Author Topic: Two Smokies  (Read 5426 times)

Offline FeelLikeANut

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Two Smokies
« on: November 06, 2006, 05:21:29 AM »
"Two players. Two sides. One is light; one is dark."
--Locke, Pilot Part 2

It seems that the monster that Locke saw in "Walkabout" is not what we or Eko have been seeing. Locke saw a bright light; Eko saw a dark cloud. Are they two separate entities?

BlackrockBob

Re: Two Smokies
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 07:34:57 AM »
Last season I posted something about two Smokies: One took on forms from people's past and the other was the Smoke Cloud/Killer.

Now, I don't think so. I think it is one thing.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 01:05:23 PM »
I think the light and dark had to do with what you saw in smokie. It is judging you and Locke saw something beautiful but Eko saw death.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 10:06:27 PM »
I'm not sure or have an opinion about 2 smokies, but, do we have a location on where the smokies are being seen, it seems like only around certain parts of the island...maybe somewhere near the telekenesis area/station, not that we have any reason yet to think there is a station like this. just speculation...

the reason I think the smokie didnt do anything to Eko the first time is it didn't read a portion of his mind/he wasn't ready to admit to certain parts of his life...since now he revealed more/adimted more to his own life...he was prepared to die...

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 02:27:23 AM »
Also, we see light & dark co-existing in the Backgammon chips, Locke's weirded out eyes in Claire's dream, Adam & Eve's stones, etc.

So, one Smoky could possess both qualities.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 03:00:26 AM by PrincessLeia »

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 03:20:42 AM »
do we have a location on where the smokies are being seen, it seems like only around certain parts of the island...

Good question.  I'm not aware of any maps of Smokie's whereabouts, but now that you mention it, he seems to hang out near downed aircraft.  He was near the losties' camp until the tide came and swept the fuselage out to sea.  Then we haven't seen Smokie there since then.  He hung out around the drug plane.  He was where the cockpit/front of the plane crashed.  When Rousseau took a party of losties to the Black Rock, we don't really know where they were when they saw him.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 03:23:56 AM »
Didn't Danielle call it the "Dark Territory?"  Not sure if that's on her/Sayid's map.

Offline Mayaboy3d

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 05:19:10 PM »
Good idea PrincessLeia, thinking back to Locke and the backgammon chips, and the whole dark and light thing. Was this a symbolic display of Smokey? We know he can see peoples pasts, and so because of Eko's dark past, Smokey became symbolically dark.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 10:49:03 AM »
I think it was dark and angry because it was challengeing eko and not getting what it wanted from him.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 11:01:27 AM »
I'm not convinced there are 2 smokies - I think it just depends on who is looking at it - I wonder what Charlie saw from up in the tree - did he and Ecko ever discuss it?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 12:49:34 PM »
I'm not convinced there are 2 smokies - I think it just depends on who is looking at it - I wonder what Charlie saw from up in the tree - did he and Ecko ever discuss it?

No because they never discuss anything on this show!!!

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 07:00:33 PM »

No because they never discuss anything on this show!!!

Charlie did comment about the "swirling black smoke."

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 07:01:53 PM »
That was not much of a discussion. Then eko blew him off.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 07:05:25 PM »
true...that doesn't exactly qualify as much of a discussion.  :) Jut notating that Charlie (like the viewers) could see that it was black.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 07:22:20 PM »
true...that doesn't exactly qualify as much of a discussion.  :) Jut notating that Charlie (like the viewers) could see that it was black.

Thats true. It does prove that they both saw it at the same time.