Author Topic: New mysteries  (Read 21486 times)

BlackrockBob

Re: New mysteries
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2006, 02:34:35 PM »
1) Juliet is lying. She knows Jack won't kill a patient.
2) Patchie is going to be someone that worked with Radzinski, or had communication with him. So, and ex-Dharma employee.
3) The Black Smoke - Smokie is the Island's Judge/Jury/Executioner, an Angel?
4) Smokie. I'm assuming this would be a religious reference, so and Angel?
5) New Guy is just eye candy for the ladies.

Offline Haitoman

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2006, 02:58:21 PM »
Mystery Monocular Man on Lost location? -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawaii/278625077/in/set-72157594343632550/

If it's him, he's appearing in Juliet's flashback and his name is probably Burke.

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2006, 07:54:51 PM »
I 100% don't trust Juliet.
I 100% can't stand the new people.
I 100% think the smoke moster is the weirdest part of the whole show.

Michelle13

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2006, 08:09:15 PM »
1) Is Juliet being honest on the video?  Does she like Jack or was she playing him (like Ben said about it's not a coincidence that they're using Juliette to get to Jack b/c she looks like Sarah)?
2) who's the stranger in the eye patch?
3) What/who controls the black smoke fog?  And didn't Locke say that to him, it appeared as a bright light while it was clearly a dark smoke to Eko?
4) If it wasn't Yemi, who/what was it?
5) is the new guy just a stud with nothing smart to say?

* Nothing but my opinions..nothing factual*
-Juliet is lying. Either Ben sent her in there with this plan or she came up with it herself..which I highly doubt..but either way, it's a scam to get Jack broken. I've said it in several other places, what better way to make a person to fall for your con than to pump the ego until it is so overinflated that it covers your reasoning skills.
-The eye patch man is Captain Jack from the Black Pearl  :D I don't have a clue about this new face...but I did find it kinda odd that he looked at the camera, then broke it or whatever he did to shut it off. Makes me think he might've seen our losties watching him, now explain how.
-The smoke is a puff from a cig lit by a lostie. Heck, I don't even have a clue about this thing. I know it has ticked me off tho. Nearly insulting in a way.
-Apparently this smoke thingy can put itself into a human form, I do agree with that theory.
-The new guy and new girl both need to die. I don't like them.

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2006, 12:13:31 AM »
If smokie is taking the form of Yemi to Eko, would someone please explain how smokie was in the losties beach camp? Does it only come for one person at a time?  Is that why no one else saw it? 

Relating the Flame station and smokie is interesting...another connection would be the fire that "Yemi" started in Eko's tent.  Where there's smoke, there's fire. 

(Although I'm still having trouble making the mental leap to smoke that can take form and pick people up...)

San Diego Johnny

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2006, 02:24:31 AM »
no  there is no evidance of it at all
I have been asking that same question all along

at least we know it is not Kelvin and that it is a Live feed

it must be from the flame hatch if i remember correctly that is the only one we have not seen yet

and it also ends the theories that it had to be the swan hatch because of the computers 
I wish everyone would stop calling him Radzinsky then, damn it!  :D  Yes, it is a live feed, folks.  :)

mindsparkle

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2006, 03:16:30 AM »
hmmm, I hate to post unless I can add something meaningful to the discussion but I have so many opinions that I just can't help myself.

Juliet and Ben are master of deception.. they are playing Jack, Kate, Sawyer...  such an elaborate game, why?

If Smokie can be shapeshifter and grab people and thrash them about in smoke form; then Smokie can do just about anything... I think Smokie thinks he's a God! 

Lose the new people... awful, just pretty pieces of worthless flesh... (ewwww that sounds so gross)

Mr. Eye Patch is unknown to me... no clue, but I bet it's his eyeball they found in the arrow!

Offline daisy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2006, 07:50:56 AM »
Where are Sun and Jin - Sayid's back but where are the other two?

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2006, 09:17:21 AM »
1) Is Juliet being honest on the video?  Does she like Jack or was she playing him (like Ben said about it's not a coincidence that they're using Juliette to get to Jack b/c she looks like Sarah)?

She filmed the cards from the one location which is probably NOT bugged.  Her home.  I think it's a double-trick...you think it's a setup, therefore it's real.

2) who's the stranger in the eye patch?

It's "him".  He left the burning cigarette and the glass eye before.  He's either in charge of or not affiliated with Ben's Others.

