Author Topic: The many signs of Juliette  (Read 10515 times)

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: The many signs of Juliette
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2006, 12:00:18 PM »
Jack wouldn't kill Ben on purpose, but the surgery is very risky.  And he hasn't done a thorough examination of Ben.  Maybe it's too late to save him.  But you know Jack.  He never quits once he starts.  I think he won't operate at all.

Offline msdoran

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2006, 01:06:32 PM »
I just wanted to add another two cents to this great discussion. I have worked with PhD's, and academics before, and they are undoubtedly very smart especially when they have time to think things through. Their faults are that they can get really cocky, and can also be very quick to underestimate a person who they feel is not at their same intelligence level, and I think this is the case here. They are faced with working with people from many different walks of life, and will not always make the correct decisions.  I think they are going to overestimate their abilities, and underestimate the losties, and this should make for some interesting drama after the (you're not going to miss lost for three months are you?) break.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2006, 01:09:01 PM »
I hope you are right because we need the 3 losties to get off the alcatraz and reunited in the near future.

Offline msdoran

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2006, 01:20:18 PM »
Seems to me that there is still a societal structure in the others village. They have lower IQ folks who provide security (pickett, etc), do manual labor, etc, while people with advanced degrees and education (Juliet, and I am sure others) are in more management type of positions.  They look at the big picture.

The problem is that we just don't know enough about the Others social structure to be able to even make an educated guess.

Juliet says there are others who think like her, and want there to be a change, so there has to also be people who are pretty happy with the status quo and are happy with Ben.

I'll tell you who I would be vary wary of, and that is Mr. Friendly. he is both smart, and capable of violence. He reminds me of an old Seargant in the military, a high level NCO, and ask anyone in the Military and they will tell you that it is the NCO's who run the military on a day to day basis.

So another question to speculate about. What would the others do to Juliet if they find out what she is planning?

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2008, 03:02:13 PM »
I agree with everyone on the board here that says no "other" should be trusted... although.. I'm starting to think that there might be TWO groups of others on the islands...

I'm starting to think so too. I just don't think it's clearly defined at the moment.