Author Topic: Come back Walt!  (Read 6078 times)

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Come back Walt!
« on: December 13, 2006, 12:10:41 AM »
Well guys, I only discovered this site recently so I missed all the fun discussion from seasons 1 and 2... if any of you are interested, here goes.

- when Ben says on the dock "we got more than we bargained for when Walt joined us" (or something like that) what is he talking about? Just what sorts of things can Walt do - besides some sort of weird astral projection -> on 2nd thought, that can't be it because Shannon wouldn't be able to see him if that was the case. The same type of bird he wanted his mom to look at in his book immediately flew into their glass door - it just blows my mind. What are his limits?

- when Walt showed up in Shannon's tent after her and Sayid, you know  ;), why did he appear to Shannon and not to Jack or Kate or ugh, even Sawyer? Why is he always wet? Does anybody know what he's saying other than "shhhh"? Is Walt trying to tell her something or warn her of something? And if so, why does he keep leaving so quickly?

- is Walt doing this appearing act without the others knowledge? Is it actually Walt that is talking to Michael on the computer or the others just trying to get him? Did he ever try to escape himself?

- then theres the obvious stuff, like what happened to the kids from season 1? It's so long ago, they're almost forgotten - does their being taken have anything to do with the lack of children on the island? In the others camp, the youngest people you see are Alex and Carl. They have a fertility doc so where are all the kids? Being experimented on like Walt?

- and of course, are Michael and Walt gonna end up back on fricken Monster Island? What's the significance of the direction 325 (which by the way is my B-day, March 25)? They make such a big deal of Walt in the first season and now he's just dropped off the face of the earth (island?).

Well, like I said, I missed all those fun discussions and just needed to vent some of my oldest lingering q's. Not expecting answers or anything but if anything from season 1 or 2 is still really tickling you, let me know. You'd think SOME things would be answered by now!   

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Come back Walt!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 12:43:01 AM »
Most of this is probably unanswerable, but in relation to what Walt was saying, you can check out the Investigations on the Main page.

Walt's audio was recorded backwards and he said a few things like "Don't open it"

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 02:00:07 AM »
Wow, thanks, I hadn't heard that recording before. It's too bad that you can't hear the very first thing he says - is it 'Press the button' or 'Don't press the button'? It still makes me wonder though - why would he give this information to Shannon? Does she even know about the hatch? I can't think of a single time she was down there (unless I'm really dense and am just having a brain glitch). Wouldn't this info have been more beneficial to Locke? I've thought about it for so long now and still can't come up with a reason that he appeared to Shannon. Any ideas?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 02:16:16 AM »
Something to do with Vincent, perhaps?

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 08:08:35 AM »
Frankly, I hope Walt DOESN'T come back...because whiny Michael will likely be with him. It will be interesting how they would explain him not being a kid anymore. We know puberty is already hitting and by the time they get back to his storyline he'll be 6'2" and sporting a goatee.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 10:28:18 AM »
The producers have said that they will get back to Walt and Michael story but it may be next season. They also said that they will get to the taken children this season. So some anwers will be coming. Also Ms. Klugh asked Michael if Walt ever appeared places where he is not suppose to be. So they may know he was projecting himself(or whatever you call it)

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 01:21:19 PM »
I've heard all about his recent growth spurt too and I can't even imagine how they're going to explain that one! That's too bad that they (Michael and Walt) may not be back till next season - I agree though that Michael is almost too whiny to have around. At least his son is back with him so his lines should consist of more than "Waaaaaalt!"

I had forgotten all about the part when Ms Klugh asks Michael that. So I guess they do know about it. Do you think they only wanted Walt in the beginning because he was a child or did they maybe know about his being 'special'? From what Henry says on the docks it seems that they're just as surprised with Walt as anyone. I can't wait to find out what 'the room' is and what sorts of things they have been doing to/with him!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 01:25:58 PM »
It is a story line that I want to have followed up on. You ask great questions I just don't have any answers!

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 11:55:36 PM »
Lotsa questions but no answers... another week as a Lost fan! But hey, cheers to the lost crew - they got me on the hook for next Feb (not that they had to try too hard). I don't get all these people who are dropping the show. Of course it's not season 1 but it's so way better than 2 (most of 2 anyways).
Well, here's hoping that these next 8 weeks just ZOOM by cuz I'm going thru some hardcore Lost withdrawal

"You know I gave you Tylenol for the heroine withdrawal"  :D
-> ah Jack, whatta doc!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 12:20:00 AM »
Agree with that last post. Been a very good season so far. Better than season 2. I am going to love the 16 straight shows. It is going to be awsome. Just have to make it that far.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 06:37:55 PM »
I re-watched 'Even Cowboys have daddy issues' today and there was a bit with Walt and Hurley playing backgammon on the beach. Walt keeps saying which dice he wants before he throws and every time it's those dice that come out. Hurley makes a comment and Walt says his Dad (which he means his step dad) always said he was the luckiest person he knew.
I never really thought much of it when it was first shown but now we know Walt is a bit weird it seems like he was controlling the dice.

I'd like him to come back too, just maybe without his whining Dad ;)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2006, 06:41:01 PM »
oh I think he's coming back...no way they let them go for real...

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 10:06:24 PM »
Sure.  In season 1 it seemed like the whole story was going to be about Walt and Locke.  Walt will be back.

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2006, 12:40:12 AM »
Walt is pretty central to the show. The others somehow knew that Walt was "special" before they took him but did not know the extent of his powers, I think he scared them - they didnt know what to do with him once he got there and somehow he showed them he was more special than they knew when they were testing him or whatever they did to him.
I know this is a huge leap but maybe his mother was somehow involved with these guys and then freaked out when Walt was a baby and has been basically on the run since -all over the world. Probably not I just cant remember what she did but I thought it was fairly sudden when she up and left with Walt.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2006, 02:53:39 PM »
She was a lawyer and left with her boss, whom she married. I think that Walt is very important and will be a key to what they are trying to accomplish on craphole island.