3) What/who controls the black smoke fog?  And didn't Locke say that to him, it appeared as a bright light while it was clearly a dark smoke to Eko?

The security system is controlled by one of the super-psychic good ones.  Either Patchy McCreep runs it, or it's one of the Others.  Since that person probably has to be on the magic island (not Otherville island) to utilize the yellow-sun superpowers, I'm going with "him".

4) If it wasn't Yemi, who/what was it?

The person mind-controlling the smoke does not necessarily know how it is going to appear to the victim.  It takes the form of a significant person that the victim will relate to...kind of like the way the mind creates images from the past to deal with the random synapse firing in a dream.

"Sure", you say to yourself, "but wouldn't the smoke/hallucination controller recognize how the system work...why would they/it be confused when Eko calls it his brother?"  I'm thinking that once Eko gave the wrong answer (not going to repent) it toyed with him one last time before thrashing him, like Blofeld telling James Bond all about the evil plans.

5) is the new guy just a stud with nothing smart to say?

Yes.  But remember how, in a producer podcast, it was said that a "red shirt" would go off with a main character and instead of the expected (red shirt dies), we'll see the main character die and the red shirt rise to prominence.

In this case, I would see this as unfortunate for us viewers.

Offline deadpolarbear

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2006, 09:50:02 AM »
this episode was my favourite so far this season... great to see the island back tp its old antics with 'smokie' causing havoc.

On Ecko & The smoke
It still seems far fetched for me but, its implied that the smoke is creating the visions that alot of characters have seen around the island.. This would be one hell of a complicated science, to be able to read peoples minds, look into their pasts and feelings to develop such vivid illusions...
Again far fetched, but perhaps its being used to judge the characters... locke said it was a beautiful bright light, and he has been nothing but faithful and full of belief in the island, so perhaps thats why it caused him no harm... Ecko on the other hand was shown terrible visions of his past on his first encounter, perhaps a message to tell him to repent for his sins or else... and when he decided he didnt want to confess because he believed he hadnt sinned, then this showed the smokie that he couldnt be faithful enough and so it killed him...

On juilet's message to jack
ok, at first i thought she was sincere and really wanted jack to get rid of ben so that they could change. I dont think ben has anything to do with this plan, because if jack was to operate and cause a mistake, then ben would be no better off. and if jack wasnt to operate then he would still have the tumor and eventually die.. and he seemed genuinely caught out when jack mentioned those x-rays..
So the way i see it now... theres 2 options.. Juliet IS sincere and she will make a change and revolutionise the others when ben has gone. OR she is even worse than ben and she is trying to get rid of him, so she can become the leader of the others. seems a bit harsh, but could happen, remember Sawyer noting that 'she would have killed you in an instance' when juliet held a gun to kate.. maybe a hint into how devious she really is.. also knowing the fact that she looks similar to Jack's ex-wife... perhaps she is using this very cunningly to get jack's trust and friendship (which we can obviously see growing), to get him to do the dirty work..

ok.. a bit of a rant.. but i dont have time to check back very often so.. just my thoughts :)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2006, 01:45:02 PM »

5) I really hope they do something with these new characters because right now, they suck.  Really feels like a Cousin Oliver situation.  They stick out like a sore thumb.

LoL!! Couldn't agree more...keep Ecko and let the black smoke kill off the GQ model, that's what I say...

Offline uofapiglet

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2006, 03:08:40 PM »
I 100% don't trust Juliet.
I 100% can't stand the new people.
I 100% think the smoke moster is the weirdest part of the whole show.

Hahahaha... Ditto...

Offline uofapiglet

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2006, 03:13:18 PM »
Where are Sun and Jin - Sayid's back but where are the other two?

I wondered the same thing... I was like "when did Sayid get back?" Is it just Sayid or did all three of them trek back to the camp? Are Jin and Sun lost at see or stranded on some beach on another part of the island? I also wonder if we'll even get to see what happened and how they made it back...

Lastly, I keep thinking about if all the groups of survivors would everntually come back together or not... I can't wait for the different groups to encounter one another...

Offline jandajohnson

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2006, 03:59:37 PM »
new guy: *flush* "uhhhh, the bathrooom still works"  What?????  come on, people...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2006, 04:23:32 PM »
Sun and Jin may have encountered a difficulty that will be revealed later.

I can think of one: Jin was pissed about the bad campfire-trap plan and attacked Sayid who resolved the situation...permanently.