Author Topic: Funeral Music  (Read 6461 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Funeral Music
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 08:35:08 PM »
I got this weird feeling like it was sorta cultish, especially with the white robes and all...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 12:06:06 PM »
I agree JB my first impression also

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 02:02:55 PM »
re: the white clothes- Cultish or strong Eastern religious influences.

re: setting her burning body adrift- Either they know that something (Smoky?) takes dead bodies (Yemmi, for instance), so this was done to keep that from happenning to hers OR it's simply a tradition adopted from another culture OR Cultish.

Not sure about the song (which is what this thread is about, isn't it.)  I have a feeling that we've heard Brenda Lee before, though.  Maybe I'm thinking of Patsy Kline.  I'll have to go back & check.

Offline Mitchny

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 02:44:01 PM »
I did not count them but I thought there should be more of the Others at the Funeral. Why not have the Funeral in Other village on main island. They would have to go home to get cloths...

My guess is that the music selection was just her favorate song.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 09:37:12 PM »
Smokie did not take the marshall body or adam and eve. It does not take all if even any bodies

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 12:36:06 AM »
Smokie did not take the marshall body or adam and eve. It does not take all if even any bodies

good point.  I've posted this theory a few times, but now you're making me rethink it.  I don't know....I've been processing this episode for 4 days now, & I still don't have any clarity. >:( :( :-\ :)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 01:19:41 PM »

good point.  I've posted this theory a few times, but now you're making me rethink it.  I don't know....I've been processing this episode for 4 days now, & I still don't have any clarity. >:( :( :-\ :)

I maybe contradicting myself and this would also say that Christian is dead(I still won't accept this) but maybe smokie takes the body of people it will turn into on the island. It did not take the other bodies because it did not need to become them. We have seen Yemi and Christian so did smokie need to take those bodies to become their image. The others may not want this to happen to Colleen.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2006, 06:02:07 PM »

I maybe contradicting myself and this would also say that Christian is dead(I still won't accept this) but maybe smokie takes the body of people it will turn into on the island. It did not take the other bodies because it did not need to become them. We have seen Yemi and Christian so did smokie need to take those bodies to become their image. The others may not want this to happen to Colleen.
that's pretty much what I was originally thinking.  Yemi was more or less partially decomposed & then incinerated, but I'm thinking Smoky needs bodies to take on their form (some type of physical DNA replication combined with psychic projection.)  Don't know how this fits with Kate's horse or Hurley bird or if it makes any sense at all. lol ??? :)