Author Topic: What did you like most about this episode? What did you dislike?  (Read 8799 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: What did you like most about this episode? What did you dislike?
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2006, 12:19:25 PM »
I have not confirmed the whispers when smokie is around. I have never noticed them. That one post was the first I heard of it.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2006, 02:48:27 PM »
There are whispers in the jungle and when the monster has been seen, you can find transcripts and recordings on other websites.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2006, 02:58:07 PM »
The show clearly told us why eko died. The smoke monster wanted Eko to repent, to confess, and when he refused to confess smokie killed him. It was told over and over in his flashbacks and in the visions that smokie gave eko. Confess, confess, confess. Eko did not so he died.

Other people will die also when their time for repenting or confessing comes and they don't do it.

Remember that Danielle called Smoky the "security system." I think that the smoke monster is protecting something on the island & Eko's lack of confession is made Smoky view him as a threat.  Hope that made sense... ???

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2006, 09:35:19 PM »
It makes sense to me. I think the others are afraid of it, that is why they don't like going to that side of the island much. They do not control smokie

Offline a_dot_out

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2006, 06:26:13 PM »
... a whole bunch of awesome stuff ...
I have been meaning to thank you for your thoughtful reply. I know I am not a super-active member here, but I look forward to further discussion!

:)

mindsparkle

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2006, 06:59:07 PM »
ah, cool a_dot, look forward to seeing you around... and with lost we have much to discuss!