Author Topic: Why Eko died..........  (Read 6950 times)

Michelle13

Re: Why Eko died..........
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 06:34:32 AM »
Spoiler
Actually I heard he wasn't rude or hard to work with, just stayed in character. Which I guess is comparable to someone you are working with that is just there to do their job and not make it social hour or something along those lines. Or the straight A student at school compared to the kids that are involved in the social groups more than the studies. It's not an insult to either sides, just a comparison. Eko was a good character, but I can see why the character could be misconstrued as rude or hard to work with.   
Just my 2 cents worth

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 09:42:58 AM »
Spoiler
Actually I heard he wasn't rude or hard to work with, just stayed in character. Which I guess is comparable to someone you are working with that is just there to do their job and not make it social hour or something along those lines. Or the straight A student at school compared to the kids that are involved in the social groups more than the studies. It's not an insult to either sides, just a comparison. Eko was a good character, but I can see why the character could be misconstrued as rude or hard to work with.   
Just my 2 cents worth

I am not sure why these are spoiler tagged, he is dead no spoiler there. Podcast said he only wanted to work for one year on the show, they got him to go a little longer so his death was not with Anna lulu's death.

Michelle13

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 06:54:31 AM »
Spoiler
Just my 2 cents worth

I am not sure why these are spoiler tagged, he is dead no spoiler there. Podcast said he only wanted to work for one year on the show, they got him to go a little longer so his death was not with Anna lulu's death.

Can't remember why I tagged it...but was being safe I guess. SOrry.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 10:40:03 AM »
Spoiler
Just my 2 cents worth

Can't remember why I tagged it...but was being safe I guess. SOrry.

It is ok, i was just wondering. Maybe I was breaking a rule. I do  appreciate better safe than sorry.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2006, 02:50:42 AM »
Adewale wasn't a robot, period. Probably he gave a lot of headaches to the directors, writers and producers, BUT at the end those problems turned to profits. I doubt without the things he added Eko would be a so popular character.
There is a difference between demand 100 white towels and swiss water, and demand a name or a history for the character, and most important, that demand returning results.
Still, this whole Eko thing is making clearer to me that the writing team is getting worst and isn't good enough to hold the good background the producers made.

Offline a_dot_out

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 03:30:57 PM »
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje discusses the current libel and slander against him with the New York Post:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11032006/tv/mr__eko_no_pain_in_the_neck_o_tv_don_kaplan.htm

November 3, 2006 by Don Kaplan
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, the soft-spoken British actor whose character, the hulking Mr. Eko, was killed off "Lost" this week, does not understand why there are rumors circulating that he may have been difficult to work with.

"I've heard speculation that I left 'Lost' because I wasn't happy," Akinnuoye-Agbaje, 39, told The Post yesterday.

"When a star character on a hit show chooses to leave there's always speculation as to whether or not they've done this or that or not gotten along with this or that person. Straight up: it ['Lost'] was probably one of the best relationships I've ever had in terms of developing a character, and I think the character [Mr. Eko] will be a testament to that."

Akinnuoye-Agbaje, a Buddhist, says that perhaps his acting methods were misinterpreted because he didn't talk to anyone while he was on the set and stayed in character as Eko - even off-camera - until the end of the day.

"The only way I know how to deliver [on set] is to focus; some people can turn it on or off - I'd rather stay in character. There was no socializing. I would start two hours before I went to the set and I wouldn't say any other words other than the ones that I needed to say, that's just the way I work and I think that intensity comes across in my characters."

He says that during his downtime he would sit quietly by himself and read from his book of Buddhist scriptures.

Mr. Eko, the beloved but enigmatic African drug lord-turned-priest, was killed on "Lost" by the immense smoke monster that he had once faced down in one of the most intense scenes from last season. Wednesday the monster wrapped itself around Eko and slammed him repeatedly against the trunks of huge, tropical trees. "I think the monster can only prey upon those with weak or evil souls," says Akinnuoye-Agbaje.

Then, giving his take on the "Lost" mythology behind the deadly attack, he says that last season, the monster, "kind of checked Eko out and saw he was a man who was steadfast in his faith, couldn't penetrate and therefore had to retreat and do its homework on him."

Akinnuoye-Agbaje is now working on a semi-autobiographical film he's written and will star in about the experience of African immigrants in Europe.

...aaaaand scene.

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 04:36:18 AM »
 So if I read the premise of the first post correctly, it went something like this:

"MrEko's death was another plan by TheMan to keep a Brothah down?"

damn crackahs.  ;D

It has been reported that AAA's contract was not a long-term contract, just the same as the other actors.  AAA was unsatisfied with receiving the script the DAY of shooting, giving him little time to prepare--and he was frustrated.  (I don't blame him.  Personally, I don't know how Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Locke/Hurley did the S2 finale with less than 1 days script reading--let alone shooting dual epis at the same time.)

AAA had input into how he would leave the show and coincidentally--it was AAA who came up with the name "MR Eko" as opposed to "Eko" which was what was originally written into the show.  AAA felt that, given the impending storyline, that MrEko put him on the same path in recognition or in search of faith as "MrLocke"--which I thought was a brilliant idea.

Nonetheless, Damn TheMan for keepin a Brothah down!

cheers
*Des8

Offline Jordanoth

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 07:48:21 AM »
i like where your heads at des8