Author Topic: New mysteries  (Read 21487 times)

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: New mysteries
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 12:29:58 AM »
Or - Ben isn't him, but if "him" finds out that there was a coup, heads will roll.

We saw Juliet and Ben talking by themselves and Ben admitted they were his x-rays, so that's true.  We also know that a surgeon "fell out of the sky" right after Ben found out so that's true.  We know that Ben places some value on life because of the funeral.

We don't know if Ben believes in God or fate because he could be lying, and Juliet backs that up.  Ben asked Jack to think about the surgery, but he didn't threaten him, Kate, or Sawyer - and he should have.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 12:36:59 AM »
I don't know if he should have but he could have threateded their lives.

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 12:37:31 AM »
Locke did not see it today, During season 1 when they went to get the dynamite, smokey grabbed Locke and it tried to take him into a hole. Locke pleaded with jack to let it, but jack threw dynamite into the hole to save locke.

I know Locke has seen Smokey in the past.  Tonite he said to Eko:
"What exactly did you see back there? I saw it once, you know."
"and what did you see?"
"I saw a very bright light... it was beautiful"

It is interesting that Locke said he looked into the eye of the island and it was beautiful and today he describes it as a bright light, but it was different for eko.

Locke doesn't specify in this episode that the bright light he saw was on this island, just that he saw it once. Perhaps related to whatever caused his paralysis. But it depends on what he meant by "back there". The Hatch? The Coma? these could mean the white light people associate with the afterlife. The Riverbank? that would be referring to smokie, but did Locke even know that something was just there? Eko turned around, Smokie hovered for a moment and then pulled back quickly seconds before Locke came into view. Who did Smokie retreat from... Eko or Locke?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 12:43:46 AM »
I am going witht the assumption that he was referring to his experience with smokie.

I do like the idea that it was hiding from locke

Offline peeps

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 12:43:57 AM »
From reading your posts I remembered that when Jack found his father's coffin it was empty.  Also, when Eko got to the plane to find his brother's body, he was missing.  I have come to the conclusion that the monster has something to do with the missing bodies and also the monster has some how took the form of both.  If there are any other instances of this occurring please let me know.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 12:55:52 AM »
Yemis body disappearing diminishes one of my reasons I believe christian is alive.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 01:17:21 AM »
yes but Smokey Eko has talked to Yemi on the island before his body was taken from the plain

last season

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 01:18:59 AM »
Very good point. But wasn't that in a dream and not vision

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2006, 01:50:02 AM »
Many others have seen smokey, Charlie when eko looked into it, Jack and Kate did when it tried to drag locke into the ground and Jack threw dynamite into the hole.

It is interesting that Locke said he looked into the eye of the island and it was beautiful and today he describes it as a bright light, but it was different for eko.

Juggy  i dont think locke was asking Echo abot what he saw in the island but rather about his being near death( at first i thought locke was asking about smokie too until he described it as a bright light )  Locke had seen smokie as the dark cloud
and i dont think that locke saw smokie tonight

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 01:59:26 AM »
Locke did not see it today, During season 1 when they went to get the dynamite, smokey grabbed Locke and it tried to take him into a hole. Locke pleaded with jack to let it, but jack threw dynamite into the hole to save locke.

"and what did you see?"

Locke doesn't specify in this episode that the bright light he saw was on this island, just that he saw it once. Perhaps related to whatever caused his paralysis. But it depends on what he meant by "back there". The Hatch? The Coma? these could mean the white light people associate with the afterlife. The Riverbank? that would be referring to smokie, but did Locke even know that something was just there? Eko turned around, Smokie hovered for a moment and then pulled back quickly seconds before Locke came into view. Who did Smokie retreat from... Eko or Locke?

Excelent observations  Cayley about the exchange between locke and echo tonight
i think you are right on the money and that lockes discription of what he saw has something to do with his paralysis   

i think smokie retreated from Locke and his group

and Juggy I think Locke saw smokie another time also  not just when he was dragged by it

the never showed us smokie at the time just Locke looking up i think it was in season 1

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 02:06:33 AM »

"and what did you see?"

Fantastic analysis so far here... when I was watching the episode I was also confused by the scene between Locke and Eko... I was wondering if there were talking about the same thing, because if they weren't eye-to-eye about what they both saw, then how are we to construe the meaning of "We're next!" and who the smoke moster decides to approach? But at least we now know that the moster is capable of tangible deeds, mainly picking up people and killing.

San Diego Johnny

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 02:35:31 AM »
new guy: *flush* "uhhhh, the bathrooom still works"  What?????  come on, people...
They put that in there because they knew you (and others) would be as predictably nitpicky as you obviously were about it. 

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2006, 02:49:02 AM »
1) Is Juliet being honest on the video?  Does she like Jack or was she playing him (like Ben said about it's not a coincidence that they're using Juliette to get to Jack b/c she looks like Sarah)?
Never trust an Other!

2) who's the stranger in the eye patch?
Either "Him", some new lame character, or Snake Plisken!

3) What/who controls the black smoke fog? It's under it's own control...due to malfuction? And didn't Locke say that to him, it appeared as a bright light while it was clearly a dark smoke to Eko? Yes he did!
4) If it wasn't Yemi, who/what was it?
The smoke disgused/appearing in a way that scares or comforts whoever it is communicating with.
5) is the new guy just a stud with nothing smart to say?
I'd say yes...

San Diego Johnny

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 03:11:34 AM »
Why is everyone saying eye patch guy is Radzinsky?  Do we have any evidence to that effect?  Thanks. 

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2006, 03:20:28 AM »
no  there is no evidance of it at all
I have been asking that same question all along

at least we know it is not Kelvin and that it is a Live feed

it must be from the flame hatch if i remember correctly that is the only one we have not seen yet

and it also ends the theories that it had to be the swan hatch because of the computers