Author Topic: "Don't believe anything they tell you"  (Read 3801 times)

Offline Eballs

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
"Don't believe anything they tell you"
« on: December 20, 2006, 02:33:56 PM »
OK this might be a dumb thread but I had to say it and didn't know where else to post it. 

We all know that the "others" lie, we all believe that they are doing it for a reason and that they will continue to lie through out the entirety of the show.  My question is how many times are we going to be reminded about this?

When we first met Rousseau (?) she told us not to believe anything they say.  After shooting Ben in the arm with a crossbow she warned Syhad that he will never stop lying.

Then when Walt was kidnapped he started yelling, "There not who they say they are!" and "Don't believe them!" 

Now this is all good and well.  Nothing to shocking, but the one that really gets me thinking is when they are carrying Alex out and she yells, "Don't believe them" (i think she says) "They are not who they say they are."

These first six eps were all about the others, we still don't know much about them but we have been let into so many things that we haven't seen yet.  Why would they Producers/writers throw it in again?  Are we lead to believe that all of this is an act as well?  Are we ever going to learn facts about the others or is always going to be a lie?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: "Don't believe anything they tell you"
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 02:39:37 PM »
Or of course, we could turn it around... Maybe they aren't lying...

But I think they are.

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 10:22:53 AM »
I agree. Pretty much everything that we have seen thus far indicates that this is a group of manipulative, megalomaniacal zealots. I just don't know what their primary motivation(s) is/are yet.  :-\

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 07:44:46 PM »
Wow, craziness.

Offline snowyjoe

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 08:09:32 PM »
well, the first 'dont believe them cancelled out the second and then the third cancelled that cancellation..... get it ?

:P

Fike

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 04:59:22 AM »
When walt said they are not who they say they are was he not just refering to the set up in their "fake" home where micheal met walt and jack and co went to get walt from but really they were really high tech and lived on a smaller island

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 03:22:14 PM »
When walt said they are not who they say they are was he not just refering to the set up in their "fake" home where micheal met walt and jack and co went to get walt from but really they were really high tech and lived on a smaller island
I think you may have a point. They were pretending to be people stranded on the island in huts, but in actuality, they were much more than that.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 04:49:21 PM »
They say they are not the enemy.

They are lying.  Virtually every statement is a lie except the truths which are told only to further a hidden agenda.

Fike

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 02:16:00 AM »
If they do lie about everything does ben really need an operation or is it a set up to see if they can trust Jack (however y would he let himself be cut up if it was a test)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 09:31:18 AM »
If they do lie about everything does ben really need an operation or is it a set up to see if they can trust Jack (however y would he let himself be cut up if it was a test)
Jack has opened him up, He would know by now if there is no tumor

Fike

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 01:57:53 AM »
true but that must mean there is a reason he could not leave the island to get it fixed anyone got ideas i think maybe him and the others were banished by the goverment to the island.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 10:28:47 AM »
true but that must mean there is a reason he could not leave the island to get it fixed anyone got ideas i think maybe him and the others were banished by the goverment to the island.
Which government?

I'm pretty sure the gov only has power to keep people OUT of a place, or in a town, not to keep them in an obscure location.

If that's the case, then he would have just gone to another country.

I think they can leave, but Jacob wouldn't allow it.

Fike

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 05:49:55 PM »
unless it is like a detetion center which is guarded by wierd animals and other suff like Smokey.  so they are free to do what ever they want but only in a certian raidus and if they leave the get killed.