Author Topic: PATCH  (Read 11010 times)

Offline justaguess

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: PATCH
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2006, 12:50:47 PM »
Something I noticed, not sure if it means anything....

We see so many shots of peoples eyes and patchy is missing one.  Perhaps that is how Smokey reads peoples thoughts/past - there is something in their eyes.  If so, Patchy may have found a way around it.

"If thy right eye offends thee, pluck it out."

Another scripture reference.

Just a thought.....

Offline YouAllEverybody

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2006, 12:54:36 PM »
Justaguess, I like that one, very intuitive.. Let's roll with that!

Offline ButchFitz

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2006, 07:46:11 PM »
Does anyone remember that show Malcolm in the Middle? if so, do you remember that sergeant/general man who was in charge of Malcolm's brothers bootcamp? He also had one eye, and a hook if i'm not mistaken, and he looks an awful lot like Patches.
Completely irrelevant, but comical none the less.

p.s. his name was Commandant Spangler.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 07:56:50 PM by ButchFitz »

Offline YouAllEverybody

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2006, 09:48:36 PM »
It's not because he wears a patch, is it?

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2006, 12:39:14 AM »
The symbolism in this show is really quite past anything else on TV.  I like the idea of there being a reason the eye is out, but I think Smokey has other means of reading peoples thoughts and pasts. 

Offline YouAllEverybody

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2006, 02:47:00 AM »
agreed

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2006, 10:50:28 AM »
The symbolism in this show is really quite past anything else on TV.  I like the idea of there being a reason the eye is out, but I think Smokey has other means of reading peoples thoughts and pasts. 

I agree. In season one Jack saw his father, but never encountered smokie. Kate saw the horse, but never encountered smokie either. Here's a bit of speculation....

Smokie caused the plane to crash. Sayid said that it was a miracle anyone survived the crash because the fuselage landed on the island and should have cartwheeled through the jungle before coming to rest on the beach. Maybe smokie wanted some of the fuselage passengers to survive the crash, but did not really care about the rest (including the tail section). After all, even extreme turbulence does not separate a plane into three pieces BEFORE it crashes.

Maybe smokie can read minds, but I'm betting that it is programmable. Information about the survivors was programmed in by someone and it is simply using information from that programming as a guide for its actions.

Just a feeling that I have really, not much evidence to back it up.