Author Topic: "How the hell did she get over here"..."I want to talk to Ben"...  (Read 10314 times)

mindsparkle

Re: "How the hell did she get over here"..."I want to talk to Ben"...
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 01:09:01 AM »
I don't think Alex was just part of the con... she seems to truly care about this Carl guy, he's the only young man we've seen of the others, so maybe he was her boyfriend and Ben put his foot down and wouldn't let her see him and now she estranged from Ben and like any good parent Ben is wondering if she thinks of him...  a little family drama in the mist of this craziness...

She was truly slapping people with that sling shot... and I don't think she likes Danny (Pickett) he seems to be Ben's henchman and that's all, so maybe no one likes him. 

Just adding thoughts as they pop into my head... stream of consciouness kinda thing... I'm kinda stunned that Lost is over for another long spell... already starting to go through withdrawals.

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 01:10:14 AM »
wow, it seems that I got a completely different impression about Alex...it seemed pretty clear to me that she was working with the Others to convince Kate that they would kill Sawyer. She is just working them!

Who storms a prison camp with a slingshot??? Oh yeah, someone that believes that all those people with guns are cold blooded killers...that's who!

...on a side note...I also felt that Ben's remarks were that of a father asking about an estranged child. Maybe Ben raised her as his own but they had a falling out?
Certainly another plausible theory...but it just seems to strange to me that they would let us hear her demand to talk to Ben and than have Juliet tell Ben that Alex never asked about her.  It's not like Jack has ever seen or met Alex before. He didn't meet her on the main island last season, he didnt see her in the bushes like Sawyer and Kate did. So there was no deception to be gained by that comment in front of Jack.  It is possible that the two scenes are really unconnected, but I just don't think that's as likely.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 01:26:28 AM »
when she was being hauled off she told kate not to believe anything they told her  and that they were going to kill sawyer just like they did her boyfriend
is Karl dead ???

if he shows back up then we will know she ws part of the plan if he is dead then she was on the level with kate

Offline YouAllEverybody

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 01:39:17 AM »
Just gonna throw a quick thought in here.. I read somewhere in this thread something to the effect of "who's running the show on the other island..."

I think Mrs. Klugh is, I mean, she seemed pretty authoritative in the whole Michael and Walt episodes, so maybe she's the one taking care of the Lostie's island while Benry is in charge of the whole shabang(unless this Jacob is a real player). That and we haven't been to the lostie's island with the others yet, so this could very well be, yeah?

Huh?..... HUH?

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 01:40:04 AM »
Good points sparkle!

Alex could have stowed away on a boat/sub to get to Pala.  But what is she doing with a sling-shot against guys with guns and tasers?  Is she really trying to break out Kate and Sawyer?  Where are they going to run to?

She's just a kid, so they don't shoot her (she looks older than the character she is playing), but now she thinks they killed Karl.

Oh, and when Alex says, they're going to kill your boyfriend, how does she know Sawyer is her boyfriend?  Could she have heard they were going to kill Jack?  Alex obviously heard about the plan to kill the boyfriend on the main island somehow.

Offline debbie

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 01:52:20 AM »
Alex is not trying to fool our losties,she is gona help them :)

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 01:54:41 AM »
i hope you are right debbie

that would be great

Offline debbie

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 01:58:44 AM »
Demra remember when Alex helped Clair excape?,and when Zeke said bring her out Alex and she wouldnt she had a guy do it for her,you know when Kate got caught

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 02:01:21 AM »
yes  she has been stuborn about helping the Others all along  but Juilet did say they took her home andi am assumeing that Home is not on the island they are on now
but i would like to see her get away from the Others and actually tell us SOMETHING
LOL
;D

Offline debbie

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 02:04:26 AM »
And get to be back with her mom.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 02:07:47 AM »
ya what ever  i want asnwers LOL

just kidding i would like that too but i dont think it wil happen anytime soon

Offline Creampop

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 02:39:15 AM »
there are just so many things to weigh out here... Does Alex even know she was kidnapped? I believe she looks at Ben as a father figure.I also believe that this is all part of Ben's plan to get Jack to want to do the surgery. there have been some good points made the most important being, when Karl broke out there was an alarm but when Kate broke out and went to Sawyer there was none. at the same time we can think of the time she spoke with Kate about her dress again no alarm but tonight there was an alarm. why? (set up?) yes she help Claire but we also know Ethan was acting against orders maybe Ben or Jacob if he is him didn't like the fact that the plan wasn't going accordingly. also when she didn't take Kate out your right she didn't but she questioned the hell out of Michael about Claire why? maybe Ben or Jacob wanted to know what was going on with the situation, and after the returned she knocked Michael out with the gun... Like Ben said it's all part of the "bigger plan".

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2006, 10:46:59 AM »
I took the "Ben as Alex's father figure" route as well...it would explain why Ben would wonder if she asked about him. And for the record, Alex really did NOT ask about Ben, she demanded to talk TO him...I assumed Ben meant "Did Alex ask about me concerning my operation", not simply "Did Alex ever say my name"...so to that Juliet would be speaking the truth...no, she didn't ask about you. Juliet, however, didn't say "She did, though, come storming the compound with a slingshot demanding to talk to you and telling Kate that we were gonna kill her boyfriend. Kids today, sheesh..."

And yeah, I think the "Alcatraz" island is set up with sleeping arrangements, but I think the main island is where they live...so Alex was taken back "home" to the main island. I also assume that they have more than the one boat they gave Michael.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2006, 10:54:06 AM »
I took the "Ben as Alex's father figure" route as well...it would explain why Ben would wonder if she asked about him. And for the record, Alex really did NOT ask about Ben, she demanded to talk TO him...I assumed Ben meant "Did Alex ask about me concerning my operation", not simply "Did Alex ever say my name"...so to that Juliet would be speaking the truth...no, she didn't ask about you. Juliet, however, didn't say "She did, though, come storming the compound with a slingshot demanding to talk to you and telling Kate that we were gonna kill her boyfriend. Kids today, sheesh..."

And yeah, I think the "Alcatraz" island is set up with sleeping arrangements, but I think the main island is where they live...so Alex was taken back "home" to the main island. I also assume that they have more than the one boat they gave Michael.

Good post. Her demand to talk to Ben was not one of missing someone. She wanted answers about Karl, not a reunion with surrogate dad.

Also if Karl is still alive it does not mean that Alex is helping the others. She does not know where Karl is and she is suspecting that they killed him, she does not know.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2006, 11:18:15 AM »

Good post. Her demand to talk to Ben was not one of missing someone. She wanted answers about Karl, not a reunion with surrogate dad.

Also if Karl is still alive it does not mean that Alex is helping the others. She does not know where Karl is and she is suspecting that they killed him, she does not know.

Has it been said why Karl/Carl was in the cage to begin with??...Do we know yet?