Author Topic: "How the hell did she get over here"..."I want to talk to Ben"...  (Read 9865 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: "How the hell did she get over here"..."I want to talk to Ben"...
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2006, 11:20:48 AM »
No, but I think he was being punished for something he did. Most likely like Alex was running around and not being part of the program

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 05:41:22 PM »
It's possible that Alex and some others live on a part of "Alcatraz" that's separate from the work area.  The prisoners working on the grading project are within a protected, secure area that may have some kind of perimeter intrusion detection.  When she tripped the alarm, it may have been because she came in to a secure area, not out of one.

I also believe that Juliet was being deceptive with Ben about this incident, and we are supposed to notice this.  Sure, she didn't technically ask about Ben, but the honest response would've been "she wanted to see you".  This might've prolonged the start of the operation.

Offline ape

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2006, 06:59:04 PM »
Danielle has lied many times and manipulated whoever she met. When she handed over Ben to Sayid she pointed out that he would lie. Maybe she knows him. (Estranged couples sometimes fire arrows at each other.)

Why should we believe her story about being seven months pregnant on a science ship is any more real than Ben's balloon story?

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2006, 07:40:43 PM »
Danielle has lied many times and manipulated whoever she met. When she handed over Ben to Sayid she pointed out that he would lie. Maybe she knows him. (Estranged couples sometimes fire arrows at each other.)

It makes more sense that Danielle is telling the truth--she has repeatedly told the truth--and that Alex was stolen from her as a baby.  Ben and ___ then possibly raised her. 

What I want to hear is the FIFTH line that no one has yet mentioned.  After Ben asks if Alex has asked about him, and Juliette says no and we took her home, she then said that SHE DOESN'T NOW KNOW WHERE SHE IS. 

Questions from this:
1) Does this mean they DON'T have surveillance everywhere?
2) Does this possibly mean that they sent her back to Danielle (I always assume home is where the parents are...) and not to their little village on Island 1?
3) That it doesn't matter if they monitor her behavior or not--or else they would keep her in lock-down or under surveillance somewhere?

What do you guys think??
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 10:15:47 PM by Foxyschic »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2006, 09:33:17 PM »
I was interested in that line also. I shows they know less than we think. I do not think she is back with Danielle. She was sent home, but is she at a friends, is she pouting in a coconut tree, at the movies or the mall, Juliette just does not know.

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2006, 10:17:12 PM »
Now see? If there's a mall, there is definitely construction equipment.  Or maybe her friend has a convertible and they are cruising to find her a new man!

Michelle13

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2006, 10:22:33 PM »
I don't think the "work area" has surveillance equipment...Alex asked for Ben...so if it were monitored wouldn't Ben know...or is he testing Jules??

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2006, 10:29:09 PM »
Hmmm...that's true.  We haven't seen any screenshots of the construction area.  Wonder if this is because the cameras/TVs were installed in the 1980s. So there is no new wire running to the new sections or developments on the island. 

That would mean that they don't have a way to install more.  Cause it seems like they would have. 

Wonder if the fuzzy screens in the Pearl mean some other hatches have been destroyed in the meantime. Like the Swan (well, not exactly like that...but maybe in other ways).

Offline sawsee

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2006, 01:26:59 AM »
It makes sense that Alex left Jack's celldoor open. With all the cameras around, Juliet would have been spotted, or at least suspected.

I thought Alex looked a bit 'wild-eyed' storming the gun-toting crew. I wonder if she, like her mother, has stability issues?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2006, 04:33:38 PM »
It makes sense that Alex left Jack's celldoor open. With all the cameras around, Juliet would have been spotted, or at least suspected.

I thought Alex looked a bit 'wild-eyed' storming the gun-toting crew. I wonder if she, like her mother, has stability issues?

I think Danielle's stability issues are related to the trauma of a shipwreck, giving birth on craphole island, her daughter being abducted, watching her team get sick, having to kill them, & then surviving on mystery island alone for 16 years.  I don't her stability issues are hereditary.

Alex hasn't exactly grown up in the healthiest environment, though, so I agree that she may have some stability issues of her own.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2006, 05:21:48 PM »
I think Alex is somewhere in between the Losties and the Others. She was saying she wanted to talk to Ben and we all took that to mean that she was angry with him but maybe she is angry with people like Picket etc who are keeping her away from Ben. Juliette told Ben that Alex didn't ask about him but she did ask to speak to him and this info wasn't passed onto Ben - maybe it was a test of the Others by Ben and Alex? I think he may actually be 'one of the good guys' and it might be the others who aren't so good.

I think Alex's boyfriend is Karl but I don't think he's dead - maybe the others are making her believe this and she wants to see Ben to find out the truth.

I also think if it was Alex's voice on the tannoy she must have been helping Ben - or did she really think the door had been left open and no-one was around by coincidence - I don't think she's that naive. I have to say though, I'm not absoluetly sure it was her voice - need to re-watch that bit.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2006, 02:45:53 PM »
Wow, I learned a new word today.

"The name Tannoy is a syllabic abbreviation of tantalum alloy, which was the material used in a type of electrolytic rectifier developed by the company."

The PA system.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2006, 03:01:43 PM »
You never heard tannoy before? - maybe it's a UK thing :)

Offline eelpie62

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2006, 09:23:59 AM »
Quote from: foxyschic
Wonder if the fuzzy screens in the Pearl mean some other hatches have been destroyed in the meantime. Like the Swan (well, not exactly like that...but maybe in other ways).

The blast door map indicated more than one closed or abandoned station.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2006, 02:35:27 PM »
When Juliet said "I don't know where she is" I took it to mean that she isn't paying attention to Alex's doings.  Or she just wanted to cut the conversation short by anticipating his next question before he had a chance to ask it.