Author Topic: What happens to the dead bodies?  (Read 3713 times)

BlackrockBob

What happens to the dead bodies?
« on: November 04, 2006, 11:30:27 AM »
After I watched Cost of Living, it hit me that Smokie took them. That would explain Christian's missing body, Kelvin's body we never saw again, and Yemmi's body.

I found it interesting that the Others gave Coleen a viking funeral. Maybe they didn't want to bury the body, because they knew it would be taken by Smokie.

Where does everyone else think the bodies go?

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: What happens to the dead bodies?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 06:22:45 PM »
I think the others take them - but then again I am going with my theory that the others control smokey and they are the voices we can hear, some sort of Island CCTV, so I kind of agree that it is smokey taking the bodies. I think the others can see through smokey and control it physically.

Or

We don't yet know if there is another group of hostiles - maybe it is them controling smokey in which case it would be reasonable to think the others gave Colleen that kind of funeral to keep her away from them.

mindsparkle

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 06:42:34 PM »
We don't yet know if there is another group of hostiles - maybe it is them controling smokey in which case it would be reasonable to think the others gave Colleen that kind of funeral to keep her away from them.

I like this, even if Smokie isn't controlled by any human it could still be something the others have no control of and they remove their dead from the island...

question?  if Smokie takes the dead, why don't they look like the corpses they are?  I think Smokie just materializes as the image of the dead from a person's mind... I'll have to think about this... interesting.

Offline sadavidas

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 07:49:28 PM »
When Jack saw his dad is Season 1 it was the smoke monster taking the form of him. 

Book it.

mindsparkle

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 10:11:34 PM »
Oh, I agree, I think all the visions and dreams have been produced by Smokie... I've always believed that... in fact, I stated that Vincent was an aberration of Smokie as well... except for Dave, Hurley did that one on his own, IMHO, he did it before off the island...

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 10:30:30 PM »
When Jack saw his dad is Season 1 it was the smoke monster taking the form of him. 

Book it.
I'm not sure on this... I rather think it was a hallucination since no one else saw it. I think that the horse that Kate and Sawyer saw might have been Smoky tho.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 04:14:02 AM »
I've been wondering why the Others didn't bury Goodwin's body.  They could have gone to take his body and done whatever it is they prefer to do for funerals.  They just left him there to rot.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 09:48:25 PM »
We do not know that Goodwin was not buried. We have no information on him after anna lulu killed him.

But we know that the Marshall's body was still there since they dug it up. Adam and eve's are there 40 years later. Even Yemi's was there for years before it went missing. The graves of the others (Anna lulu, libby, boone etc) have been left un changed. So I do not think we can come up with one theory on the bodies.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 03:59:04 AM »
The taillies didn't bury Goodwin.  When they set out with Jin, Sawyer, and Michael to find the losties' camp, Eko and one of the Losties (Jin?) came across his body still impaled on Ana Lulu's stick.  I don't remember what day it was.  Maybe 48?

Michelle13

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 06:28:20 AM »
That is a weird detail that I overlooked until someone said it in the Christian is dead or alive thread. Good thoughts..still can't find out where I want to put my thoughts at on this one. It's confusing.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 09:50:08 AM »
The taillies didn't bury Goodwin.  When they set out with Jin, Sawyer, and Michael to find the losties' camp, Eko and one of the Losties (Jin?) came across his body still impaled on Ana Lulu's stick.  I don't remember what day it was.  Maybe 48?

I don't recall this scene.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 09:52:43 AM »
Maybe the smokie can only take the form of the person only if it takes the body of the dead person. This would cover Yemi and Christian(sob). That would mean walt was not smokie but Walt projecting (or whatever you would call it) himself. THis would fit since Ms. Clugh asked Michael if he ever saw Walt where he was not suppose to be.

Michelle13

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 06:44:50 PM »

Juggy!! You don't remember this one? It's when Michael, Sawyer, and Jin are going trekking with Anna Lulu's crowd back to their beach...but Michael feels the need to go after "HIS BOY". So Jin jumps bad and decides to follow after Michael to bring him back, but Eko stops him...then decided to help Jin find his friend. I can't remember exactly who ran across the body...I thought it was Eko and Jin, but now I'm having second thoughts...but whoever it was ran across Goodwin still nasty and on the stick.

That help any??

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 07:01:03 PM »

Juggy!! You don't remember this one? It's when Michael, Sawyer, and Jin are going trekking with Anna Lulu's crowd back to their beach...but Michael feels the need to go after "HIS BOY". So Jin jumps bad and decides to follow after Michael to bring him back, but Eko stops him...then decided to help Jin find his friend. I can't remember exactly who ran across the body...I thought it was Eko and Jin, but now I'm having second thoughts...but whoever it was ran across Goodwin still nasty and on the stick.

That help any??

I think it was  S2E5.  Jin & Eko find his body, & Eko says,"His name was Goodwin."  Jin says, "Others?"  & Eko confirms this, but it was before "The Other 48 Days," so we were being led to believe that he was a tailie & the Others did that to him, not that he WAS an Other. 

I can't believe you don't remember this.  :)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 11:25:14 AM »
I do apologize! lol I remember every thing that Chelle describes but not them finding the body. I have watched every episode about 5 times. Oh well, I am getting older! I believe you guys