Author Topic: monitor 3  (Read 24751 times)

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: monitor 3
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 12:14:30 PM »
very true  Juggy

there is more then we knew to the rift in the Others ranks

she said as much when she told pickett about the new time table

she also said it was a change made by HIM
and pickett questioned it and called it stupid  so the rift goes up higher then Ben

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 12:30:40 PM »
The others just might self destruct

San Diego Johnny

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 06:24:33 PM »
In looking at the second picture on the second row, in this capture, this appears to be a dock or a terminal of some type.  Compare that picture to this shot of the cruise ship terminal here in San Diego (warning, link may take some time to download).

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 09:40:35 PM »
Got an error for the second picture,

Agree it looks like a dock

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 09:49:26 PM »
It appears to be on-island. The intersting thing about that shot, is that you can see what appears to be tire tracks on the ground. Of course, given that this is actually filmed in Hawaii, I don't think we can conclude that the Others have cars - but we can definitely conclude that Hawaiians have cars.

Heh, I have been spouting my theory all afternoon that there are vehicles of the land-driving sort that are on the island.  Think this may become the new underwater hatch theory. 

You are right, of course, Sledge that these may just be from some passing Hawiian Islanders, but then again, might that not be the wall of a garage?  It makes sense they could drive on the beach--and not easily through the jungle, so it would make more sense to have a garage there. 

Also, haven't all of the shots so far been of places and people we were to take note of?  I don't want to discount the tire marks so easily!!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 09:50:24 PM »
It appears to be on-island. The intersting thing about that shot, is that you can see what appears to be tire tracks on the ground. Of course, given that this is actually filmed in Hawaii, I don't think we can conclude that the Others have cars - but we can definitely conclude that Hawaiians have cars.

Heh, I have been spouting my theory all afternoon that there are vehicles of the land-driving sort that are on the island.  Think this may become the new underwater hatch theory. 

You are right, of course, Sledge that these may just be from some passing Hawiian Islanders, but then again, might that not be the wall of a garage?  It makes sense they could drive on the beach--and not easily through the jungle, so it would make more sense to have a garage there. 

Also, haven't all of the shots so far been of places and people we were to take note of?  I don't want to discount the tire marks so easily!!

Thats one for your side!

Offline dweebs

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 07:36:44 AM »
compelling...

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 01:39:17 PM »
The picture beneath Sawyer and Kate looks like some kind of tunnell to me, it also looks like it has a rail halfway up - like a monorail type of thing, maybe the bottom floods so the rail is placed up high?

I also think the top left picture is where Jack scrubbed in for the operation not the shower room.

There looks like a couple of bridges in the second row, each corner, screens.

And I think the car park is a beach shot but the tyre marks could be there on purpose. The huts the others were living in were not on the coastline so there must be others around the island.

Interesting - whish I could zoom in closer :)

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2006, 01:43:15 PM »
that monitor shot below sawyer and kate is from the covered walkway that kste was walked doen when they took her to meet Ben for the first time

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 01:45:59 PM »
that monitor shot below sawyer and kate is from the covered walkway that kste was walked doen when they took her to meet Ben for the first time

Really? I never would have even thought that...

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2006, 02:20:14 PM »
I'm going to have to re-watch it - I'm not convinced yet

Offline ButchFitz

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2006, 05:37:17 PM »
That shot of Kate and Sawyer is kind of odd... if you think about the angle, the camera must be practically inside kate's cage. And the way it is zoomed so perfectly on the couple makes me think that someone was controlling the camera, most likely ben.

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2006, 05:51:16 PM »
You're right Butch....that is a strange angle when most of the other cameras have been from above.....interesting.

Offline YouAllEverybody

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2006, 07:07:06 PM »
The picture beneath Sawyer and Kate looks like some kind of tunnell to me, it also looks like it has a rail halfway up - like a monorail type of thing, maybe the bottom floods so the rail is placed up high?

I also think the top left picture is where Jack scrubbed in for the operation not the shower room.

There looks like a couple of bridges in the second row, each corner, screens.

And I think the car park is a beach shot but the tyre marks could be there on purpose. The huts the others were living in were not on the coastline so there must be others around the island.

Interesting - whish I could zoom in closer :)

Agree, that's what that one looked like to me, also. It would make sense to have a high speed sort of subway to move them between the islands.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2006, 10:12:32 PM »
I was wrong on the locker room, it is the operation room.

i would guarentee you that there is no high speed transportion system.