Author Topic: New mysteries  (Read 21514 times)

Offline musicotb

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
New mysteries
« on: November 01, 2006, 11:15:58 PM »
1) Is Juliet being honest on the video?  Does she like Jack or was she playing him (like Ben said about it's not a coincidence that they're using Juliette to get to Jack b/c she looks like Sarah)?
2) who's the stranger in the eye patch?
3) What/who controls the black smoke fog?  And didn't Locke say that to him, it appeared as a bright light while it was clearly a dark smoke to Eko?
4) If it wasn't Yemi, who/what was it?
5) is the new guy just a stud with nothing smart to say?

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: New mysteries
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 11:21:39 PM »
Juliet is a lier thats all part of there plan her and ben.
I think the eye patch guy is zindinski or whaterver his name is
black smoke still dont know who controls it but only Eko has actually seen it
Like has been said before, the smoke monster can turn into things.  Meaning Yemi was the smoke monster as well as all the other people he saw.

Offline stephen

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 11:29:08 PM »
I think Juliet is being sincere. If Jack does choose to kill Ben there wouldn't be anything Ben could do about it.

My reason for thinking Juliet is sincere is beacause she doesn't seem to like Ben. Even in the scenes when her and Ben are not around Jack.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 11:35:43 PM »
Many others have seen smokey, Charlie when eko looked into it, Jack and Kate did when it tried to drag locke into the ground and Jack threw dynamite into the hole.

It is interesting that Locke said he looked into the eye of the island and it was beautiful and today he describes it as a bright light, but it was different for eko.

Offline Faunis

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 11:37:40 PM »
My only doubt - and this may be little - about Juliet's sincerity is pragmatic: if Henry's got the whole station bugged, how the heck did she find an alone spot to film all that? I mean, she wrote all the signs and then - what - buried them in the jungle? Set them on fire? It just seems like Henry woulda found out.

I guess if everybody else is on her side, they could conspire with her, but it just seems improbable.

Offline musicotb

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 11:40:53 PM »
Isn't Rousseau's daughter (i'm drawing a blank on her name at the moment) always doing things against the Others secretly?  I mean, in the preview, it looks like she's a rebel.  I'm thinking that there really is a TON of conflict amongst the Others...

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 11:41:06 PM »
1) The writers are doing a lot to make us like Juliet, but I can't quite get over Sawyer's evaluation of her.  Remember when he staged that fight?  He said that most of the guys hadn't seen much action, but when she held a gun to Kate's head, she was 100% ready to pull the trigger.  We also saw her seem to be in the right place at the right time during the initial escape attempt by Sawyer and Carl.  She's one tough chick, and I'm just not ready to believe that she's on the up and up. It's possible she really wants Jack to kill Ben, but it might be for her own gain. Maybe she wants to run the show and needs a fall guy to pin Ben's death on. 

And it's also possible that Ben is still pulling her strings. 

IMO, she isn't to be trusted.

2) I have no idea who the eyepatch guy is, but haven't we seen someone with an eye patch at some point? Either in one of the Hanso videos or on Hansofoundation.org?  I swear we have, but I can't remember who and a brief search turned up nothing. 

3) NO CLUE about who controls the smoke.

4) I assumed that the Black Smoke was pretending to be Yemi (and was pretending to be Jack's father in Season 1...begging the question if the smoke is responsible for us hearing Jack's father on the intercom in season 3).  But I have no proof, obviously.

5) I really hope they do something with these new characters because right now, they suck.  Really feels like a Cousin Oliver situation.  They stick out like a sore thumb.

Offline musicotb

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 11:43:50 PM »
new guy: *flush* "uhhhh, the bathrooom still works"  What?????  come on, people...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 11:45:25 PM »
The new characters really do suck. It looks like they are stand ins for Kate and Sawyer. The guy is kind of put off by the whole thing and tries to be funny, the chick is trying to be tough. They are not needed and are taking time away from other characters. I would of rather seen Hurley and CHarlie go with them to the pearl/ Kill them off.

Offline Gordon Shumway

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 11:49:36 PM »
Why do they need to make Ben's death look like an accident?  I mean, who's jurisdiction are all these murders under.  Its not like some law enforcement agency is going to do a sweep of all the killers in these islands.

Now the thugs in the Other's camp might be a little miffed if someone just up and offed Ben...

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 11:52:51 PM »
Why do they need to make Ben's death look like an accident?  I mean, who's jurisdiction are all these murders under.  Its not like some law enforcement agency is going to do a sweep of all the killers in these islands.

Now the thugs in the Other's camp might be a little miffed if someone just up and offed Ben...
I think you pretty much answered your own question. I would just assume it's because Juliet is worried about keeping order within the Others.  But as I said in my post, keeping it quiet might also be for her own personal gain.  However, even if she is sincere, it makes sense. Presumably, not all of them want him dead.  If they went public, there could be a civil war.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 11:53:32 PM »
It has to look like an accident so the ones loyal to Ben don't rebel against Julliette and her group. She wants new leadership and not a riot.

Offline stephen

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 12:05:11 AM »
Maybe the black smoke is the island security device they talked about in season 1. But why it didn't kill Eko last season when they first met, I don't have a clue.

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 12:05:39 AM »
It is interesting that Locke said he looked into the eye of the island and it was beautiful and today he describes it as a bright light, but it was different for eko.

I don't think Locke saw smokie with Eko in this episode, it always seemed to have retreated before locke got there. So when Locke said he had seen a bright light I wondered if he meant at some point in his life he was on death's door and saw That Bright Light. Maybe he thought that was what Eko had seen

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 12:07:54 AM »
Locke did not see it today, During season 1 when they went to get the dynamite, smokey grabbed Locke and it tried to take him into a hole. Locke pleaded with jack to let it, but jack threw dynamite into the hole to save locke.