyond that, the images seemed generic (though it's possible they have some sort of combined meaning).  There were 5 total written statements. 

First: "Plant a good seed and you will joyfully gather fruit"

Second: "Everything Changes"

Third: "We are the causes of our own suffering"

Fourth: "God loves you as He loved Jacob"

Fifth: "Think About [slide changes] Your Life"
that guy was degroot

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 01:04:24 AM »
Have you seen the TLE Fragments put together? There are a lot of links to it scattered around here... Did he look like the announcer for this video? That person was Hanso back in the 80s or something.

mindsparkle

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 02:31:31 AM »
The whole thing with Carl is very "A Clockwork Orange!!" 

Interestingly it's about a teenager named Alex that is very violent and eventually gets caught... and is offered a chance to redeem himself, he submits to an experimental therapy.  He's drugged and exposed to pictures of extreme violence and unable to look away, his eyes are held open with clamps...  anyway, it's an interesting book... kinda creepy though...

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2007, 03:45:02 AM »
Mindsparkle, you are just so smart and amaze me with every post :)  It was very disturbing, I guess Carl couldn't think about escaping could he.  You all may know this already, but why is he being punished/held captive?  Is it because of Alex?

Offline ofiedafne

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 03:50:40 AM »
Kinda silly thought could he mean that carl and alex should have children? So they may populate the island.