Author Topic: "We're next"  (Read 13402 times)

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: "We're next"
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 02:35:21 AM »
May I remind y'all that Smokie the Monster actually left Eko after he refused to confess, but Eko chased after Smokie.  Yes, Smokie did kill Eko, but Eko was chasing Smokie, so it may not have been Smokie's original intention to break Eko at that point.

Also, did you like that clicking noise that Smokie was making, like unto the other episodes, like when Walt appeared, etc.?  (I think the Walt apparition had the clickies, anyway.  At least one of the other "hallucinations" had it.)

If smokie had not intended to kill echo  it could have    * poofed*  at anytime and been gone

it does seem that Echos death was directly tied to his unwillingness to confess his sins and that smokie made a "judgement' about that decission

San Diego Johnny

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 02:39:38 AM »
If smokie had not intended to kill echo  it could have    * poofed*  at anytime and been gone

it does seem that Echos death was directly tied to his unwillingness to confess his sins and that smokie made a "judgement' about that decission

I agree it would have wisped away and the unwillingness to confess led to Eko's demise.  On by the way, this is a law nitpick, there is only one "e" in judgment.  :) 

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 02:42:17 AM »
LOL  so sue me ;)

and yes  i am making a jokee   ;D

i am just to lazy to use the spell check when i respond to things sometimes

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 02:52:52 AM »
actually i dont think he said that at all

what i heard was Smoke Monster.

go back and listen im pretty sure thats what he said

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 02:58:48 AM »
you could be right i just replayed the scene and it is not clear but to me but you could be right  it sort of sounded like smoke something

nice catch

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 03:02:24 AM »
May I remind y'all that Smokie the Monster actually left Eko after he refused to confess, but Eko chased after Smokie.

Not really, Echo chased after his brother...it hasn't been proved that Smokester can change into people...

There may be more than 1 Smokester come to think of it! Maybe a "communicator" and an "exterminator"...just a thought!

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 03:20:17 AM »
Tonight in chat, Linuses_Blanket did mention the cerebrus had three heads.  Are you going for something similar to that?

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 03:35:38 AM »
hmmm the 3 headed gaurd dog of hell
interesting link with the other religious themes in the show

BlackrockBob

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2006, 02:30:01 PM »
I think it is more that the other Survivors are next to be judged, not killed.

Eko wouldn't confess to doing anything he did to help people.
Does anyone really think that he was going to sell the vaccine? That was a trap for those
guys to come back and for Eko to kill them. He planned that. He gave the vaccine to the village, but he also caused them to loose a church.

Did anyone catch that Locke say Light when he looked at Smokie, but Eko saw black?

Offline kissinggabriela

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 02:37:46 PM »
Did anyone have close captioning on 1) when Eko was whispering to Locke and 2) when Ben was giving the eulogy?  Did the cc reveal anything?

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 03:32:31 PM »
Let me think..."you're next"...

I've got it!

It's so simple now...the island is actually the worlds most exculsive restaraunt and Smokester is the matre'de!  :D

...well, it's as good as some of the theories out there...

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 07:37:31 PM »
Did anyone have close captioning on 1) when Eko was whispering to Locke and 2) when Ben was giving the eulogy?  Did the cc reveal anything?

I had my CC on - and I didn't get anything from Eko or from Ben in the scenes in question.  My CC could be really cruddy though...it messed up some of the words other people said....

Offline deadpolarbear

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2006, 09:57:20 AM »
i had the impression that he told locke 'You're next' because he knew he had encountered smokie before.. then locke simply got his interpretation wrong...

Offline beanblog

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2006, 12:29:59 PM »
Yeah - the whole "You're next" think has me a bit confused.  But I'm atleast glad that Locke actually told us what he said rather than just seeing the big LOST letters and making us wait!

I think that Smokey is some kind of technology run amuck and may think he's God.  This would fit in well with the 3-head thing... a "trinity"?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006, 12:39:01 PM »
They are next to be judged not necessarily killed.