Author Topic: The many signs of Juliette  (Read 12526 times)

Offline WartHog

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
The many signs of Juliette
« on: November 03, 2006, 03:48:57 AM »
I'm relatively new to the forum, so don't know if this has been addressed yet.  I was freeze-framing through last night's episode where Juliette is on the VCR video and showing the cards to Jack.  On the recorded VCR video, Juliette is recording herself in her own home from 'A Tale of Two Cities' (3x1).  I checked the backgroung in the VCR video and it has the same white columns and candles that we see in episode 3x1.  So we know Juliette recorded herself in what we know as her house in the Others village.  This leads to questions of timeline and of geography.  Maybe Sledge can help me with the timeline, but I sort of assumed that Juliette came into Jack's cell to show him the video soon after the funeral (maybe 6-10 hours).  Does this mean she left from the funeral and went back to the Others village, recorded the video, and returned to the Hydra to show it to Jack in a short period of time?  How far away is the Others Village from the Hydra station?  From the con revealed to Sawyer last week, It seemed like quite a haul and on two different islands.  I also saw that in the VCR video that Juliette appears to be wearing a long-sleaved purple shirt with a plunging neckline.  She is wearing a similar or the same whirt in Episode 3x1.  If it is the same shirt, she either a)wears it a lot or b)recorded the video on the same day that flight 518 fell from the sky.  Is that a little crazy or what.  The production people seem to pay alot of attention to the clothing that every character wears.  (The losties have to have the same clothes for long lengths of time, etc.)  It opens a whole other can of worms if Juliet is videotaping herself with the cards on the same day that the plane falls from the sky.  discuss....

mindsparkle

Re: The many signs of Juliette
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 03:56:41 AM »
I noticed that too, that she was in her house wearing the same clothing but I had not put it together that she is at the Hydra station, so when did she tape this?  Hmmm.... something sounds fishy to me...  I do believe that Ben and Juliet are masters of deception and both are in on the "video" moment... and this just further illustrates to me how contrived the tape is... good observation and welcome to the boards!

Offline Jas0n

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 06:09:41 AM »
very interesting, but are we 100% sure that shes wearing the exact same clothes that she was wearing when FLIGHT 815 crashed?  maybe she just likes the shirt?

Offline Jas0n

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 06:18:49 AM »
I just went back and re-watched the beginning of 'a tale of two cities and the part from "the cost of living" and it does appear that she is wearing the same exact clothes... a purple v neck long sleeve shirt and dark colored jeans... 

Michelle13

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 06:31:33 AM »
Warthog, first I want to say welcome to SWLS. Glad you chose to post your thoughts and questions here. Second, I want to say that another site had a visitor that posted this idea and was  attacked for it, so I am glad to see my SWLS addicts are very nice when approaching this topic. YAY Third, I hadn't noticed this detail until I read that other site...and it's a very good question. I'm not that big on details and remembering them, but where is the village compared to the Hydra?? I would think fairly close and that they could go home to sleep or what have ya...but that is my FIRST thought. LOL I like your questions...got me thinking.  ;)

BlackrockBob

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 07:18:10 AM »
Great catch!

I think she recorded that tape a long time ago, maybe not on the day the plane crashed, but maybe when they found out that a spinal surgeon survived the crash. So maybe a few weeks after the crash, she wore the same clothes and recorded it. Ethan didn't come back with the list. He came back with Claire, right? So they didn't know Jack was survived until then.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 09:19:31 AM »
Its been 69 days roughly since the crash.  What?  You don't repeat your clothes that often?  I do.  It has nothing to do with wearing the same clothes so often.

As to getting from Hydra to village and back... this is a good point.  Many believe Hydra is on small island and village on large island.  This would necessitate there being some type of high speed transport system between the two locals.... unless the trekkers think we have transporter capabilities.... Beam me up, Benny.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 09:34:46 AM »
I mentioned this somewher around these parts. We have not seen where they live on the hydra island, never see any houses there. So my guess is that they go back and forth to their home village maybe by sub or their new sailboat.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 09:37:12 AM »
If it was all a big con and Ben and Juliet are conspiring to fool Jack, I don't think they would be so short-sighted as to pre-film the cards and forget to wear the same clothes.

Jack has nothing to do by sit and think while he's in solitary.  He'd put it together.

I would also like to express welcome to WartHog and thank him for the great post.  I came from other forums and have found this to be far-and-above the best one to discuss lost.  Very nice, smart people here.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 10:05:47 AM »
Good point on the con job issue.  Ben has already said we were going to "turn" you... con him into using his surgical skills to save Ben.  Also made a point of telling Sawyer that they were better con artists than he is.  Did these two things in consecutive episodes to emphasize the point.  Conning and deception is there game.  Dressing up as vagabonds early on... very consistent methods.

So are they playing a "good other, bad other" tactic on Jack now?  Tell him they were going to con him but are dropping it... get's his guard down.  Now use Ben vs Juliet  (looks like Sarah) tactic.  We'll know soon enough..

BlackrockBob

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 10:15:01 AM »
Good point Lostfromthestart.
Good Other/Bad Other. Ben admitting that they WERE going to break them, appears to be part of the deception.

Jack will stay with the Others, at least for a while.

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 10:29:08 AM »
Well, we know it was premeditated by Juliet, because she put up the x-rays for Jack to see.  Juliet was very shrewd to use the occasion of Col's death to show these to Jack.  When Ben asked about showing the x-rays, she didn't deny it - she turned the tables on Ben.

Juliet is a great "actress", as you can see from her ability to draw in Jack and to fool Ben.

Oh - and she might be wearing the same clothes because they shot the scenes at the same time to save them from having to prep that set again.  Too bad she didn't get a scar at some time so we could pin-point.

However, all that matters is that Juliet pre-planned the coup, and they could be going back and forth to the village every night (we lost 2 days here - remember when Sayid asked how long Eko had been that way?).

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 10:47:08 AM »
Hardly is the same day the plane crashed. Ben told the spies to report back in 3 days.
Still that tape can be days and days old, since took days to attract Mike to their trap, send him back, and trap the 3.
We are even ignoring why Ben got caught in the trap of Rousseau. If he wasn't alone, why nobody freed him?
He was alone, and going for Locke.
When they got forced to rescue Ben, THAT might be the day Juliette decided to double-cross him.
AGAIN, I still not sure if that's Ben in those x-rays. This tape might be that plan to make Jack look as a traitor to the survivors, I said before.

Offline ysaric

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 11:04:10 AM »
As to getting from Hydra to village and back... this is a good point.  Many believe Hydra is on small island and village on large island.  This would necessitate there being some type of high speed transport system between the two locals.... unless the trekkers think we have transporter capabilities.... Beam me up, Benny.

Isn't there already some speculation about this given the apparent visual distance of the village from the crash sites from a recent episode?  Two Others managed to make it a rather obscene distance in a short period of time to join the survivors.  Maybe it's not just Hydra to the village but . . . well, I'm not sure what it would be except that it would be a more general purpose high speed transportation system than just Hydra to the Village.

I predict this mystery will never be addressed.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 11:36:45 AM »
It is 60 days or so from when they saw the plane crash until they captured the three, It has only been about 3 days of captivity. The others were likely in their village until only recently when the captured the three. The clothes should be irrelevant. They did not plan the card idea 65 days ago.