Author Topic: 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or 1 hour?  (Read 4124 times)

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
5 minutes, 10 minutes, or 1 hour?
« on: November 09, 2006, 11:09:36 PM »
    In episode 3 X 1 Ben tells Goodwin " you can make that beach (the tail section) in an hour if you run". In episode 2 X 7, Ana Lucia says to Goodwin " you came out of the jungle 10 minutes after the crash completely dry", and if you look at the picture of where the tail crashed, it would take (by my estimates) way longer than an hour to make it to the tail section. How can this be explained?

- Pyro

misspensinger

Re: 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or 1 hour?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 11:17:38 PM »
Hey, I remember discussing this somewhere on the boards, probably under the actual episode.  Doesn't make much sense unless they have tunnels or modes of transportation.  Or supernatural gifts ::)

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 11:47:32 PM »
i was thinking tunnels. a main tunnel running from the big island to the hydra station. This would also explain how they got to the hydra with 3 captives and no boat. Ben gave Michael the only known boat at the end of season 2. The others were on the pier in the last episode of season 2, then in the hydra station in the first episode of season 3, but no boat. I believe that there must be a tunnel, if not many tunnels leading to the other stations perhaps.

- Pyro
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 11:50:22 PM by Chefpyro »

Offline Jordanoth

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 07:54:48 AM »
i was thinking tunnels. a main tunnel running from the big island to the hydra station. This would also explain how they got to the hydra with 3 captives and no boat. Ben gave Michael the only known boat at the end of season 2. The others were on the pier in the last episode of season 2, then in the hydra station in the first episode of season 3, but no boat. I believe that there must be a tunnel, if not many tunnels leading to the other stations perhaps.

- Pyro

they have a sub.

if you are familiar with territory, it doesnt take that long to run through jungle, we have a huge property at the back of my house, and if you know the area you can sprint through the thickest areas without leaving a trace. knowing small animal paths and the flow of the land makes a huge difference..

as well as that, we have very long beaches here in australia and my dad would walk nearly to the horizon and back within an hour while i would be playing in the sand and watching him as he collected shells..

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 02:11:29 PM »
THERE IS NO TUNNEL 2 MILES LONG GOING BETWEEN ISLANDS

as far as Anna and her comment of 10 min after we crashed
anyone who has been involved in a traumatic event can tell you time is not  something you have a good grasp on at the time
and i agree with Joth  an hour to make the shore is possible thru the jungle

i first thought it was way to far to get there that fast  but after reflecting on it  it is possible

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 02:21:13 PM »

as far as Anna and her comment of 10 min after we crashed
anyone who has been involved in a traumatic event can tell you time is not  something you have a good grasp on at the time

I was thinking that Demra - might have seemed like 10 minsutes to her but time passes in a blur sometimes - I reckon a plane crash would have been one of those times.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 04:35:01 PM »
I agree with Demra. This one has been done to death. They ran...through the jungle...no tunnels, no roads, no vehicles. Ana Lucia was off in her estimate.

Offline Jordanoth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 07:50:55 PM »
it would have taken ana some time to reorient after the crash..

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 10:25:52 PM »
A lot was going on with what Anna was dealing with, coming out of the water, she was helping people trying to save people. It was probably an hour. Should rewatch that part.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 12:08:24 AM »
:D  i feel the love  i really do 

hehehe  thanks guys  ;D

Offline Jordanoth

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 10:55:31 AM »
:D  i feel the love  i really do 

hehehe  thanks guys  ;D

we are the lost trinity of truth-seeking :)

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 06:40:21 PM »
yeah- i feel it too

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 01:08:25 AM »
Sorry Chef   it is unusual for me to yell like that it was just one of those moments :D

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 10:07:32 PM »
    In episode 3 X 1 Ben tells Goodwin " you can make that beach (the tail section) in an hour if you run". In episode 2 X 7, Ana Lucia says to Goodwin " you came out of the jungle 10 minutes after the crash completely dry", and if you look at the picture of where the tail crashed, it would take (by my estimates) way longer than an hour to make it to the tail section. How can this be explained?

- Pyro
I'm not all too sure Anna saw that, even if she said it...she was a cop and used to trying to get a confession...it just worked and he fell for it...BUSTED!!!

plus with everything going on 10 minutes could have been an hour...all that chaos, who knows...I don't think it's that important...still dont believe there are too many functioning tunnel systems...

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 11:27:26 PM »
I s'pose it's also possible she meant 10 minutes after we got everybody out of the water. His coming from the wrong direction and completely dry after such a short time would be two strikes against him.

It always bothered me that it took her so long to figure this out!