Author Topic: Frequency  (Read 6126 times)

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Frequency
« on: November 20, 2006, 03:42:10 AM »
I couldn't see where this was discussed previously, but in the movie "Frequency," Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet) plays a character named Julia 'Jules' Sullivan who is a nurse.

In addition, in that movie, there is a main-ish character named Jack Shephard.

I don't know that there are any more connections than that in the movie.  Anyone else?

Offline uofapiglet

• View Profile
Re: Frequency
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 03:38:07 PM »
Sorry Cardi, I've never seen or heard of the movie... but that information is quite odd... funny coincidence i guess...

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 06:21:48 PM »
Tell us more about this movie, I also have never heard of it.

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 07:49:26 PM »
I basically wrote out the whole plot, including the ending, so if you want to figure out what the plot is, without the spoiler, let me know, and I'll explain it without spoiling it.

SPOILERS TO FREQUENCY

Basically, it's about a father and son.  It takes place in both 1969 and 1999.  In 1969, the son is about 6.  Well, in 1969 his father dies in a fire-fighting incident.  The Aurora Borealis is going on, which creates a frequency that allows the son in 1999 to talk to his father in 1969 through an old radio-ish thing.  So, they figure out they're father and son talking to each other in a different time.  The son realizes that his dad is going to die the next day and tells his dad how to avoid it.  His dad doesn't die, but because he doesn't die, all of a sudden, there are more victims to a string of murders.

The son is a cop, so he gives the dad information because they are attempting to save the lives of the female nurse victims, one of which is the dad's wife/son's mother.  Dennis Quaid plays the dad, and Elizabeth Mitchell plays the wife.  It ends up that the murderer is a guy named Jack Shephard, who is also a cop.

Also, I should mention that they figure out that one of them is in 1969 and the other one is in 1999 because the world series is going on, and the son tells the dad what happens in the games before they happen.  They are big baseball fans.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 08:17:04 PM »
very cool movie, but I'd have to watch it again to remember some of the specifics.

Jungle otter

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 02:45:01 PM »
I like this movie...everytime it's on I watch it (I should really get teh DVD.) :)

don't recall the doctor tho...I'm gonna have to watch it again as well

Offline kukuruza

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 09:02:03 AM »
Yes I saw also cinema to me it was pleasant very much, I did not wait большего from it.