Author Topic: What did you like most about this episode? What did you dislike?  (Read 10436 times)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: What did you like most about this episode? What did you dislike?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 01:18:59 PM »
I hated the new girl asking what the other "TV's" were for, then saying "maybe they show the other hatches"...as if every single Lost viewer didn't reach that same damn conclusion 3 seconds after Locke and Ecko first went down into the Pearl station...lol :) It was an anti-climatic revelation and even Locke saying "Well suddenly I feel very stupid" was not enough. Having Sayid take a grand total of 5 seconds to activate the other monitors didn't help matters...just made the entire scene seem forced.

And Ecko deserved a much better death and final episode. Although I will say that I kinda liked Ecko repeating the line of "You do not know who I am!" back to the guy in the church right before killing him...lol

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 01:40:58 PM »
Mindspark, i empathise with your conclusion at tyhe end of the epi... actually i have lost a little spark i had for the show and it will take one hell of an episode to have me where i was a few weeks back, eko was a fave character for me becuase of his one liners, and how he connected with locke ( was not impressed with him holding a knife to lockes neck last night) kind of made me think he was POSSESED somehow... but i was impressed how locke didnt back down and simply went on asking leading questions to eko... didnt like HOW eko died, but did like that he KNEW it was coming when he started rattling off "the lord is my jack "sheppard", i shalt not want...."... but i didnt like how MECHANICAL smokey is made to seem to us yet we dont see any strings or remote control antenna like we/i imagine someone whos controlling it would have... i am thinking that the most people who are offended/upset/angry/annoyed about this episode are the ones who knew a very good/great character is now gone and we have 2 newbies that annoy the living crap out of us taking up precious air time.. i dont want to know these people...if they were of any importance we would have known about them 2 seasons ago... now we have to be subjected to there crappy lines (which ARE NOT funny)... and have them tagging along on adventures that they will obviously be nagging (are we there yet).... im a lost junkie just like you/everyone else... i was also an x-files junkie too, and in that show you either sided with mulder and believed in the supernatural or you sided with scully in how everything is possible somehow thru science...  either way you slice and dice this show, i think we are all connected to a centain character by now and to be subjected to other characters that dont answer the questions we want answered leaves us less than fulfilled and more empty than we knew we were to begin with..

R.I.P Mr. Eko

mindsparkle

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 05:12:29 PM »
ozman776 and all the rest... some of us need to get that lovin' feelin' back... I hope next weeks episode is going to hit us with all the gusto we need... otherwise we have 17 weeks? to work out our frustrations with the show and get back on track...

A weird sensation hit me the other night, I've put so much energy into this show that I'll be damned if I'm not going to see it to the conclusion, even if dragged kicking and screaming!  I may become more of a cynic (doesn't look like the right word?)  but that will just challenge the rest of you... mmmmuuuuuuwwwwwaaaaa... 

I have to tell myself too, it's a tv show now enjoy yourself... this is your gift to yourself every Wednesday night, make it good!  Hope my pep talk helps... LOL 

and, thanks for the kinds words... it's nice to be wanted.... <blushes and falls out of chair>

Offline stephen

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 11:26:01 PM »
What I didn't like about the episode like everyone else said: Eko dying!
haha

But knowing that Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje asked to be written out of the show makes the episode understandable. If the writers had just decided to kill him off I would be pissed.

misspensinger

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 11:43:11 PM »
Mindsparkle, I love you and your post and if you stop I will hunt you down and it will not be pleasent!! ;)  Really tho, I do and I would...LOL

I hope something phenomenal happens just for you (OK and the rest of us too!).

scrod

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 12:10:50 AM »
I don't mind the newbies, although it is a little jarring to allofasudden have brand new folks thrust to the front.  I would like to see some lighthearted comic relief without a lot of backstory. 

misspensinger

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 12:15:34 AM »
Exactly!  I mean some Hurley humor could have done a lot for these newbies!  Instead they come off like redshirts and unfortunately, they are terrific actors in the past.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 01:54:32 AM »
Hurley coming out of the bathroom would of been much funnier. Hurley is just funny

misspensinger

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2006, 01:56:42 AM »
I know, too bad TPTB couldn't work in that humor for Rodrigo...

Offline YouAllEverybody

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2006, 06:48:04 AM »
I too thought the death of Eko was weak. Do you guys think that the only reason the Smoke got him was because he was wounded? It's clear he wasn't at full strength and he was clearly one of the stronger characters on the show....

Eko used to I guess, scare the smoke away, did anyone notice that the smoke was now stalking Eko, especially if the theory about the smoke manifesting itself as Yemmi and the Gang and the Altar boy is correct? I guess I just noticed that when Eko was at the creek, having a drink, and the smoke gathered behind him, the smoke bailed when Locke came around the corner.

Locke's got his faith back, is he now the soul Smoke-fighter?

I just joined, this show has got my mind racing. I'd love to hear from anyone!

scrod

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 09:53:26 AM »
Youalleverybody,
Good ideas, welcome aboard!

I think Eko died becasue he was judged by the smoke as deserving of death.  I think His actions of chasing Yemmi/Smokey led to his demise, which I still can't get my brain totally around. 

If he did not chase it and confront it, would he still be alive?  Was his lack of contrition for living his life another contirbuting factor?

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 11:30:27 AM »
What I liked: Paulo: (Flushing sound and door opens) "The toilet still works" Genius
What I disliked: Eko is dead.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2006, 05:37:17 PM »
I hated the fact that when the new chick inside the Pearl says after watching the orientation tape: "projects meaning plural."  Then Locke is like "Ohhhhh why didn't I think of that!"  That was so fricken lame and writers should be fired for that line and mistake.

I hated the new girl asking what the other "TV's" were for, then saying "maybe they show the other hatches"...as if every single Lost viewer didn't reach that same damn conclusion 3 seconds after Locke and Ecko first went down into the Pearl station...lol :) It was an anti-climatic revelation and even Locke saying "Well suddenly I feel very stupid" was not enough. Having Sayid take a grand total of 5 seconds to activate the other monitors didn't help matters...just made the entire scene seem forced.

I did think the same thing but then I wondered if Locke was being sarcastic?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2006, 12:12:27 PM »
The show clearly told us why eko died. The smoke monster wanted Eko to repent, to confess, and when he refused to confess smokie killed him. It was told over and over in his flashbacks and in the visions that smokie gave eko. Confess, confess, confess. Eko did not so he died.

Other people will die also when their time for repenting or confessing comes and they don't do it.

Michelle13

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2006, 12:15:47 PM »
I realize everything was pointing towards repentance and confession in a Catholic style. BUT, how can this "monster" decide what confession/repentance is? I thought I read somewhere that there are whispers while the monster is around?? Is that true?? This show confuses me lol