Author Topic: Who Do You Miss?  (Read 187343 times)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Who Do You Miss?
« Reply #3765 on: April 17, 2010, 12:24:03 AM »
Riiiiiight....ANYone could do this job. ::) LOL

Isn't it funny how the people who seem to know the most about parenting....don't have any kids?
i get that too... But thats funny right there i dont care who ya are

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: April 17, 2010, 01:03:21 AM »

Isn't it funny how the people who seem to know the most about parenting....don't have any kids?
Never said i knew about parenting I just have the same chores you do in some ways.  I wasn't blessed with the ability to have children and trust me I would give  a lot to celebrate one day as a Mom.  That is why I decided to be the best Aunt I could possibly be.
Easy there.  lol  I didn't name names or point fingers!  I was...(altogether now)...just sayin. :D  We all need to learn to bloom where we're planted, & it's great to see an extended family member who takes her role seriously. :)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: April 17, 2010, 08:19:57 AM »

Never said i knew about parenting I just have the same chores you do in some ways.  I wasn't blessed with the ability to have children and trust me I would give  a lot to celebrate one day as a Mom.  That is why I decided to be the best Aunt I could possibly be.
Easy there.  lol  I didn't name names or point fingers!  I was...(altogether now)...just sayin. :D  We all need to learn to bloom where we're planted, & it's great to see an extended family member who takes her role seriously. :)
I wasn't taking it personally but voicing my opinion I keep forgetting to place it the in general comment.  Thanks for the advice ;)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: April 20, 2010, 02:57:06 PM »
GREAT!  So would you like to "help" with teaching, laundry, dishes, floors, Emails, field trips, carpooling, shopping, errands, bills, windows.....lol
I can help with Windows... or are you talking about the transparent kind? :D

P.S. I know more about parenting than you :D (totally kidding, don't kill me!)

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: April 20, 2010, 05:18:37 PM »
GREAT!  So would you like to "help" with teaching, laundry, dishes, floors, Emails, field trips, carpooling, shopping, errands, bills, windows.....lol

I don't know about PL, but there are days when I feel a rock knows more about parenting that I do.  It can be the most humbling job in the world... which is why I keep my day job!  Well, that and the paycheck.  The money helps.

(Not that I am comparing you to a rock, JB... at least, not intentionally... er, I mean not blatantly.)   ;)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: April 20, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »
Dr Spocks- parenting book, didnt Raising Arizona teach you anything? Sheesh

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: April 20, 2010, 09:20:23 PM »
Which has more personality? Dr Spock's parenting book or Data's?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: April 20, 2010, 09:30:05 PM »
Which has more personality? Dr Spock's parenting book or Data's?
I'm not sure I'd trust Data, he shot Lore and stole his emotion chip....

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: April 25, 2010, 08:58:59 PM »

I don't know about PL, but there are days when I feel a rock knows more about parenting that I do.  It can be the most humbling job in the world... which is why I keep my day job!  Well, that and the paycheck.  The money helps.

(Not that I am comparing you to a rock, JB... at least, not intentionally... er, I mean not blatantly.)   ;)

oh that is good one Holland!
yeah funny things children come with no manual, guarantee but they do come with unconditional love, purity, and make your heart melt! 

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: April 25, 2010, 09:07:50 PM »
I miss Pl ok this was the right thread

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: April 27, 2010, 02:13:16 AM »
yeah funny things children come with no manual, guarantee but they do come with unconditional love, purity, and make your heart melt! 
I feel like the Greatest American Hero... lost the manual the day the kid was born, but still manage to do some pretty cool stuff with the kid anyway!  Speaking of which, we need more shows like the Greatest American Hero... one of my favorite theme songs!  :D

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: April 27, 2010, 08:51:05 PM »
I feel like the Greatest American Hero... lost the manual the day the kid was born, but still manage to do some pretty cool stuff with the kid anyway!  Speaking of which, we need more shows like the Greatest American Hero... one of my favorite theme songs!  :D
that was a good show!  So you can be the Great American Holland and his band of merry children!

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: April 29, 2010, 03:29:32 AM »
that was a good show!  So you can be the Great American Holland and his band of merry children!
Is that the equivalent of an American living in the Netherlands?  Similar to how some naturalized Mexicans in America are called Mexican-Americans, etc, if an American lives in Holland, they could be American Holland! (Probably American-Dutch is more grammatically correct, but far less interesting and poignant to the conversation.)

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: May 05, 2010, 04:18:35 AM »
I miss everyone here!  I also officially miss Jin and Sun :(  And my partner in crime.  I feel like a foreigner around these parts!

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: May 05, 2010, 10:02:53 AM »
(((Joy))) hope things are goin well....

Haven't been here in a little while - hope everyone is doin well :)