Author Topic: Yemi = Jesus  (Read 6058 times)

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Yemi = Jesus
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 01:19:29 AM »
the writers have woven religion into the show from the start pretty much  i dont think there is anything more to it then that 

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 11:22:49 AM »
i find this very interesting, and see the parallels.  i don't really know where the writers are going with it though.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 11:25:01 AM »
Didn't they push the plane up against the boulder when they moved it to get into the swan?

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 11:28:29 AM »
Didn't they push the plane up against the boulder when they moved it to get into the swan?

no but maybe to get into the pearl

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 04:33:29 PM »

Each episode showed the plane from different sides so Ecko probably put the boulders there - I wonder if the others moved Yemi's body and moved Christian's body out of the coffin. If they are somehow controlling the smoke monster, and it is the visions the losties see when they see people from their past, it would disturb them even more to find the bodies gone

(sorry if I'm not making sense with that - I know what I mean just can't put it to words)

Offline DaveDargo

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 06:46:35 AM »
Just to carry on the religion theme.  In the garden, after Eko wouldn't confess, Yemi denied knowing him "You talk to me like I'm your brother" Like one of Jesus' disciples denied him before he was crucified.  Of course this was after the whole resurrection scene so it probably wasn't.

On the other hand the quote may just mean that EKo was hallucinating and was really talking to someone else (the others, smokey)

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2006, 05:20:49 PM »
It was definitely an ambiguous statement

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 04:43:17 PM »
Just to carry on the religion theme.  In the garden, after Eko wouldn't confess, Yemi denied knowing him "You talk to me like I'm your brother" Like one of Jesus' disciples denied him before he was crucified.  Of course this was after the whole resurrection scene so it probably wasn't.

On the other hand the quote may just mean that EKo was hallucinating and was really talking to someone else (the others, smokey)
I took it to mean that Yemi was NOT his brother. Smoky took the form of Yemi (Which it had seen in the plane and from Eko's memories) and tricked Eko into trusting it.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 05:35:28 PM »
They really should show eko putting the boulder up against the plane. It is completly unexplained part of the show. Don't like the jumping of details.