Author Topic: The many signs of Juliette  (Read 13871 times)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: The many signs of Juliette
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2006, 07:21:37 PM »
It's a fun idea, but let's whittle away the more improbable bits until we have the most likely scenario.

- Ben saw his own x-rays long ago and saw the obvious tumor.
- He found out a spinal surgeon fell from the sky
- He concocted a plan to abduct that Dr and other characters for their particular usefulness
- This convoluted plan involved coercing Jack into wanting to do the surgery1
- Juliet saw an opportunity and began her own counter-play
- She manipulated events so that Jack would see the X-rays2
- Ben was duped into confirming that the X-Rays were his.

I think Jack is going to murder Ben and be sorry (literally...as in repenting) about it later.  Ben was probably keeping the fractured Others under control in the way only a tyrant can...through unpleasantness.  Without him, things are going to get worse for the Losties.

1Whenever the show addresses confidence games, this is a predominant theme: trick them into wanting to go along.
2The hood could've been left on until Jack entered the operating room. Wasn't she the one doing the reassuring when others were concerned about him seeing the medical area they were in? 

I agree with all of this except that I do NOT think Jack will kill Ben.  He'll operate to save him & try to help Juliet in another way.  He'll try to do both.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2006, 07:30:36 PM »
It would be very hard to believe that Juliette came up with the card idea the day that the plane crashed. Way to many variables for her to do that. She did it very recent for all the reasons that Creflo said.

I hate disagreeing with ladybug, but sometimes it happens :'(

If Jack kills Ben on purpose how long do you think he will sob for??

(its a joke chelle ;D)

Offline QUACKY

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2006, 08:41:03 PM »
I don't think Juliette and Ben are in on this particular scam together.  Juliette was not upset with Ben for anyone's sake but ours before the plane crashed.  I don't "trust" her and I hope Jack won't.  I think she wants to be in charge and she want's to convince Jack to kill Ben on the operating table (which I don't think he would do because of his hypocratic oath).  I don't trust anyone who has to keep telling me to trust them.  Everyone thinks Ben is the bad one but maybe not...the others have been saying that "we don't kill" to those we know HAVE killed.  She convinces Jack to do it so she doesn't have to.

Offline lostcause

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2006, 08:48:36 PM »
Ben was conning Jack once more. Jullite asking Jack to boff Ben would endear our hero to the villan. Thus Jullitte a mere player in the twisted mind of Ben. :o

Offline stephen

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2006, 11:14:21 PM »
I think Juliette is sincere. She wants Ben gone but I don't see in her any lust for power (taking Bens spot as leader). I don't think this is a con that her and Ben are in on together. Whenever Ben is unconcious under the knife theres not going to be anything he can do no matter what Jacks decision is. I think Juliette loves Jack and has been falling for him since the first day they met.

What I base all of this on is the behavior between Juliette and Ben. If they were friendly with each other while not in Jacks presense then I would suspect her of a trick. But it just doesn't make sense to me.

Offline HurleysGirl

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2006, 10:30:31 AM »
Personally, I think it would rock if Jack botched the operation, then found inner peace/redemption so he could be killed off ;D ;D ;D  Much rather see Jack go than my man Eko fer shure.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2006, 10:37:27 AM »
Personally, I think it would rock if Jack botched the operation, then found inner peace/redemption so he could be killed off ;D ;D ;D  Much rather see Jack go than my man Eko fer shure.
i like your line of thinking!! 

good to see you, been missing you in these parts!

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2006, 11:25:17 AM »
I'm sorry if this has already been adressed, but at the beginning of Season 3, Juliet seemed very upset before the Book Club, so she may have recorded that just before the opening scene. Very interesting stuff, great find!
If this is true, this must mean that the crash was planned, all these chosen people (Jack, Kate, Sawyer) are relevant to the Others in some way.
Also, this must mean that what everything is happening to Jack is pre-meditated some while ago, all these mind games being set apon him.

Michelle13

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2006, 03:07:26 PM »
It would be very hard to believe that Juliette came up with the card idea the day that the plane crashed. Way to many variables for her to do that. She did it very recent for all the reasons that Creflo said.

I hate disagreeing with ladybug, but sometimes it happens :'(

If Jack kills Ben on purpose how long do you think he will sob for??

(its a joke chelle ;D)

Premeditated card writing, isn't that an offense worthy of life in prison.

LOL

And juggy must pay for the sobbing comments.  >:(

I think the cards were made while Jack was there in captivity.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2006, 05:31:53 PM »

She lloks to be wearing the same clothes on the TV as she is in the book club but her hair is different - her hair is also different to how she looks showing Jack the tapes and she is wearing different clothes. Since you can change your clothes and tie your hair back anytime it doesn't really give any clue as to when it was filmed - I wouldn't trust her though, I think it's part of a con

Offline jodeci

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2006, 05:43:58 PM »
I'm sorry if this has already been adressed, but at the beginning of Season 3, Juliet seemed very upset before the Book Club, so she may have recorded that just before the opening scene. Very interesting stuff, great find!
If this is true, this must mean that the crash was planned, all these chosen people (Jack, Kate, Sawyer) are relevant to the Others in some way.
Also, this must mean that what everything is happening to Jack is pre-meditated some while ago, all these mind games being set apon him.

what if juliet is in on the whole thing, but benry isn't?   like, whoever juliet works for, dharma, hanso, widmore, whoever, she's known all along and been in on the whole everybody on the plane, the plane crashes, our chosen losties survive etc, and benry is just a pawn in her game?  maybe she is 'him' or a close associate of 'him'  and there is a whole other thing going on than what benry thinks

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2006, 06:22:58 PM »
It just is to far fetched to think that they planned this 69 days ago, Again way to many variables to predict, even in a tv show.

Offline YouAllEverybody

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2006, 03:04:16 AM »
I agree with everyone on the board here that says no "other" should be trusted... although.. I'm starting to think that there might be TWO groups of others on the islands...

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2006, 10:11:45 AM »
Juliet will lead the 'Nothers in a revolt after Jack murders Ben. 

Jack's sin will finally give the Smoke a reason to judge him and he'll be asked to repent.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2006, 11:13:11 AM »
Interesting thought, but I don't think Jack will kill Ben, I am not sure he will even get the opportunity to because something may happen to change everything.