Author Topic: "We're next"  (Read 12904 times)

Offline Gordon Shumway

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: "We're next"
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2006, 11:27:26 PM »
What if the man with the eye patch was controlling the smoke monster from another station?

Flame...smoke...hmmm...

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2006, 02:23:22 AM »
What if the man with the eye patch was controlling the smoke monster from another station?

Flame...smoke...hmmm...

very interesting observation.

Also-  don't forget what Danielle called Smoky- the "security system."  What does a security system do, but protect something.  I think Smoky is guarding some aspect of the the island's secrets, & because Eko was so strong in who he was & what actions he took in his life, Smoky viewed him as a threat, so he killed him.  I think Eko's words to Locke were like a warning not to upset Smoky or they would face the same consequence.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »
Don't forget that when Locke and Ecko were talking about the monster Locke described it as a bright white light - is this because he hasn't any need to repent?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2006, 01:09:58 PM »

Flame...smoke...hmmm...

very interesting observation.

Also-  don't forget what Danielle called Smoky- the "security system."  What does a security system do, but protect something.  I think Smoky is guarding some aspect of the the island's secrets, & because Eko was so strong in who he was & what actions he took in his life, Smoky viewed him as a threat, so he killed him.  I think Eko's words to Locke were like a warning not to upset Smoky or they would face the same consequence.

I agree that it is protecting somethin,