Author Topic: Something Whispered before Eko gets it?  (Read 3663 times)

Offline CirsR

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Something Whispered before Eko gets it?
« on: November 03, 2006, 04:39:25 PM »
Im just after watching the episode on my laptop with earphones and I'm fairly sure I heard a very faint whisper of some sort just before the monster strikes Eko.

Did anyone else hear it? Check it out.

Anyone have any fancy software that could extract the audio or isolate that particular bit.   ???

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Something Whispered before Eko gets it?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 05:12:14 PM »
It says, "get in my belly..."

or maybe that was something else entirely.

Offline Lostatwork

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 05:38:58 PM »
They want you to believe its what Locke said Eko whispered to him.... "we're next" but with this show... I'm not sure if that's Locke's opinion.... or what!

Offline DoomSter

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 06:24:07 PM »
lostatwork he's not talking abt after smokey got him, but before it ?!

well it also got my attention, i think he said something like " blood is my ship, my shadow don't" i am sure of the part of "my shadow don't" or " shadow dot? or doomed ??" and actually he continues to whisper just be smokey gets him Maybe, it's a prayer or something. We really need some confirmation on what he said

Offline YouAllEverybody

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 05:55:36 AM »
It's actually a prayer, I'm not religious, but I've seen enough death scenes in movies and such to know he says "The lord is my shepherd, I shall not want..." Don't know the rest, but it's true nonetheless! Hope I helped!

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 11:37:23 AM »
It's actually a prayer, I'm not religious, but I've seen enough death scenes in movies and such to know he says "The lord is my shepherd, I shall not want..." Don't know the rest, but it's true nonetheless! Hope I helped!
if you remember, Eko burnt the drugs plane with Yemi's body inside, along with Charlie saying the same prayer together.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 12:22:09 PM »
Im just after watching the episode on my laptop with earphones and I'm fairly sure I heard a very faint whisper of some sort just before the monster strikes Eko.

Did anyone else hear it? Check it out.

Anyone have any fancy software that could extract the audio or isolate that particular bit.   ???

He is saying that smokie whispers correct?? Not what eko says before dying.

Offline CirsR

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 09:06:11 PM »

He is saying that smokie whispers correct?? Not what eko says before dying.

Im not sure if it was smokie that whispered, I just heard a whisper, a few words. Its just after Eko says the "Lord is my shepherd..." bit

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 09:48:58 PM »
I went back a watched it again, I also hear the whispering now. It is faint and I do not know what it said, but there was whispering.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 10:06:29 PM »
"The Lord is my shepherd"  is from Psalms 23.  This brings me back to something I mentioned before about "The 23rd Psalm."  When Charlie and Eko burned the drug plane they both recited the 23rd Psalm, but they both got the words wrong.  In unison, got the words wrong.  They both said "Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death".  I didn't hear any whispering, but the audio on my tv is just standard stereo.  Maybe someone with fancy surround sound and multiple speakers can tell us if there was spooky whispering.  Please?