Author Topic: We've seen the smoke monster before?  (Read 10553 times)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: We've seen the smoke monster before?
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 07:11:09 PM »
Hurley bird is just a joke with the producers. The first time it was on people swore it said Hurley. the producers did not try for this so they put it in again as a joke. It has nothing to do with the show or smokie

seriously?  I wouldn't have even noticed the bird except that the scene was played in such a was that I thought I was SUPPOSED to notice it.  You know what I mean...how there will be information introduced that you know you should file away for future reference?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2006, 07:21:24 PM »
Hurley bird is just a joke with the producers. The first time it was on people swore it said Hurley. the producers did not try for this so they put it in again as a joke. It has nothing to do with the show or smokie

seriously?  I wouldn't have even noticed the bird except that the scene was played in such a was that I thought I was SUPPOSED to notice it.  You know what I mean...how there will be information introduced that you know you should file away for future reference?

I know! The podcast specifically talked about it. The put the scene in with Hurley asking if it said his name as an inside joke to us obsessed fans.

Offline scott26

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2006, 09:02:59 AM »
Hey folks, Did anyone notice the strange (and faint)  mechanical noises in the distance when Kate and Sawyer are working on whatever it is the others are building in episode 5? To me it sounded pretty similar to the noise made by Smokey.

Also- if you remember, "Smokey" was able to uproot trees-pretty useful capability if you want to clear large areas of forestation-which is exacty what the others appear to be doing! Any thoughts?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2006, 10:05:06 AM »
Did not hear this at that time. Anyone confirm this??

scrod

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2006, 10:14:04 AM »
Hello, I am a long time reader and first time poster on this website.  I really enjoy reading this webpage, esp when I am at work. 

But the reason for my post is the sounds that the monster "smokey" makes.  Rose said the sounds are familiar to her.  This struck me as a weird thing to say because it was unlike anything i have ever hear before in my life.  While reading a few posts i saw that someone mentioned that Rose was from Brooklyn.  I just recently took a job in New York City and commute in from New Jersey.  Guess what, I heard the noise, It's the subway.

If you have ever been in a New York subway you hear the loud metal squeaking of the breaks, the chugging along when it is coasting in between stops.  If I am wrong I am sorry for wasting the time you spent reading this post but if I am right this could add a new dimension to "smokey." What if not only it was being controlled, but what if it is being driven?  It did try to take Locke underground!

Interesting. Doesn't the blast door map make reference to a subterranean conduit?

But every theory you I think of then there are exceptions to that rule. If it travels undergroung but it also floats around. It is small and large. It does nothing to eko then kills him. It makes mechanical noises but then takes the form of dead people. AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
But at least now we can be 98.7% sure that the visions are created by, or at least in concert with, the smoke monster. 
I vote that we also can be certain of how the pilot died.
The other question would be if this was the same thing that grabbed Locke and pulled him underground.

scrod

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2006, 10:16:52 AM »
I feel so ripped off! Don't people read the entire thread before posting?

Honestly, sometimes we will read back a page or so to get the gist of the conversation, other times will just throw something in.  Take it as validation that someone else believes the same as you. :)