Author Topic: Kate and the Marshall  (Read 3882 times)

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Kate and the Marshall
« on: November 17, 2006, 06:47:55 PM »
Does anyone else she has a weird relationship with this marshall? He seems almost obsessed with her.

And I just re-watched the episode from series one where the marshall dies and it shows her flashback of getting caught in Oz - would they realy only send one man to catch a wanted murderer?

PatchieMcCreep

Re: Kate and the Marshall
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 08:20:27 PM »
This is strictly vintage The Fugative....
The Marshall is obssesed with Kate and won't give up. I think he might have went to Australia on his own to get her. We don't know how many times she has made a fool of him.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 11:49:55 PM »
I agree that there was an obsession there. I don't think it will play a big part in the overall story.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 11:55:17 PM »
I'm intrigued by this.  Kate called the marshall on the phone and the conversation went like this:

Edward:  Agent Mars

Kate:  It's me.

Edward:  Well, I'm glad.  I realized this morning that it was the Feast of the Ascension and I was feeling bad.  A lot of Holy Days have come and gone since you last called.  I thought that you and I were friends.

Does his remark about the Holy Days seem weird to anyone else?  Or is it just me.
 ???

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 02:59:44 AM »
I heard this exchange come & go, but I didn't really get it either.  I don't think it was significant, though.  Just a comment on the passage of calendar days, I think.  ???

mindsparkle

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 04:00:28 PM »
I'm intrigued by this.  Kate called the marshall on the phone and the conversation went like this:

Edward:  Agent Mars

Kate:  It's me.

Edward:  Well, I'm glad.  I realized this morning that it was the Feast of the Ascension and I was feeling bad.  A lot of Holy Days have come and gone since you last called.  I thought that you and I were friends.

Does his remark about the Holy Days seem weird to anyone else?  Or is it just me.
 ???

It is an unusual phrase.... most people say the more popular versions of "many moons" or "haven't heard from you in ages" "long time no see" etc.  I have never heard anyone use this phase... maybe I don't get out enough... maybe it's an indication of his moral values... thus driving his obsession with Kate????

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 08:51:29 PM »
Maybe it's another clue to the off-island timeline.  The Feast of the Ascension is different each year, being forty days after Easter (I think).  I know it's always on a Thursday.  If we know what year that was we could figure out the date.  TPTB seem to count days, or they want us to.  And forty keeps cropping up.  Eko prayed for forty days, etc.  (In all my years nobody has ever wished me a Happy Feast of the Ascension Day.  Or even mentioned it...... )

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 08:56:45 PM »
It also means that she called on a different holy day. A lot of holy days have passed. Sounds to me that she called last time on a holy  day.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 08:59:57 PM »
Maybe it's another clue to the off-island timeline.  The Feast of the Ascension is different each year, being forty days after Easter (I think).  I know it's always on a Thursday.  If we know what year that was we could figure out the date.  TPTB seem to count days, or they want us to.  And forty keeps cropping up.  Eko prayed for forty days, etc.  (In all my years nobody has ever wished me a Happy Feast of the Ascension Day.  Or even mentioned it...... )
hmmmm....now that you mention it, the number 40 (years, days, weeks) is a symbolic time reference often used in the Bible.  With all the other Biblical references, you may be onto something.

BTW...Happy Belated Feast of the Ascension Day!  :D

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 09:07:09 PM »
 :D

Why, thenk you very much.  And the same to you, Princess.

Offline lordpearce

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 02:02:19 PM »
mabye on a different note...mabye the marshel thinks of kate as "holy" "many holy days" gives the impression to me that he enjoys the hunt for her.

and that his life now to get kate. so if this has "effected" him, he may call her "holy"

none the less...a idea  ;D