Author Topic: Alex is Ben's daughter?  (Read 13678 times)

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Alex is Ben's daughter?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 10:21:20 PM »
Oh it is SO good.  My husband doesn't like it much....but he just doesn't get it!  He's learning....

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 10:40:27 PM »
But is Alex Ben's kid?

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 11:31:56 PM »
LOL  i know this convo took a hard Left turn * giggle snort *

yes i do think that Ben raised Alex
there was jsut something in how they asked about each other that leads me to that conclusion
;)

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2006, 11:33:59 PM »
Alex cant be his real daughter, Danielle was pregnant when she arrived on the island. I do think that Ben and Danielle have had past encounters, maybe not Ben but definately with others, she did say that he would lie for a very long time. This implies to me that she has met them before, as we say she cant have lived there that long without some kind of contact. What was the deal that they struck? Why does she leave them alone and they leave her alone? Something had to have been arranged between everyone, for them to live so harmoniously on this island until the Losties came.

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2006, 11:35:23 PM »
I agree with the fact that Ben raised Alex but I very much doubt that they are blood relations.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2006, 11:42:27 PM »
the more  i think about her line  " he will lie for a long time "  i think sh ehad him trapped in the net for a while before she turned him over to Sayid

and given the others ability to move thru the jungle with such stealth they could have avoided her for the most part 

her not finding Otherville is a big question for me
given the incentive to find her daughter i would think she would have found Otherville by now

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2006, 11:45:06 PM »
Exactly! If it was my daughter I would be looking still, something has had to have occured between Danielle and the others for her to have given up the search or is she just convinced that she is dead?

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2006, 11:48:34 PM »
it has to be something else other then thinking she is dead

she was asking claire about alex

the only thing i can come up with is they have convinced her that to keep alex from gettin gsick she has to stay with them
but even that seems weak  I know if it were my sisters kids ( i dont have any myself )  there is no way i would have given up on finding them

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2006, 11:53:52 PM »
I hadnt thought of "the sickness", it is weak but as a mother you would do anything for your children, if she believed that Alex would die from this virus if she didnt go with the others then maybe you would give her up to them.
Then wouldnt you want to know about her progess, how she is going, wouldnt you be sneaking around just to even get a glimpse of her? Something had to have been said or done to her to keep her away from Alex.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2006, 12:00:33 AM »
exactly  and by doing so she should have found  Otherville at somepoint in her 16 years on the island

given enough time with the losties on the island  and nun of them getting the " sickness " 
She may become more agressive in trying to find Alex

hehehehee  Crazy Mom   beating the crap out of Pickett 
i love the image  ;D

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2006, 12:14:50 AM »
I certainly hope she goes on the revenge path soon, would be a great scene, her laying her boots into Picketts side, wont forgive him for what he has done to Sawyer.
Go the crazy mum!

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2006, 12:19:22 AM »
LOL   totally agree it would make for great tv  LOL

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2006, 03:22:42 PM »
I'm E-rich posted this thread... I know that cbw and the other guys on the couch cerw have been debating this tpoic for a while on the episode 3X6 thread on the main page and they had some very good insights... And I know that I had said something back then about the Ben-Alex relationship/connection... I'll have to read back and do some more thinking before I try to post anything remotely profound here...

But I also agree that this is one of those storylines that I hope the writers resolve sooner rather than later...

Offline Lostatwork

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2006, 03:41:44 PM »
Hasn't anyone given thought to Danielle being one of the other Other's?  Ya know how there's supposed to be 2 groups of others?  Maybe she's one of them and is filled with only so much information to feed our losties - helping to convince/scare them into whatever HE dictates?  (The HIM - we don't know).  I mean, she has an awful lot of information about the island (as would someone there 16 yrs) but yet hasn't seen or found her daughter?
AND not to mention - she handed over Ben?  Why even bother?  Why not just torture or kill him like she pretended to do to Sayid?

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2006, 05:26:54 PM »
Hasn't anyone given thought to Danielle being one of the other Other's?  Ya know how there's supposed to be 2 groups of others?  Maybe she's one of them and is filled with only so much information to feed our losties - helping to convince/scare them into whatever HE dictates?  (The HIM - we don't know).  I mean, she has an awful lot of information about the island (as would someone there 16 yrs) but yet hasn't seen or found her daughter?
AND not to mention - she handed over Ben?  Why even bother?  Why not just torture or kill him like she pretended to do to Sayid?

Interesting point, but she went to Sayid for help-they forged a relationship and she trusts him to help her.
She very well could be a DHARMA defective though