Author Topic: The Lookalike debate  (Read 4478 times)

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
The Lookalike debate
« on: November 04, 2006, 05:24:39 PM »
Ok, so now we know that Juliette was specifically chosen because of her resembelance to Sarah

Will this influence Jack at all? - had he even noticed? - and could there be Christian alike playing games with him too?

Just interested in all your thoughts  :)

Offline jodeci

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: The Lookalike debate
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 05:46:56 PM »
there has to be some reason for all of the look alikes through out--the guy at locke's weed family looking like the guy in the other's camp, the guy that was pointed out last week that looked like michael. there's been more, but i can't remember them right now.  there's been a lot of investigations of people looking alike

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 06:19:40 PM »
I never thought the two woman look that much a like.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 06:25:32 PM »
it's in the eybrows, they're arch pluckers

Offline bayrodney

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 08:23:20 PM »
I can see similarities definatly. Besides the blonde hair they have similar eyebrows. Maybe it's just me but there mouths also have a resemblence to each other.
They're both hot as well :)

Offline ButchFitz

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 08:24:54 PM »
I think the comment from Ben about the resemblance between Juliette and Sarah was just the writers poking fun at all the fans obsessed over look a likes. In my opinion, the look a likes weren't cast on purpose, but are just coincidences. 

Offline sjforcum

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 10:09:05 PM »
Funny.  When I saw the first episode from this season, I thought she was Pen. 

Offline YouAllEverybody

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 09:49:15 AM »
I also thought she looked like Desmond's chick, of course, I had no idea that Season three would premiere a new character, right?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 12:04:13 PM »
I do believe their is a stronger resmbelence to Penelope and Juliette than to Sarah. I guess as a guy I was looking at more than just the face!!

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 06:55:06 AM »
I think the look alikes are part of the plot, not just a joke on us fans.  (If they make too many jokes on us it could be interpreted as an insult, and it's never smart to bite the hand that feeds you.)

I see a resemblance between Desmond and Paolo, partly because they move alike.

Nikki looks like Kate with blond hair.  Not real close, but like a family resemblance.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 07:05:45 AM by Sweet Old Lady »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 01:15:42 PM »
I don't believe it is a joke but I think it is a recurring theme that leads nowhere. There was a thread that pointed out many themes througout the show. The theory was that each writer was given a list of things to try to work into their story. This would include the numbers, black white, etc.(there were a lot more but I can't think of any now. and lunch is short) They did this to throw off the main mystery. I think the look alikes fall into the same catagory.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 06:19:57 PM »
I don't believe it is a joke but I think it is a recurring theme that leads nowhere. There was a thread that pointed out many themes througout the show. The theory was that each writer was given a list of things to try to work into their story. This would include the numbers, black white, etc.(there were a lot more but I can't think of any now. and lunch is short) They did this to throw off the main mystery. I think the look alikes fall into the same catagory.

Me too - but I like that

Offline Mayaboy3d

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 05:28:20 PM »
Funny, when I first watched the premiere, I coulda sworn she was Sarah. She also looks a lot like Pen, I must agree. There seriously is a great resemblance there, and I wonder why it took Jack so long to see this.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 06:29:16 AM »
Funny, when I first watched the premiere, I coulda sworn she was Sarah. She also looks a lot like Pen, I must agree. There seriously is a great resemblance there, and I wonder why it took Jack so long to see this.

yeah, I kinda figured Jack didn't have his wife on his mind for the first time

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 10:41:26 AM »
I just don't think they look that much a like. It is a full body image that he would notice. Not just a face. they are very much different looking in my opinion