Author Topic: So it IS Ben  (Read 7172 times)

Offline musicotb

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
So it IS Ben
« on: November 01, 2006, 10:36:56 PM »
...that has our tumor.  Since when has Lost been so predictable?  And he believes in God?  This show gets more and more twisty every week!
I think Jack will do his best to remove it - it'd be unethical to not operate if he is capable.

Offline musicotb

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: So it IS Ben
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 10:51:49 PM »
Holy poop!  So now what's he going to do?????  How ethical is he?  Does he trust Ben or Juliette?  As far as we know, Jack has never killed anyone, right?  So, maybe they are trying to test him?  See if he is truly a moral, good person?  Is it all a mind game?  Wow... so, the writers deserve some serious credit for this mystery!!!!!!!

BlackrockBob

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 11:11:08 PM »
Jack is a surgeon. He won't let anyone die that he can save.
I know that surgery will be risky, they don't have the best operating room.

Jack never gives up saving people, we see that every flashback.

Offline Jas0n

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 11:11:37 PM »
I dont think its a mind game.. cutting someone open.. ya know? I doubt bens gonna go under anesthesia(sp?) and then pop up at the last second to call off the surgery. I think ben really has a tumor and jack will try to save him... i still dont trust julliet...

Offline 2 Islands, NO WAY

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 11:17:00 PM »
hey hey hey.. jack has failed some operations.. i think it was in season 1 when he failed an operation and his father said it was arlight, and that was when his wife left him

jack has to trust juliette .. and has to get rid of ben during the operation.. then he could kill juliette and everyone else.. and get off this island before the smoke massacres him

Offline musicotb

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 11:22:30 PM »
So what is the concensus on whether Jack would kill Ben during the surgery, if he decides to trust Juliette?  I'm thinking he's going to start testing the waters on both sides - challenge Ben and Juliette.  But I'm seeing the possibility of a HUGE clash in the Others' camp is Juliette is telling the truth and Jack does kill Ben.
I am not sure that Jack can kill Ben though... not just based on Juliette saying he's "very dangerous"... he'd probably need something more solid than that.  But, if Jack doesn't kill him, won't the tumor kill him eventually?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 11:38:55 PM »
I was wrong again, it was Ben. Dang it! Jack does not like Ben at all and might not mind getting rid of him. It looks like the surgery will be next week. He better put on a good show because they are all watching jack.

Offline pepeeg

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 11:39:21 PM »
 I think Juliet's gambit is a bluff... organized with Benry, to see if they can really trust Jack to operate on him.  If Jack doesn't assent to Juliet's coup plan, then Benry can be pretty sure he is not going to kill him during the operation.

My real question is why all the smoke and mirrors?? Why didn't Ben just come over to the Lostaways camp, introduce himself and his friends, invite the Lostaways to live in the camp, and ask Jack to operate on him?  Why all the crazy games, running around t he island killing and kidnapping people?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 11:50:38 PM »
Exactly, give them a place to live and some food, and Jack would of done it for sure. The answer is that they have lots to hide. The losties would of had tons of question of why are they there, can't they get off the island or communicate. They are hiding a lot.

I think Julliette is being honest with Jack that she wants Ben to die, the reasons for her wanting Ben to die may be deceptive.

Offline skbrad76

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 11:56:23 PM »
Yeah, there may be a legit reason for Ben to not make it through the surgery, but what if Ben is holding the key to something very personal and valuable to Jack, and Ben's survival is key???

What is our poor hero to do?  God forbid smokey finds out that Jack has murder in his heart and is not repentant ....

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 11:58:01 PM »
That would be the big twist. In the preview it shows ben barganing with Jack about getting off the island. If Jack does kill Ben does he lose that option.'

And you are right , don't upset smokie.

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 12:11:54 AM »
Jack is thinking Ben is the only way off the island, so he might just double-cross Juliet and tell Ben what's going on behind his back.  So if the operation is successful, Ben would need to confront Juliet, or Juliet would need to confront Jack.

Oh, and if the carrot didn't work, all Ben needs to do is tell the other Others to kill JKS if the surgery fails (Jack, you'd better save me or you're all dead.)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 12:21:59 AM »
I agree with that post. Who does Jack trust, I would save him and trust that your good deed would be rewarded. Not likely to be rewarded by killing Ben, even if he did his best.

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 12:57:49 AM »
I so called it... Ben and his tumor...

Anyway, I thought it was interesting that Ben told Jack, "I want you to want to operate on me" (or something of the sort). If the tumor was a matter of life and death, wouldn't you think that Ben would do whatever was in his power to have that operation regardless of how Jack felt about him? Instead, he wants Jack to "change his perspective" and do the surgery willingly as if it would help his conscience or some other unknown reason.

Both Ben and Juliet broke character and tried to sell Jack on different truths nad the importance of this operation.  Now it becomes an issue of who to trust.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 01:17:36 AM »
Congrats on the right call, I was wrong. Lost tricked me by actually being truthfull in its preview.